Mini Split Help.

• Thread starter stackinthedeck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stackinthedeck

So I have a 2.5 ton Samsung mini split, It ran flawlessly for 3 years. I pulled it out and installed it in a new home.

All was running well for 2 months and then one early morning I wake up to a loud buzzing noise. I pull the dis-connect fuse, shut down my room and get to it first thing sun up.

Turns out the contactor would not fully close due to a bug getting in between it and getting smashed. I know this of course because i took the contactor apart cleaned it with no solvents.

I put it in and accidently got two wires wired in the wrong spot. When I turned it on it blue the little 3 amp fuse inside the "air handler" inside unit. I read the wireing diagram again got the wires correct, replaced the fuse. And now, it starts fine when the compressor kicks in and the contactor is engergized. The compressor fan wont spin so the saftey over heat connect turns the unit off, then try's again when temp is in range and repeats the cycle.

I have checked my capacitor with my digi voltage tester and all seems to be good.

I am hoping that even though the fuse on the internal unit popped. That I didnt do some kind of damage to the main board.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I really really really dont want to bring in a Pro HVAC guy for security reasons.

I can provide any pictures needed.
Samsung model # AQ30C2BC

User guide: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/samsung/air_conditioner__split_type/aq30c2bc

Thanks,

Stac

C

Chillville

Premium Member
Supporter
hmmm, well there could be a couple of things. When you say you had wires crossed, what wires were crossed? Blazer or CJohn might have some good insight too. Its possible that the fan is now shorted out.

For the short term put a fan in front and blow though the condeser and it will work, maybe not at peak perfomance but you can get by. I've done this before myself on larger units when I've had fans go out. If you have an 8 or 10" fan that would be best.

S

stackinthedeck

hmmm, well there could be a couple of things. When you say you had wires crossed, what wires were crossed? Blazer or CJohn might have some good insight too. Its possible that the fan is now shorted out.

For the short term put a fan in front and blow though the condeser and it will work, maybe not at peak perfomance but you can get by. I've done this before myself on larger units when I've had fans go out. If you have an 8 or 10" fan that would be best.

I will check the wires in the morning.

I will get put on fan out there tonight. Your suggesting an inline fan? Can Put a box fan on it? An inline fan might look odd if my neighbors look over the fence.

C

Chillville

Premium Member
Supporter
I will check the wires in the morning.

I will get put on fan out there tonight. Your suggesting an inline fan? Can Put a box fan on it? An inline fan might look odd if my neighbors look over the fence.

Box fan will help a little but it doesn't have the static pressure to push through the coils. An inline would be much better for that.

blazer

blazer

Depending on brand usually 2 wires are highvoltage(120-240v) other two are usually low voltage used for communications (24vac-24vdc) so It may have done some damage to board but usually the fuse will prevent that I have seen some fuses that are soldered to board which is crazy,pain in the ass to replace if you can shoot a schematic may be able to help you troubleshoot.some boards have LED lights give error codes may help. peace
Blazer

Latest posts

Top Bottom