Mildew?

• Thread starter mainer101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mainer101

Hello all, well two of my plants are more advanced than the others, maybe a few weeks before harvest. Enigma strain, growing really fast. However, I been covering them during rainstorms and when I checked them yesterday I saw areas that look whiter or shinier then other areas. months ago I sprayed them w neem oil and it seemed to leave spots on the leaves. But now I.m concerned these areas could be mildew. Such a large well developed plant... I'm afraid i'm gonna lose it! If it is mildew, can the plant be saved? thanks for any input. If I leave it uncovered, will the rain clean the mildew off? thanks
Mildew
Mildew 2
Mildew 3
Mildew 4
Mildew 5
Mildew 6
Mildew 7
Mildew 8
Mildew 9

M

mainer101

Thanks. I will pick up some greencure tomorrow for sure. Is it too late to save this plant? I believe its only got another couple weeks to go

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hello all, well two of my plants are more advanced than the others, maybe a few weeks before harvest. Enigma strain, growing really fast. However, I been covering them during rainstorms and when I checked them yesterday I saw areas that look whiter or shinier then other areas. months ago I sprayed them w neem oil and it seemed to leave spots on the leaves. But now I.m concerned these areas could be mildew. Such a large well developed plant... I'm afraid i'm gonna lose it! If it is mildew, can the plant be saved? thanks for any input. If I leave it uncovered, will the rain clean the mildew off? thanksView attachment 737515 View attachment 737516 View attachment 737517 View attachment 737518 View attachment 737519 View attachment 737520 View attachment 737521 View attachment 737522 View attachment 737523

Sorry my friend but looks like a Pm issue real bummer so close to harvest is the plant able to be saved YES is it gonna take a lot of time and effort YES. Diluted peroxide water is your best best apply with pressure on infected areas then rinse plant off with clean water preferably a high PH water u will need o do this regularly until harvest.

At harvest I recommend spraying entire plant down with pressure water and really knock all PM off let buds dry before starting the curing process. I have done this several times buds will still turn out smokeable

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

So the greencure wont take care of it? just curious before i go and buy it

I'm not saying it won't just letting you know what I do to deal with it diluted peroxide is way cheaper and easy to use and I have not noticed any issues with it on the finished product in terms of a reaction to the chemical agent being used. You only need 2 oz per gallon of water so what does that equal like 10 cents per gallon ? Often times the simplest method is often the best.

But just like to b clear I am not going against anyone else's recommendation I would assume they would only tell you what they use as well( good vibes)

M

mainer101

Thanks, I was going to go w peroxide and water, but am unsure if its safe to smoke the bud after applying h2o2. I saw the vid on washing plants in this combo after harvesting, so i can only assume it must be safe. Just worried about inhaling left over peroxide residue

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Thanks, I was going to go w peroxide and water, but am unsure if its safe to smoke the bud after applying h2o2. I saw the vid on washing plants in this combo after harvesting, so i can only assume it must be safe. Just worried about inhaling left over peroxide residue

You will not inhale any peroxide if plants are washed after application that is why I stated to rinse immedielty after all infected areas are treated. If this is the case You have to think you will b inhaling the green cleaner as well from the finished product

M

mainer101

Very true. So rinsing right after like in Jorge Cervantes video, I saw him soak the plants after harvest in bucket of water and peroxide, however I didn't see him rinse the plants off with anything before hanging them in front of fan. Does that mean the peroxide will dissipate or evaporate on its own without rinsing? Just wondering, Thanks again. as a preventative measure, should I spray the others that I have, even if they show no signs of PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
sixstring

sixstring

Very true. So rinsing right after like in Jorge Cervantes video, I saw him soak the plants after harvest in bucket of water and peroxide, however I didn't see him rinse the plants off with anything before hanging them in front of fan. Does that mean the peroxide will dissipate or evaporate on its own without rinsing? Just wondering, Thanks again. as a preventative measure, should I spray the others that I have, even if they show no signs of PM.
Please no fancy links in your posts until you have been here a while longer. The system warns us that your post may be spam because your a new member.and welcome to the site.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Yes I have seen that video as well. Most Def rinse the plant after peroxide application just to b sure type keep going threw YouTube u will find a few other videos on people using the same method some just also simply spray with pressure water to knock it off plant

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Yes I have seen that video as well. Most Def rinse the plant after peroxide application just to b sure type keep going threw YouTube u will find a few other videos on people using the same method some just also simply spray with pressure water to knock it off plant

Yes I would but obviously do a lighter application on the no infected areas

M

mainer101

Well I tried to save what I could, but I have a question. The PM is on fan leaves and a little on the the sugar leaves. Can I cut/trim the PM off and hang/dry the rest. I have a magnifier to look close at the buds for PM but I don't see any on them. Thanks for any advice.

Madbud

Madbud

Has anybody tried vinegar and a cotton swab or mist for mildew?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Well I tried to save what I could, but I have a question. The PM is on fan leaves and a little on the the sugar leaves. Can I cut/trim the PM off and hang/dry the rest. I have a magnifier to look close at the buds for PM but I don't see any on them. Thanks for any advice.

Cut it odd the fan leaves u don't want it anywhere it will spread

M

mainer101

Ya I tried misting them. It helped to keep it under control, but it was a waste of time. If I could go back a few weeks, I would just harvest early.

M

mainer101

I cut all i could see off. Them I trimmed them up and looked at them w magnifying lens and could not see anymore. Is it safe to assume I can hang them to dry as long as I can not find anymore on them, or do I toss entire colas?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I cut all i could see off. Them I trimmed them up and looked at them w magnifying lens and could not see anymore. Is it safe to assume I can hang them to dry as long as I can not find anymore on them, or do I toss entire colas?

No if you have fallowed the steps and rinsed and can't find any then yes proceeed with the drying process

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Spray the leaves with 50 50 ratio milk and water. Enzymes in the milk will take care of it quick. How far are you into bloom? Depending on what week your I'd say your plants look hungry to me man.

Top Bottom