Milk Does your plant good.

• Thread starter Spartan12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Spartan12

Has anybody ever used Milk On there plants besides me?
I have used Milk On plants for years basically to make leaves shine on rubber plant leaves and it works amazing.When I started growing outdoor weed plant I decided to research Using milk more further and through experimental use I have not only found it to be amazing but saved plant s many times.So by now like always your probably saying this guy is nuts and you would be right but not in this case.
Benefits and there is only benefits.
1) Milk has every nute a plant needs.
2) antifungal will kill powdery mold almost instantly.
3) will kill any soft bodied bug when sprayed on your plant. Soft bodied bugs have no pancreas so when they eat the milk they bloat and die.
(Spider mites yes and feed your plant at the same time) 30% milk 70% water spray on plant under and over leaves , soil , and stems.
4 ) when foliar spray on plants it creates protection from things even thinking of starting and feeds you plants the right stuff especially during flower amazing.
Now having said all this I don't hose my plants down with milk every day just a few times a year and during breezy days they drink it up.Also for any bug or mold issue that arises.
My experience with milk is only outdoor grows indoor is another animal but don't see why it wouldn't work the same.
Don't believe me do your own trials and see.Natural is always better.
There is some info on internet mostly for house plants.
Ok now let me hear how crazy I 'am lol

Tinmanfromoz

Tinmanfromoz

Has anybody ever used Milk On there plants besides me?
I have used Milk On plants for years basically to make leaves shine on rubber plant leaves and it works amazing.When I started growing outdoor weed plant I decided to research Using milk more further and through experimental use I have not only found it to be amazing but saved plant s many times.So by now like always your probably saying this guy is nuts and you would be right but not in this case.
Benefits and there is only benefits.
1) Milk has every nute a plant needs.
2) antifungal will kill powdery mold almost instantly.
3) will kill any soft bodied bug when sprayed on your plant. Soft bodied bugs have no pancreas so when they eat the milk they bloat and die.
(Spider mites yes and feed your plant at the same time) 30% milk 70% water spray on plant under and over leaves , soil , and stems.
4 ) when foliar spray on plants it creates protection from things even thinking of starting and feeds you plants the right stuff especially during flower amazing.
Now having said all this I don't hose my plants down with milk every day just a few times a year and during breezy days they drink it up.Also for any bug or mold issue that arises.
My experience with milk is only outdoor grows indoor is another animal but don't see why it wouldn't work the same.
Don't believe me do your own trials and see.Natural is always better.
There is some info on internet mostly for house plants.
Ok now let me hear how crazy I 'am lol
Interesting 🧐 do you use 2% or 1%?
I have some aphids that need gone.
I have a 750 ml hand sprayer
How much milk to water would that be ?
Thanks

Z

Zill

Spartan,

I found this list of benefits using milk for foliar applications. A lot of it is hookey dookey. Weasel words describing the benefits.

Whole milk is claimed to be better. More fat. Better I guess. Very few, if any of the milk components can penetrate the upper epidermis. Loads of claims very little actually does what it claims,

Benefits of Using Milk Spray For Plants​

1. Enhanced Plant Growth: Milk contains essential nutrients like calcium, which can promote healthy plant growth and overall vitality.
  2. Powdery Mildew Prevention: Milk has been found to be effective in preventing powdery mildew, a common fungal disease that affects various plants.
  3. Natural Fertilizer: Milk can serve as a natural fertilizer, enriching the soil with nutrients that benefit your plants.
  4. Pest Deterrent: It can deter pests like aphids and spider mites, protecting your garden from infestations.
  5. Improved Soil Structure: Milk helps improve soil structure, enhancing water retention and aeration.
  6. Enhanced Flower Blooms: Some gardeners have reported that milk can lead to larger and more vibrant flower blooms.
  7. Environmentally Friendly: Using milk in the garden is an eco-friendly way to recycle a household item while benefiting your plants.
  8. Cost-Effective: Milk is a readily available and cost-effective solution for garden care

If it works for you use it.

Zill.

Bilber

Bilber

Interesting 🧐 do you use 2% or 1%?
I have some aphids that need gone.
I have a 750 ml hand sprayer
How much milk to water would that be ?
Thanks
That's funny....I just kinda joked about whole milk....

Truth be told, everything I remember correctly was using milk, any milk works....I only use whole milk, so if you are using 1% or 2% milk, I would use less water per ratio....

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
LAB aka Lactic Acid Bacteria
PXL 20230908 134621620

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
yes. There's fat free, there's 2 %, there's soy milk... etc.. not to mention straight from the udder and pasteurized ..
I can get whole goat milk raw unpasteurized locally… straight from the udder if needed…

I’ve heard of people using milk before, besides , lactobacillus <- ( forgive my my almost certian butchering of that spelling 😆) I just imagined the smell by harvest would be overpowering the grow… especially indoors 😵

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I can get whole goat milk raw unpasteurized locally… straight from the udder if needed…

I’ve heard of people using milk before, besides , lactobacillus <- ( forgive my my almost certian butchering of that spelling 😆) I just imagined the smell by harvest would be overpowering the grow… especially indoors 😵
I can imagine the bacteria eating the odor causing materials and benefiting the soil.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I've used it for years in my garden for PM on Zucchini and Cuecumber!
Works great!!
Haven't used it in or on the soil as a feed thought!
No shit, you guys use it for pest management? It's not a feed for my plants. It's a microbial inoculant for my soil.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom