MIni spit! vs window box AC.. when you have many window box ac's..

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

what should i do i have 4 400w lamps and i was thinking of using airconditioning when ive had ok yields from what lighting i have. so i already have 3 window air conditioners and windows to put them in though i was thinking of cutting holes in the wall and putting the air conditioners that go in a window in the wall as a perm AC for that room or it think i need only 1 its a 10k btu AC for widnows and walls it says .

the question is will the window AC pump out DANK SMELL ??? ive never used one before

do i need to buy a mini split to actually have a sealed room. so if i took out all the intake and out take vents besides the light vents would i have a sealed room WITH A WINDOW AC IN THE WALL OR DO I HAVE TO BUY A MINI SPLIT AC TO GET THAT SEALED ROOM WITH OUT LETTING THE SMELL OUT BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE MY BOX ACs PUMP LOTS OF AIR AT ME LIKE THEY ARE PUMPING THE AIR OUT OF MY ROOM STILL HAVENT HAD THE TIME TO TRY AND CHECK IF SMOKE OR ANYTHNG GOES THOUGH THE AC AND GOES OUTSIDE I WAS THINKIN OF USING MY CARBON FILTERS TO SCRUB THE AIR BUT WILL THE WINDOW AC JUST BE PUMPING OUT DANK SMELL

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

JONE

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

the mini will be much easier to seal and restrict the smelly. for window units might need a backup odor plan, but shouldn't be too difficult if installed correctly.

Ever after

Ever after

So like how do window AC's work do they pump indoor air out side or do they just run air from outside and pump it out the back of the AC while reusing the air indoors???????????????????????????????? so does a window ac just condense the indoor air and keep the indoor air from going outside? i got plenty of carbon filters

guyonthecouch

guyonthecouch

Window AC does not pump room air outside. The part that hangs outside the room blows outside air over the condenser coil to expel heat while the part inside the room blows room air over the cold evaporator coil. Completely seperated except in the case of larger ones that have a "fresh air" feature. For those, just leave the fresh air port closed at all times.

B

bobbybrown

Window AC does not pump room air outside. The part that hangs outside the room blows outside air over the condenser coil to expel heat while the part inside the room blows room air over the cold evaporator coil. Completely seperated except in the case of larger ones that have a "fresh air" feature. For those, just leave the fresh air port closed at all times.

It sounds like you have some experience with these window AC units. I have one with a fresh air feature, and it's closed, but CO2 seems to leak out. In your opinion, do you think there is less chance of CO2 leakage if I get units that do not have the fresh air feature?

Top Bottom