Milk Does your plant good.

• Thread starter Spartan12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zill

Week4,

So you’re not consuming that LAB probiotic. You’re adding it to the soil. What do you think the plant benefits from a probiotic?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Week4,

So you’re not consuming that LAB probiotic. You’re adding it to the soil. What do you think the plant benefits from a probiotic?
There's a ton of material out there that promotes this, it's made popular by the KNF (Korean Natural Farmers) community.

LAB is very effective at improving pore space in soil/soil ventilation
LAB increases the solubility of fertiliser
LAB can directly promote plant growth or seed germination, as well as alleviating various abiotic stresses.
LAB will neutralize ammonia gas produced where the immature compost is applied.
LAB is conditionally anaerobic, so they can also survive with oxygen.
LAB solubilizes phosphate - Using LAB in phosphate-accumulated soil will increase its capacity to absorb the insoluble form of phosphates and help overcome the saline disorder as a result of decomposition of the phosphates.
LAB has served as an effective biocontrol agent; recently LAB has been shown to be effective in the control of a wide variety of fungal and bacterial phytopathogens.
LAB can improve nutrient availability from compost and other organic material.
The fermentation pathways provide a more efficient means for utilizing organic substances during their decomposition in soil.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I have never smelt anything in all the years I've used it outdoors. How did u apply it? I spray it on leaves but even when I poured it straight on soil no smell.
I sprayed it on leaves, can’t recall solution rate, .I was probably after aphids. Maybe the rate was too high.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I like to use pulverized, sterilized, egg shells in my grow medium. Have never tried milk but I have heard good things, makes sense though, bacteria, sugars, amino, macros, micros.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes milk is good in helping keep the immune system strong, australia and other countries with very hot sunny conditions use it all the time on their crops..
it’s best used full strength on a very hot sunny day for it to have the proper affect..

S

Spartan12

The most important use of Milk for me is bug killer and mold killer. Game changer for me. Last year had a very rainy and damp fall.I was fighting white powdery mold bad. I used the milk drenched my plants top to bottom killed the mold with in 10 min but because off rain and dampness mold kept reappearing after a few days and I would hit them again to keep it under control.Saved four plants.As far as using it as fertelizer I do it maybe twice a year near the end for the sugars if at all.So do your own experimenting .
Never had any smell or cheese.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Has anybody ever used Milk On there plants besides me?
I have used Milk On plants for years basically to make leaves shine on rubber plant leaves and it works amazing.When I started growing outdoor weed plant I decided to research Using milk more further and through experimental use I have not only found it to be amazing but saved plant s many times.So by now like always your probably saying this guy is nuts and you would be right but not in this case.
Benefits and there is only benefits.
1) Milk has every nute a plant needs.
2) antifungal will kill powdery mold almost instantly.
3) will kill any soft bodied bug when sprayed on your plant. Soft bodied bugs have no pancreas so when they eat the milk they bloat and die.
(Spider mites yes and feed your plant at the same time) 30% milk 70% water spray on plant under and over leaves , soil , and stems.
4 ) when foliar spray on plants it creates protection from things even thinking of starting and feeds you plants the right stuff especially during flower amazing.
Now having said all this I don't hose my plants down with milk every day just a few times a year and during breezy days they drink it up.Also for any bug or mold issue that arises.
My experience with milk is only outdoor grows indoor is another animal but don't see why it wouldn't work the same.
Don't believe me do your own trials and see.Natural is always better.
There is some info on internet mostly for house plants.
Ok now let me hear how crazy I 'am lol
So is there a certain week you would not use milk on buds? I really like the powdery mildew part... I want to try this but I'm a few weeks away from harvest

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So is there a certain week you would not use milk on buds? I really like the powdery mildew part... I want to try this but I'm a few weeks away from harvest
mmmm wouldn’t do it now..
you got the mildew?

JKash

JKash

Supporter
mmmm wouldn’t do it now..
you got the mildew
So I had a harvest 1.5 weeks ago... that did have a little powdery mildew... I did a bud wash...

My next harvest in 2 or 3 weeks no mildew but got me thinking with this thread

S

Spartan12

The only issue I have in later bud is drying off .If you have a breezy day then u can. I have used it right up until harvest bit only because I had powdery mold. If you think your plant can consume it fast enough on a breezy sunny day then yes.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
The only issue I have in later bud is drying off .If you have a breezy day then u can. I have used it right up until harvest bit only because I had powdery mold. If you think your plant can consume it fast enough on a breezy sunny day then yes.
I'm indoors

S

Spartan12

So I had a harvest 1.5 weeks ago... that did have a little powdery mildew... I did a bud wash...

My next harvest in 2 or 3 weeks no mildew but got me thinking with this thread
When your in a situation we're you may loose your plants I would rather use milk than any chemical.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
When your in a situation we're you may loose your plants I would rather use milk than any chemical.
So maybe I'll spray them down lightly and blast them with inline fan for "breezy day"

S

Spartan12

Last year after I had the mold and kept it under control I also did a bud wash just to be safe as my buds were huge and thick and probably can't get it all

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Last year after I had the mold and kept it under control I also did a bud wash just to be safe as my buds were huge and thick and probably can't get it all
Ya I generally spray my whole basement down with peroxide this summer has been brutal...

Top Bottom