Mini micro grow flower light question

• Thread starter Cattapilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Found that they respond well at 12-12. I’ve had no differences running 16-8 Vs 12-12. Plus I run so much photo period along it, I don’t have to mess around changing things up. We run thousands so one change is a huge deal for us. Lol! And agree if she is an auto, don’t up pot. Ride her out. I’m curious though, contact yr seed company, did they mess up?
Not repotting! The order was probably my mistake, I was hunting for Tangerine Dream, (which was the first strain I ever heard about at the time) and my first order online and it was spooky as heck to me. I'm a woman up in Northern California that doesn't know a soul near me that will fess to smoking or growing, so I've been winging it by reading up on what I can. These new strains are going to be so much fun to grow!

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Timer is definitely 18/6. Lights out at 11pm and back on in the middle of the night. I'll pick up some flower nutes and cal/mag tomorrow and repot. I"ll leave the time at 18/6 for this round. Thanks much for noticing the plant was an autoflower, Smoking Gun. I didn't know I had an autoflower. Feeling dumb, but getting better every day from the kindness from the people in this forum. I appreciate all the suggestions.

No cannabis grower here is dumb. This isnt an easy thing to do. were here to learn off each other. Thats the great thing about cannabis. It brings many together in so many different ways.

Dont repot as everyone else has stated. keep er going, keep the watering good. you want as less stress as possible.

Not repotting! The order was probably my mistake, I was hunting for Tangerine Dream, (which was the first strain I ever heard about at the time) and my first order online and it was spooky as heck to me. I'm a woman up in Northern California that doesn't know a soul near me that will fess to smoking or growing, so I've been winging it by reading up on what I can. These new strains are going to be so much fun to grow!

Winging it, what we all do and hope for the best. Atleast, my thought. Strain hunting is fun, when they grow and you see the different kinds and how they're all different.
I ordered from seedsman, i apparently got 3 blue cheese seeds, but 1 looks different from the other two, so companys can for sure mess up!!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Found that they respond well at 12-12. I’ve had no differences running 16-8 Vs 12-12. Plus I run so much photo period along it, I don’t have to mess around changing things up. We run thousands so one change is a huge deal for us. Lol! And agree if she is an auto, don’t up pot. Ride her out. I’m curious though, contact yr seed company, did they mess up?
Thanx I just put mine in timer ! WS running 24/7 but gonna see if a little rest helps em out

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

The plant has taken a turn for the worse. Ph 5.8. Watered with 1/2 strength cal-mag plus and backed off of nutrients. It continues to grow and flower. A hydroponics owner suggested I check for mites next. Suggestions?

11 08 19 2
11 08 19 3
11 08 19 4
Moshmen

Moshmen

Does look like some sort of pest? Hard to say but if they weee mine I would flush them like 100% run off or more I go by the color of exiting water I also believe ppm would be a better indicator of what’s going on ? Before I added anything . Do you have a meter ? There cheap on amazon
May be a master grower will chime in

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

My opinion is that you are dealing with a magnesium deficiency. Try a magnesium product, Botanicare Sweet, Mag Amped from CES, Flawless Finish from Advanced. And don’t be afraid to apply it, magnesium toxicity is not too likely to occur and you are already deficient.

That peeling at the bottom of the plant is normal.

I would also try keeping the pH a bit higher. I know it goes against the general knowledge that coco needs a 5.8 pH but I personally think a bit higher like 6.0-6.2 may do a bit better. The coco does hold onto nutrients kinda like soil, so that should be taken into account here.

And if I may, did you mix the perlite into your coco, or did you purchase it like that?

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Hello again. Smoking Gun, I'm using Roots Organics soil, the small bag I used for the Auto Tangerine had a lot more perlite in it than the big bag I filled the 3 gal pots the Blueberry Kush and Mango Kush are growing in. The Auto continues to bud, and as bottom fan leaves wither, i'm removing them. PH is 6.2ish, all plants receiving cal-mag and Great White. Auto receiving occasional Botanicare pure blend pro. I haven't given the kush any nutrients as they have just finished week one in their new pots today.

11 17 19 2
11 17 19 10
Moshmen

Moshmen

Hard to tell but looks like she is over fed. Prolly locked out causing the magnesium def. mentioned. Flush it good ! Checkk the runoff ph and ppm . Then I would water with a little Epsom salts and mayb some calcium . The leaves won’t recover but new growth should be fine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What are you feeding it?

I have never done coco but organic is probably not a good option for it of that's what you are doing.

It's doesn't look like bugs to me but definitely does have some deficiencies.

What is the source water? Eg. Tap, RO, well water.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Source is tap water after a few hours of rest. PH 6.2 most of the time. I flushed her well, will add cal/mag next water. She's stuck in a small gallon container. My water is always on the low end of the spectrum, between 5.5 and 6.4. I rarely feed her, and use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Source is tap water after a few hours of rest. PH 6.2 most of the time. I flushed her well, will add cal/mag next water. She's stuck in a small gallon container. My water is always on the low end of the spectrum, between 5.5 and 6.4. I rarely feed her, and use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro.
I think you are seeing deficiencies because its being under fed. Not being a coco grower I would feed at 600ppm 2 times a day until 10-20% run off. Just my opinion

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So I didn't realize you are in Roots Organic soil, it is not coco even though the main component of their soil is coco. Your watering should be a lot closer to 6.5pH, this may help you pull your plants back to where they are happy.

How many mL per gallon are you using of the CalMag?

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Hi guys! Day 57 for this Auto Tangerine Dream. Just got a second hand macro lens for my phone so tried to get a close up of my scraggler. Prepare for many closeups! This plant has struggled from the beginning for me and is in a 1 gallon pot we decided to leave her in just to see if I could grow her out. my first grow, and I learned so much since I started with her.

11 22 Tangerine Dream
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I harvested my first plant earlier! I might have enough to make a little cannabutter. This was so fun and tragic all at the same time. She looks like leftovers. Tangerine Dream is hanging up in my bathroom downstairs where it is cool, dark and vented. House will be smelly before it's over, but I'm getting ready add a HLG 100 3k light to the grow tent and go 12/12 as soon as it gets here. The kush are in the middle of week 4 veg.

12 5 harvest
Hanging
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Hi guys! Trimmed and jarred the Tangerine Dream today. I’m so happy I could get this plant from the start to some sort of a harvest. The jar is 5 inches tall, which might place me in the cannabis world's smallest grow. It’s a true mini harvest! My original thoughts were to make cannabutter with my first plant, however, I’ll take it down with me next week for Christmas, and my friends can sample my wee bit of celebration bud! (pardon the burping) Thanks for steering me through this.

20191217 114224
20191217 115602
Moshmen

Moshmen

Hi guys! Trimmed and jarred the Tangerine Dream today. I’m so happy I could get this plant from the start to some sort of a harvest. The jar is 5 inches tall, which might place me in the cannabis world's smallest grow. It’s a true mini harvest! My original thoughts were to make cannabutter with my first plant, however, I’ll take it down with me next week for Christmas, and my friends can sample my wee bit of celebration bud! (pardon the burping) Thanks for steering me through this.
It gets better every time! Congrats

Top Bottom