Mini Split Settigns And Dehumidifier Location ????

• Thread starter pookie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pookie

What is the best way to use a mini split in the grow room.

right now my a/c setting is at 64 but room room by the end of the 12 hour cycle will reach 86 but now my night time temp will go down to 60. i think i am just missing something one the concept on what setting to leave my mini split on or should i put on some sort of timer...also the mini split has an auto setting which stays at 70*???i dont understand that either.....should the mini split just be on a timer..but also the mini split has heat i am just so confused sorry if the statement doesnt make complete sense.....(brand thermoCore) also i have 180 pint dehumidufy in a 20 x 13 with 12 foot ceelings but my humidity is reaching 71% but it is placed on the right side of the room with moving it to the middle change that i have very good air circulation tho so i figured it wouldnt be an issue....i am running a 24 plant uc system the chiller is outside the room but the res is in the room

P

pookie

yes it has an auto setting but i dont really understand how auto works

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Usually if your in auto mode you can set the temp and it will automatically heat or cool as needed to keep the set temp.All machines are a little different though and im not familiar with thermocore,johnny will know in the other thread.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

You are waaay waaay waaay undersized if the AC can prevent 86 degree temps.

In moderate climate ypu need 4k Btu of cooling per 1,000 watt bulb. 3500 if you are running air cooled

Myco

Myco

What's the BTU rating of your mini-split? How many kw's are you running? Are your lights air-cooled?

If you're setting the cooling to 64 (which is extremely low) and it's not maintaining, especially into the 80's... it doesn't have anything to do with settings - either your mini-split is not functioning properly or very undersized.

In that big of a room, I'm guessing the unit is undersized.

The "way" that you use a mini-split in a grow room is, you size everything properly, then set your cooling setpoint (or auto, if you also require heating during lights off) to your desired temperature, aka the temperature you want your room to be, and the unit maintain the desired temperature as needed.

Need more info...

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

How many lights? Assuming if you're running any uc24 you're talking 8 plus lights probably more like 10 or 12 plus.

If this is the case I can tell you more than likely you undersized that your AC and that poor thing is getting beaten to death. Same with the dehu. Those China crap 180s are really more like 90s at best.

Size your AC at 4500 btu per light non a/c and 4000 for A/c lights. Remember ambient temps and other heat generating accessories.

Nothing worse than fighting an uphill battle. You'll definitely lose with summer coming. Sack up and buy another ac, it'll pay for itself first run.

R

rascali

most split ac systems don't come equipped to let you set a proper daily temperature regime. it's best to get the optional external programable thermostat that most manufacturers sell as an option so that you can set discrete day and night schedules.

Top Bottom