• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Good morning fellas,
I've cloned about every way imaginable over the decades.
The most determinant factor I've concluded is cuttings should be taken from plants that are a minimum of 8 weeks old for 100% success rates.

Just my 2 cents.
I hope others with similar health issues find this thread. It has some great pain management info lately.

Funny we havent discussed how weed fits in to this much.

I wanted to say that until i learned to wait to harvest until the buds were truly done growing and producing trichomes i got very little medical benefits from my flowers.

Once i realized not to flush or use bloom boosters which both shorten the flowering time it started taking up to 3 weeks longer to flower a plant properly. Usually 2. 8 week strains take at least 10. And 10 weekers always 12 for me.

But the extra yield and visible layers upon layers of trichomes under the scope are proof enough.

I like to try to get the most potential out of every seed i plant. I find vegging to maturity is key for max potency as well. Not just potency. But complexity.

My 12/12 grows never match a good 6 week veg for effects.
Why would bloom booster shorten the flowering time? To flush or not to? Is there a time or situation when you would flush?

Bchbudman

Bchbudman

The other day I went to check out a growshop I havent been to before they wanted 124 bucks for a 600 super hps,I asked for a deal if I got 2 and they said no lol.I asked about the OF and what coco they had, 28 bucks a bag.dude said theyre outside,they were in some sheds in frozen lumps lol.I got in the truck and left...The spot I was going to is now closed the next closest one is nearly two hours away
Order through Amazon, you can get ALL the grow items your heart desires. LOL

Bchbudman

Bchbudman

Here is one of the Critical Mass x Blue Lemon Thai that has been limping along. The buds look good. Thick with trichomes and sticky resin. Harvested.

But the yield is half what I expect. When you lose your lower fan leaves early on in flower no good bud sites develop down there.

View attachment 919517View attachment 919518View attachment 919519View attachment 919521View attachment 919522View attachment 919523View attachment 919524View attachment 919525

Took some patience but the tops developed pretty nice. Maybe 2 ounces dry there.
Look pretty good to me, need someone to help test it? LOL

Bchbudman

Bchbudman

if you are asking me,it was because of my chest,im just getting were i can do a little bit,plants are around 1 1/2 ft ,i did top them couple weeks ago and put net on then yesterday ,probally wont fill in by any means but will keep the plants down were i dont have such a headache trying to keep um out of light,my tent is only 5ft tall and 1 1/2 ft already has filter and light in there.
on another note ,you guys go say high to jimster ,he just opened a thread ,had a heart attack,believe me i know first hand all support right now is much needed and helps with the healing stage when folk acually care about you
Good luck with recovery.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The other day I went to check out a growshop I havent been to before they wanted 124 bucks for a 600 super hps,I asked for a deal if I got 2 and they said no lol.I asked about the OF and what coco they had, 28 bucks a bag.dude said theyre outside,they were in some sheds in frozen lumps lol.I got in the truck and left...The spot I was going to is now closed the next closest one is nearly two hours away
I don't know how close you are to the state line but there's a new one in Peabody Mass, I've only been there once but I like it and the dude seemed fairly knowledgeable and very chill, I asked him where his meters were & he immediately started offering deals even before he pointed out their location LOL

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why would bloom booster shorten the flowering time? To flush or not to? Is there a time or situation when you would flush?

Sure i flush when the ec gets too high or unmanagable. Its a tool to clear out excess salts. I prefer to taper down the feed strength as the plant ripens to maximize yield and potency. I have run many clones to test this.

And our plants need the same ratio of nitrogen all the way through to the end. Bloom boosting robs the plant of available nitrogen. It is good for some flowering plants but proven in tissue tests to not be the case with marijuana.

Read about the myth of phosphorous.

Bchbudman

Bchbudman

aint gotta tell me bro,i was a damn pin cushion and junky for several years,until this i refused to even take medication even for a head ache,when you feel like a lab rat,easy to understand,but hey all you ,just looking out for the next joe if you dig,dieing and finding out you did and a machine kept you alive changes your mind about a lot of shit,and believe it or not all those other thing make no difrence or sense at all ,will sure change your mind set,any way done with all that
I can relate Mates, went through Throat Cancer 7yrs ago, Chemo and Radiation
I really appreciate the caring and advice bro. But I'm a stubborn old ass and tbh I avoid the docs like the plague... Has some very interesting experiences with them. I trust my doctor bit he even write my prescriptions for 6 months so I don't have to see him. He gets it and knows I am capable of adjusting my own meds. Think he doesn't want me to just go without ever going but that's besides the point. I had a heart attack already years ago... Although that was self induced through very bad combination of decisions. I have skipped out on 4 surgeries but this one for my back I will not... I just can't do the pain anymore and I'm fucking useless in comparison to my younger years. Anyhow ima drop it.

Sorry for the life story in your thread Mimed
I can relate Mates, fought Cancer 7yrs ago and went through Chemo and Radiation, now in Remission, but suffer from the side effects. Lost ALL my teeth, have very little saliva glands, and taste buds have come back too about 50%. Hang in there, having friends and family to talk to is a great plus. I am 60yrs old, and been a stoner since the 70s. LOL

AtomicRoostr

AtomicRoostr

Sure i flush when the ec gets too high or unmanagable. Its a tool to clear out excess salts. I prefer to taper down the feed strength as the plant ripens to maximize yield and potency. I have run many clones to test this.

And our plants need the same ratio of nitrogen all the way through to the end. Bloom boosting robs the plant of available nitrogen. It is good for some flowering plants but proven in tissue tests to not be the case with marijuana.

Read about the myth of phosphorous.
I should have been more specific, totally understand flushing to control ec. I never understood flushing at the end of flower, but 95% of my grows are outside but that is going to change. I also looked into the phosphorus myth, good stuff.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I should have been more specific, totally understand flushing to control ec. I never understood flushing at the end of flower, but 95% of my grows are outside but that is going to change. I also looked into the phosphorus myth, good stuff.

Black market big growers told me 20 uears ago that they “flush” for two weeks because they feed as much as possible through the cycle for yield and the flushing is to help clear out the medium to try to ripen the flowers without too much excess nutes.

Basically a band aid for a cut that needs stiches. If you get what i mean.

Feed properly and there is no need.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If it's good enough for you that's what I need. First one off Ebay. Followed the advice of Cheaphomegrow. More like makeanassoutyou😀

My current one is still working fine after 20 months. And i have the flower room amd drying closet full all the time. Good product.

Needs prefilters changed periodically for best results.

Also made of light aluminum so can dent easily. But lighter is good for these big things.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Top filled the Pow x BLT seedlings to bury the stretchy stems. I leave some space when planting for this.

CC2C6870 65A6 43B7 B420 5BA9C5F83078

OG Kush x Trainwreck ready for final transplant and flowering soon.

21C9F89E 3583 4350 876D 395E76BEA6CB

Black Widow x BLT doing fine. Back right.

3CA5AA60 14CE 4F3B B6C2 B881B02EF90F

And the Aroma x BLT cuts still just sitting there since yesterday. Lol.

978B93B9 DB41 4C4A A2C7 756FF4ACA896

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Top filled the Pow x BLT seedlings to bury the stretchy stems. I leave some space when planting for this.

View attachment 928699

OG Kush x Trainwreck ready for final transplant and flowering soon.

View attachment 928700

Black Widow x BLT doing fine. Back right.

View attachment 928701

And the Aroma x BLT cuts still just sitting there since yesterday. Lol.

View attachment 928702
I have followed your advice and filled in as the girls filled in seedling stage and as you can see from the pics I'll post tonight all is going pretty well especially for the first time around.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Here is the hurting Headband from the stress seeds from the first bad run. Lol

Last time she was flushed down to 1.5 ec and 6.2 ph and took a week to drink it back dry. Tonight i gave her 10 ml PBP grow again (and 4 drops Microbe Lift for the gnats these yellowing plants attract) at 1.2 ec and got back 1.3 ec and 6.4ph. Perfect.

She started greening up right away

DD106660 7176 4EB8 B637 929FE7659C71
B814B9E6 D691 4CF4 B3A0 08293BEA8870
289D9542 2508 4CDE 84CF 3678C786357A
E2F44B53 81E1 4886 BA40 832C0BB1EA7F

Not pretty. I messed these plants up. But the buds are getting sticky and starting to stack. We will see how she does.

Fast recovery is crucial to yield and quality. This was very slow recovery. :-(

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think it looks awesome! I’m amazed how well some of these messed up plants do. It’s been fun watching and learning

Plants are amazingly resilient. But everything we do wrong hurts yield.

But when you get it right and grow out a seed that becomes an amazing plant showing so much of its potential its like an elite clone. It feels amazing! Usually pretty amazing to smoke too.

I was just over your thread. Keep with the patience. You got potent looking flowers growing over there bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom