Mineral nutrients: is it necesary to mantain an active microbiology?

• Thread starter veloci
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

veloci

Hey there. I've just started a new grow and am using a mineral nutrient line this time (Advanced Nutrients tri grow combo).

Because the nutrients I'm giving my plants are already available for the plant to absorb, I've been thinking if it's still necesary to use microbiology suplements and/or mantain an active microbiology in my soil, as no nutrients need to be degraded for plant uptake anymore (as oposed to using organic fertilizers).

I'm talking about mycorhize, good bacteria and fungus. Are they still beneficial to the plant when using mineral nutrients?

Maybe the nutrients present in my substrate are still worth being processed by these despiste the fact I'm feeding mineral nutrients?
If I were to use molasses some time during the grow, would it be smart to have active microbiology then?

Interested in reading what you think about this.

Edit: nutrients name is linked to an Amazon listing automatically somehow, this is no advertisement.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Because the nutrients I'm giving my plants are already available for the plant to absorb, I've been thinking if it's still necesary to use microbiology suplements and/or mantain an active microbiology in my soil, as no nutrients need to be degraded for plant uptake anymore (as oposed to using organic fertilizers).
Like you mentioned, they are in a form that is available for uptake. Microbes are chemical decomposers so you dont need them. Through the process of osmosis microbes literally get sucked dry due to the salt content of such a feeding schedule so i cannot see any benefit to feeding sugars. Others might disagree

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

idk but this shit is super popular with hydro growers 🤷‍♂️

Lockebox

Lockebox

I believe microbes are beneficial in all growing systems!
True in a synthetic system the nutrients are already plant available and don't need to broken down further, but that's not all microbes do!
Having a healthy and diverse microbiology will outcompete pathogenic and other bacterial/ fungal guests you don't want.
Not to mention the benefits microbes have when it comes to everyday stress such as temp or watering habits.
I don't know much but I do believe the plant will adapt to and work with microbiology regardless of the system.

I believe it was Guru from the DGC who said something about the cation exchange between synthetic nutrients and microbiology. If I understand correctly, the microbes will attach to and hold on to synthetic nutrients instead of them being leached from the medium like a traditional example.

If you have microbes, do it.
If you don't have microbes, screw it 🤣

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

idk but this shit is super popular with hydro growers 🤷‍♂️
it is the buildup of salts that kill off the bacteria by osmosis as i understand, if your hydro system has salt build up they will die and you will need to get cleaning..

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

it is the buildup of salts that kill off the bacteria by osmosis as i understand, if your hydro system has salt build up they will die and you will need to get cleaning..

this product is designed and sold for hydro systems, not sure why you are so argumentative

V

veloci

How do you prevent salt buildup in a soil grow? Should I just use water every now and then to wash out some of them?

steamroller

steamroller

Moe is doing research on bacteria for us all.
^^Link^^ gets you on THIS topic.

steamroller

steamroller

Thanks. I suppose it won't do any harm to try some fungus and bacteria suplements. Any general recommendations?
Moes initial results show more 'activity' in the Orca culture.
I would try Orca if available to you.

Top Bottom