• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
There is a specific type of poppy that is what is considered best for opium production. It's commonly sold at greenhouses. I can't remember the name. I can try to find it again as I did research it quite a bit a while ago.

My wife's father was just diagnosed with leukemia I just found out she she does not know yet. Heading to pick her up from work now so I may be semi absent for a bit as we figure out what's going on and she will need some support.
Queens poppy or Lauren's grape are the best. I'm looking into it right now and ordering seeds online lol.

Sorry to hear about the father in law.. that's a hard one indeed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Chemdog SKVA x Bag of Oranges (second seed)

A60B2A99 8767 4257 AEEA CA264F1CFBA1

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I flushed 2 plants that were showing symptoms with a couple gallons of low then medium nutes. Both final numbers were 1.6 and about 6.1 ec. Still a little low but hopefully the buffer will bring it back up now.

The younger plant has started calcium spots.

Toxic Blue 33 found stress seed poss open pollination plant.
6720D7EE 5726 46D9 8F54 3421FB30A28A
5A45024E 103E 4F16 82F2 A2EFFC070091

And the Chemdog SKVA x Bag Of Oranges.

34D7C9CA 6F14 46D6 ACEA BD5EF649F176

Already greening up. Just took this pic. About 8 hours after flush/feed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You can see the yellowed plants in the background. They lost their big leaves.

And so is the Headband mixed seed plant. She is still stalled but hetting dry. Will post when she is ready. Her fan leaves have all curled up necrotic since watering last week.

Still no sign of root aphids. But it would answer this issue. Will keep looking. Even closely checked the yellow sticky cards but all the flyers look like gnats. They keep coming back with the yellow leaves.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I have been pumping full-strength newts at 890 PPM for 3 feedings in a row and I never feed more than twice in a row, and I'm still yellowing up too, but my leaves are doing as I posted above, imo the leaf is dying naturally via fade but I think it's possible there's more going on than I'm aware of,

and it does seem to be more fade that normal, but I have no indication that there's anything but light fungus gnats going on? I didn't feed heavily at the beginning of their flower cycle and they started fading at about 5 weeks.

recent runoffs have been perfect without looking anything up it's right around 1000 PPM + 6.4 average

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I have been pumping full-strength newts at 890 PPM for 3 feedings in a row and I never feed more than twice in a row, and I'm still yellowing up too, but my leaves are doing as I posted above, imo the leaf is dying naturally via fade but I think it's possible there's more going on than I'm aware of,

and it does seem to be more fade that normal, but I have no indication that there's anything but light fungus gnats going on? I didn't feed heavily at the beginning of their flower cycle and they started fading at about 5 weeks.

recent runoffs have been perfect without looking anything up it's right around 1000 PPM + 6.4 average

I seem to have the problem if they are above 1.7 ec (650 ppm). They spike high as the water dries up. I will post if the newer plant improves from being flushed with a .8 mix down to 1.6 ec. So far the spots have advanced a little. But I expect that at first.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I seem to have the problem if they are above 1.7 ec (650 ppm). They spike high as the water dries up. I will post if the newer plant improves from being flushed with a .8 mix down to 1.6 ec. So far the spots have advanced a little. But I expect that at first.
Your spotting is what's confusing me about this because I'm not spotting first, I'm fading like I posted above in those three pictures? Other than that we have pretty similar things going on including environment so I still dont know?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Your spotting is what's confusing me about this because I'm not spotting first, I'm fading like I posted above in those three pictures? Other than that we have pretty similar things going on including environment so I still dont know?

Different plants will show stuff differently I think.

I just measured my new bag of of after mixing 30% large chunky #4 perlite in and broke up the climps real good.

Runoff was 1.4ec (700ppm) and ph was 6.5. Army green match on general hydro ph drop label.

When i checked the plant with the spots last watering the runoff was 2.8ec but was only watered with .3 ec well water. How? I guess it has something to do with the CEC of the soil. But again. Problems arising with high ec.

Has to be calcium or maybe iron buildup from my well water. Overwatering maybe a day early each time over time left me soggy clogged roots.

I really looked hard for any signs of root aphids. But have not seen a spec.

Srenots

Srenots

Different plants will show stuff differently I think.

I just measured my new bag of of after mixing 30% large chunky #4 perlite in and broke up the climps real good.

Runoff was 1.4ec (700ppm) and ph was 6.5. Army green match on general hydro ph drop label.

When i checked the plant with the spots last watering the runoff was 2.8ec but was only watered with .3 ec well water. How? I guess it has something to do with the CEC of the soil. But again. Problems arising with high ec.

Has to be calcium or maybe iron buildup from my well water. Overwatering maybe a day early each time over time left me soggy clogged roots.

I really looked hard for any signs of root aphids. But have not seen a spec.
just a thot Med, but do you let ur water sit for 24 hrs or so before using , or do u use it straight away...

Srenots

Srenots

It sits but only to come up to room temp. Its cold out of the tap. 90 ft. deep well.
just wondering if you have tested it before and after it sits....guessing you wont have much of a change, but ever tested it? always late as usual and havent read evrything yall have been saying, just saw what u said about ur water....have seen crazy sht happen with plain water...guess it just depends on where u are and the quality....didnt mean to interrupt ....carry on lol

Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

There is a specific type of poppy that is what is considered best for opium production. It's commonly sold at greenhouses. I can't remember the name. I can try to find it again as I did research it quite a bit a while ago.

My wife's father was just diagnosed with leukemia I just found out she she does not know yet. Heading to pick her up from work now so I may be semi absent for a bit as we figure out what's going on and she will need some support.
Bad News, hope your father-in-law has a good outcome ! Lost my best friend to it 2 years ago, was only 58. Best of Wishes.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm not sure this might not have something to do with fungus gnats? The flush tonight or tomorrow morning is going to be BT heavy and I'm not going to chase it with newts, I'm just going to let the plain pH BT sit in there for a few days and see what that does

but my new sticky cards are very light so IDK, if you weren't having the similar problem I would be thinking that it was normal, just early fade from my light feeding initially during the first month, but now I'm seeing a lot of parallels to your issue if I'm honest so IDK?

Edit: but I do move a lot of air so I'm not surprised that there aren't many Flyers but I do see some Walkers now and then

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I doubt you've had to deal with septoria with your controlled environment, but can you post some clearer pictures of these spots?
20191219 092710

Septoria looks a lot like early calcium issues ( brown circle with black ring ) and if everything's dialed in it might be worth considering? I've dealt with it and I had a lot of trouble diagnosing it initially, thought it was calcium deficiency for a long time

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you it's AML leukemia. Not a lot of info yet but he is in his 70's average is about 10 months but with his age I am expecting less. Going to be flying out there for Christmas now. It will likely be his last one.
dont confess that bro,give us old gizzers a little bit more credit,they gave my father in law with white cell lung cancer 6 moths,he lived 6 more years past his 6 months,even if so ,it was meant to be brother you know what i mean,just suport is the best thing and calming to me it is anyway,meant a shit load recently if you dig,got to say this ,it driving me crazy everyone doing everything for me though,feels like i should be in a old folk home instead,not a good feeling ,keep that in mind and i bet he will appreciate it,ask if he needs dont asume

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I doubt you've had to deal with septoria with your controlled environment, but can you post some clearer pictures of these spots?
View attachment 922116

Septoria looks a lot like early calcium issues ( brown circle with black ring ) and if everything's dialed in it might be worth considering? I've dealt with it and I had a lot of trouble diagnosing it initially, thought it was calcium deficiency for a long time
i really dont get this thing with septoria lately ,seriously for last year i been hearing it so much,it is rare to have this and phosphrus can give same signals with the black rings and such,hell dont know probally wrong,but kinda curious how just in last year it like a ecoli outbreak

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

i really dont get this thing with septoria lately ,seriously for last year i been hearing it so much,it is rare to have this and phosphrus can give same signals with the black rings and such,hell dont know probally wrong,but kinda curious how just in last year it like a ecoli outbreak
Oh man I had it bad when I started growing from about six months in as soon as the fall weather got cool and damp, took me about six months to diagnose it because I wasn't on the net and I hadn't grown in 20 years, but I eliminated it with burning sulfur and copper spray, haven't had it since in the last 3 years

whereas he has everything dialed in and is still having this issue, after seeing that last picture of that spot I'm hoping to see some more pictures to at least rule it out?

Bitters420

Bitters420

Yeah from what I've read the nerve damage happens more often with the higher doses. The pharmacist told me heavy users for chronic pain take as much as 900mg 3 times a day! That's wild, I take 100mg in the morning and again after lunch, then 200mg at night. And it's absolutely shocking how fast the pain went away on it. Like, I went from crawling and crying to walking around like nothing happened within about 2 hours.

I was on 600mg gabapentin 3x a day along with 20mg tramadol and flexeral after having nerve damage from orchiectomy (removal of testicle) due to cancerous tumor, a hernia mesh digging into a cut nerve, and also bulged disc. The combination they had me on was just about fatal. I quit taking everything when I thought I was flying in a magical bus while driving through Detroit for work.
Will never touch that gabapentin again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom