Mikedin’s grow journal 2, let’s go!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Last minute did a ton of messing around today just did some top training on the smallest plant right until lights out lol, sucks trying to cram 3 weeks worth of work into a 7 day stretch off lol but I think h managed it as well as took 5 clones off the candy kush during defoliation they are in rooting hormones and in peat pods in a craft show tent next to the cookies Kush clones we’ll see what survive and I’ll keep the 6 strongest and those will be my next run.. I’ll figure it out lol gotta get perpetual work bows the time to do it, one tent flipped, 2nd tent close, need to get some vegging clones going so we’ll see who’s strongest!

I think I’d like at least a month separation between these 2 tents so I can start vegging heavy for the big tent while that tent finishes a month earlier and I can dry and then veg in the smaller tent

46DDCC02 B63A 43DD 8F1A 584A7F56C398
4F15E35D 27EB 42AB B4DC BC771898A3F8
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Plants are doing great today! Just ordered some flower fuel to give them some boost now that I’m getting ready to flip them, they are stretching out like crazy with the extra root room I’m shocked how fast they recovered and took off. Gotta go over the ent for the next week or so and block off any zipper light leaks (there’s a bunch) I plan to seal all the doors inside with gorilla tape expert the main door I use and I’ll drape a black sheet or tarp over that door. Gotta make up some kind of light diffusers for the bottom air inlets and then I’ll flip these girls too!, took 5 clones off the candy kush yesterday and they so far and perked up and doing great, also have 6 clones of the cookies Kush most seem to be doing great! So I’ll pick the strongest 6 and pot them in some seed starter soil, gunna set up the tents differently next run and plan for 4 plants in one tent and 2 plants in the blurple tent and start them about a month apart just like i currently am

Candy kush in the blurple tent currently about 14 days since flip to 12/12

I am mainly using fat amendments but anything anybody thinks I should add to my feeding regimen? Must be organic.

Not gunna have a issue with keeping RH low, never goes over 30-33% at any time 😁

1AE78F32 E1D3 4BB0 9DD8 8A520D936D78
768BB4C0 C869 473C A7B4 3F7FCB736C14
75D84BE1 B304 4F26 9E07 F539A96B704B
91EA8A36 DABB 45CF A2C5 B1B69D87ACB7
6AE06867 37A9 4DDE A473 A104978B7A57
953A0C9C 4D86 40E4 84FF 75527AE3EA9D
0EED83F2 F0A3 42E5 8F13 4992A98CC10A
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I do kinda expect the 3 monstercrop clones to be lower yeilders but we’ll see what happens!

I’ve learned some stuff along the way with this grow, the yeild will tell me if these 5 gallon containers will do or if I will go for 10 gallon containers next grow, which I may anyways I seem to like the strawberry fields as the main medium so far we’ll see how it finishes out if it’s very good I’ll build a drip irrigation system as it’s mainly coco and I add a ton of perlite and some vermiculite I try to go for 2 day watering sessions if I can just works better with king work days

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ok maybe it’s time to replace the bedroom homemade tent 😂, bought the cheapest 4x4 I could find… I’ll have to make it work in the room, no biggie it’s a straight up bedroom for me when I work midnights so I don’t wake the wife and kids when I’m having a joint and beer at 7am 🤣🤣

So I’ll figure it out but it’ll be nice to have a actual tent in there that I can walk into then I figured why not scrog it right? Single plant, just started flower, It’ll work lol, either way I’ll make a 4x4 on the next run no matter what lol,

Went as cheap as possible, the 2x KingLED 1500’s and spiderfarmer 4” exhaust from the current tent will be in there, have some moving around to do but might use the other tent for clones and early veg I’ll see what I can do, I can always live it to the crawlspace since it dosent needle a lot of height and I have 48” available in there and it’s a 40’x50’ crawlspace adjoining my basement all concrete it’s actually wide open and is part of my lung room for my main tent 😁

BF9EBC91 E1D6 4371 821C 022C6BEB2667
DB950CBA EA14 43F9 B9C2 59CFF9F499CC
74A07894 C76C 41FF 90FA 6E4A0375EA67
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
One question is it too late to put the scrog net on this candy kush that’s 2 weeks into flip to 12/12 or will it still Grow through correctly?

I figure it’ll fill newly the whole net just not sure if it’s too late to let it grow through right

@Aqua Man @steamroller

steamroller

steamroller

I have not used a net yet, but see no harm myself.
I bought one a while ago but being a good procrastinator and pest issues never used it.
With zero actual use I say do it.
And we are smoking joints from first grow almost 1 whole year ago [ Mandarin Cookies today/ tonight] and screen sifted hash in the bong. 🥴

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Grabbed this for the big tent for an forced air inlet

BDA691B2 8D21 482F BDF0 9B61BC9516B9
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I have not used a net yet, but see no harm myself.
I bought one a while ago but being a good procrastinator and pest issues never used it.
With zero actual use I say do it.
And we are smoking joints from first grow almost 1 whole year ago [ Mandarin Cookies today/ tonight] and screen sifted hash in the bong. 🥴
Awesome haha I’m smoking candy kush from my first harvest ever lol and have 2 more generations in jars curing, and one still in a tent that we’re talking fab out scrog gong, she’ll have the full 4x4 and 4x4 scrog net as well as both lights to herself in a secluded room , just flipped to 12/12 fingers crossed she’s a giant success, candy kush has been everyone’s favorite when it auroflowered the past 2 runs this one not auto’ing and letting me get it huge is awesome I even tok clones of her to run again since I’m out of those seeds and she decided to ignore her rudiallis genes 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

One question is it too late to put the scrog net on this candy kush that’s 2 weeks into flip to 12/12 or will it still Grow through correctly?

I figure it’ll fill newly the whole net just not sure if it’s too late to let it grow through right

@Aqua Man @steamroller
Yeah you can pull it down over the plant a touch and do a little tucking for support

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yeah you can pull it down over the plant a touch and do a little tucking for support
Ok I’ll try that, basically don’t do the usual complete jam down in the cola sites just organize them, that I can handle 😁, I’m Hoping this turns out well I wanted to test it in the small scale before I go full out in the big tent, something terrifies me about having a plant tied into other plants and not being able to care fo them individually lol

For $60 to have a single tent dedicated to a Monster plant for testing is awesome, I’ll make use of the homemade tent for like a 24 hour veg tent with very low powered lights unless I can magically come Up with a better light for the 4x4 lol

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I’m quite surprised my VPD is pretty damn close

It’d be nice if it was about 2f hotter but I’m late veg now so if I can get it to hang right there all through flower I’d be happy as shit, dehumidifier in the lung room is barely running once or twice a day for 1/2 hour each time

0080D706 7975 4E17 AF04 96C7886DA2A6
BA6DF6AF 422B 4BEF A6B5 4BD3203482CD
E20620C0 70FF 467E 84B3 9C2C6EACDB9E
AA51A7B5 57C2 4E1B B8A4 3FBB479BD2D4
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Any opinions about venting one tent into another? I’m considering venting the 4x4 into the 4x8 using the in line fan I bought, then have the 6” exhaust pull out of the big tent. That would leave me with the 4” exhaust and carbon filter to mess with

What are the upsides and downsides of venting from one tent into another, obviously disease etc that could go from one tent to the other

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
In all I’ll have. 6” exhaust and filter, 4” exhaust and filter and a 4” inline fan

Then a 4x4 tent and the 4x8 tent

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

I bought the zazzy 4x4 about a month ago. It was cheap enough and its fine for veg, i havent bothered to check for light leaks, but its a decent tent for the price for sure. Ill be using it to dry, starting in a week or two.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I bought the zazzy 4x4 about a month ago. It was cheap enough and its fine for veg, i havent bothered to check for light leaks, but its a decent tent for the price for sure. Ill be using it to dry, starting in a week or two.
In this particular tent it shouldn't be too big of a concern for light leaks like my other tent, this one is in a blacked out room, I only watch TV in this room during lights out time, I can pull the light bulbs if needed so it’ll never have more than the TV light if needed lol

I mean ATM the homemade tent is made out of layers of garbage bags and it’s already flipped to 12/12 lol

I’ll get everything by Sunday I think then it’ll take some time to hook everything up correctly. Might wait till Tuesday to move anything other than build the tent itself since I’m in midnight shifts lol

Another reason I’d love to find a cheap time lapse camera I’d love to be able to see the full grow at the end of a run, I can practice with this one if I can find the right camera for cheap lol

Top Bottom