Mini Splits - Oversizing outdoor unit - How to calcuate size needed.

• Thread starter Sunshinegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sunshinegrower

So I'm very close to buying my Mini Split and I want to get a dual zone setup, but probably won't have the cash to buy both indoor units. Is there any reason why I can not oversize my outdoor unit to handle both and install the other indoor unit later?

Also I would like to see what others have used for their Mini Split systems? Basically I will be limited to what our wholesale HVAC shop sells so this way I will have no problems with warranty.

I'm having a little bit of a hard time doing the Btu load calculation on what size I'll need. I have a 10'x14'x8' room w/ 6 - 1k lights w/ NO hoods and ballast are located outside the room, and also a CAP Co2 Generator. I have heard that 1k lights = 4k btus. Not sure what to use for the Co2 Gen and the rest of the fans and smaller stuff. Any help for Mini Split would be great as I need to get this ASAP!

Also have been using another forum site for a few months and got turned on to this site and I would have to say this site have more advance farmers. I was great tried of reading about people growing in their Mom's closet.

Top Bottom