• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So you can only grow indica dom's and THC & CBD 0%? Is it referring to the actual content in the seeds or average levels when grown? So what, you can only grow some hemp flowers and smoke em' for fun? Silly government when will they learn that the more they restrict the more we THRIVE!
It says thc & cbd levels may be different than advertised percentages. So no info provided. lol I don't know anyone that's bought the seeds. I'd like to here from anyone that has. at $55 for 4 seeds I' don't believe I'll find many who've gone that route.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Facts. Which is why it's important to gift seeds to as many people as will take them! 😇

The more people growing nationwide, the less demand there will be for overpriced government mids, and the greater genetic variety will be available.
You missed the part about the only legal pot is derived from legal seeds. So all pot grown even the 4 allowed have to come from the gov or its illegal

Moshmen

Moshmen

HP stands for high porosity and I add 30% perlite, there was another minor difference too, I know we talked about this before and there's a paging the beach house somewhere about it but I couldn't find it

my main complaint with promix is that while I know my feeding cycles in ffof and I know a wet dry/cycle too

I know neither in promix?! it's way different than dirt, and I think it's a little more confusing, particularly if I was a new grower

Can't deny the growth! However I don't know exactly what it's from because I've got a few variables besides the Pro mix medium, ie. the grow bags and I'm using Mykos again too

Will be interesting to watch your grow with it hopefully I can pick up some tips!
I totally agree most difficult and frustrating part for me is watering schedule- however I’ve never used this much bottled nutrients before so we will see end product? No doubt I will have my largest harvest

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

You missed the part about the only legal pot is derived from legal seeds. So all pot grown even the 4 allowed have to come from the gov or its illegal

Where did you read that? Not saying you're wrong, but my reading of the law is a bit different.

In the act, it says that it's legal to "grow from licensed seed or seedlings," that seeds can only be purchased from government sources, and that they can't be imported or exported. But finding anything with a real definition of what "licensed" means is essentially impossible right now. Haven't seen anything outlawing gifting or germinating seeds of preexisting genetics, or gifting pollen, etc.

If a person S1's a "licensed" clone, are the seeds legal? If there's a seed in legally purchased gov't weed, is it illegal for a person to plant it? If someone breaks into a gov't grow op and pollinates all of the females with pollen of unknown origin, are those seeds legal? Right now there's so much gray area that it's essentially impossible to distinguish between what's legal and not. Until the government starts doing genetic testing of everyone's plants to determine their origin, or at least lays out more clear guidelines, I'm not gonna stress over giving away some beans.

The best bet for maximum medical availability, real genetic diversity, and low dispensary prices is for everyone to grow. The most foolproof way of doing that is gifting a variety of seeds widely and flooding the market from below.

I'm sure the gov't wants people growing the seeds that they sell, but at the end of the day there have been thousands of people growing cannabis across the country for decades with their own, far better acclimated seeds.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Where did you read that? Not saying you're wrong, but my reading of the law is a bit different.

In the act, it says that it's legal to "grow from licensed seed or seedlings," that seeds can only be purchased from government sources, and that they can't be imported or exported. But finding anything with a real definition of what "licensed" means is essentially impossible right now. Haven't seen anything outlawing gifting or germinating seeds of preexisting genetics, or gifting pollen, etc.

If a person S1's a "licensed" clone, are the seeds legal? If there's a seed in legally purchased gov't weed, is it illegal for a person to plant it? If someone breaks into a gov't grow op and pollinates all of the females with pollen of unknown origin, are those seeds legal? Right now there's so much gray area that it's essentially impossible to distinguish between what's legal and not. Until the government starts doing genetic testing of everyone's plants to determine their origin, or at least lays out more clear guidelines, I'm not gonna stress over giving away some beans.

The best bet for maximum medical availability, real genetic diversity, and low dispensary prices is for everyone to grow. The most foolproof way of doing that is gifting a variety of seeds widely and flooding the market from below.

I'm sure the gov't wants people growing the seeds that they sell, but at the end of the day there have been thousands of people growing cannabis across the country for decades with their own, far better acclimated seeds.

I've talked to a lot of cops over the last few years about this and I'm confident that they dont give a shit about people growing a small room of pot. Regardless where the seeds came from. And theyll never enforce these grey areas of the law unless its somehow forced on them which I don't see happening. The law is too loose to interpret at that level.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I also just want to publicly state for legal clarity, that all of the plants I currently grow or have grown are all renamed phenotypes of argyle and bakerstreet purchased legally from tweed, and I've got the empty packages with tax stamps to prove it lol. 😉 😁 🤪

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I've talked to a lot of cops over the last few years about this and I'm confident that they dont give a shit about people growing a small room of pot. Regardless where the seeds came from. And theyll never enforce these grey areas of the law unless its somehow forced on them which I don't see happening. The law is too loose to interpret at that level.
I know a few and they've got their hands full with aholes out there and we're not even on their radar. If we get popped with a DUI then it's our fault, otherwise do you really think the "man" is after you? Always be safe, don't push the envelope, treat all well, don't be stupid. Honestly, that's really all one can do.

I try not to advertise, don't have too many out in the sun past the 6 legal limit. I could designate my wife as caregiver and legally have 18. Does anybody really have this much time on their hands to check? No. Unless I'm a dick no one will bother with me, si?

So be cool, treat others well, enjoy life.

Look, unles you're an ahole and attracting attention to yourself you should be fine.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They tried it here in michigan and i believe the canadian government has the same plan. Its called “seed to sale software” and it can track the whole process from grower to distributer to store to customer.

So they can tax every transaction.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

They tried it here in michigan and i believe the canadian government has the same plan. Its called “seed to sale software” and it can track the whole process from grower to distributer to store to customer.

Yeah, that's been what I've read as well. Hopefully there will be enough open-source community genetics around to keep all that bullshit at bay.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, that's been what I've read as well. Hopefully there will be enough open-source community genetics around to keep all that bullshit at bay.
It will boil down to enforcement. Cops have far more important things going on is the bottom line. Dont get caught driving and toking or smokin up in public and give them a reason to mess with you. They have no good reason to go out of their way to bust small time weed growers. Even if they stumble across it, here at least, 9.9 times out of 10 they ignore it and act as though they didnt see it. And I say that from a fair bit of experience lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It will boil down to enforcement. Cops have far more important things going on is the bottom line. Dont get caught driving and toking or smokin up in public and give them a reason to mess with you. They have no good reason to go out of their way to bust small time weed growers. Even if they stumble across it, here at least, 9.9 times out of 10 they ignore it and act as though they didnt see it. And I say that from a fair bit of experience lol.

The cops here can go either way. And it can depend on what town or county you are in. Michigan has as much conservative presense as liberal.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

We have seed to sale here in mo but its grey area for those of us with home cultivation permits & no where set up to buy stuff yet, so currently don't ask don't tell type policy in place

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I haven't seen anyone yet busted for growing 4-5-6 plants and I don't believe the gov wants to test their laws yet. As I read the law it said the only legal weed comes from legal sources and the only legal source is the gov and that includes the seeds the pot is grown from.

I'm no lawyer (spit) and I doubt the police would test to see if it was grown from Tweed seeds or not The gov sells maybe 100 strains so it would be tough for a cop on the street to determine its source.

I don't believe this gov has any intention to enforce the letter of the law, its overkill but they want complete control and all the profit + the tax off it. Who knows how the next gov will react to how the laws are written. The Conservative opposition gov here is a religious based group who oppose the evil recreational drugs and can be zealots in their goal to stamp out all the evil in our society. Draconian laws are just one government away from being enacted ( I read 1984 )

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oh I agree 100% but who knows how the Cons will react if they get elected again.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They can't stop the seed trade anymore than they could stop pot from being used. Like you said if you're being an ass and have the cops at your door because of it.....well you're asking for it. What they do though is stack charges, they'll just add the illegal seeds/plants to the list of charges they hit you with. Then when court time comes they drop one or two and focus on the more serious.

I won't ever let a cop in my home, outside only. Once in you're fked, I envision being charged with things like illegal paint color on the walls, carpet that doesn't meet the legal height requirement, illegally imported art made of banned woods, there are so many laws on the books I think walking backwards could be construed as dangerous and worthy of a charge. ignorance of the laws is no excuse. ahhhhhhh!😀😀😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
" Dont get caught driving and toking or smokin up in public and give them a reason to mess with you. They have no good reason to go out of their way to bust small time weed growers."

Tha'ts the main key to this whole thing, Don't draw attention to yourself

Enforcement though depends on the cop and we are in a predatory system with us as the prey. A cop doesn't move up the rank without busts and the more the merrier for the young and eager.

Highway cops want to stack charges and extort as much cash from you as possible, that's there job. Calling it highway safety is just lip service & a way to make revenue. ( sorry a bit jaded in my views) .

If they come a hunting its best just to shut up and say talk to my lawyer outside.

I'm a paranoid fk when it comes to cops,I've had very few good interactions. The few cops I've met on a personal level have always had this superiority complex. Usually towering over my 5.6 frame acting all tough like. Most taller humans I know don't come off with an attitude like that. ooops rambling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom