Mini Splits

• Thread starter Josey Wales
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devious d

devious d

hey i know were talking air con but climate control all you have in your gallery is adverts of your wares:mad0229:, weres your grow pics bro, show us pics of these being used in grows people are more likely to believe your not just giving us salesman patter.i know thats your job but unbiased info is whats needed on hear, as generally people dont know the ins and outs of air con(or i dont)!!:pimp:

C

ClimateControl

they all come from the same production facility in China...if they don't....

they all come from the same production facility in China...lol....you know, the whole "loss of US jobs" thing...

are ANY A/Cs made in America anymore?

very true, and No there are none made here in the USA anymore- Some people think that Apple iPhone is made in the USA too, but they are not( They are made in Shenzhen China)- are they shitty??-lol

C

ClimateControl

hey i know were talking air con but climate control all you have in your gallery is adverts of your wares:mad0229:, weres your grow pics bro, show us pics of these being used in grows people are more likely to believe your not just giving us salesman patter.i know thats your job but unbiased info is whats needed on hear, as generally people dont know the ins and outs of air con(or i dont)!!:pimp:

Well, mainly because we are not in a state that allows that-YET. ( Im In FL) but we will be implementing our mini Splits in a Grow room soon, and we will be using Silent Diesel Generators, and solar panels- once we implement it, we will be offering packages Which will include the mini split, a generator, and solar panel kit. That way you can keep it off the grid -

F

FARM THIS

i use a mini in all my rooms but im dealing with the heat not the cold

E

evlme2

Here's a few examples of how reliable Shinco's are...
(Copy/pasted from hvac boards. Google "Shinco" and you'll find it)
I recently purchased two different Shinco inverter type mini-split air conditioners and have had problems with both of them, each giving an “E4” error code after operating okay for a few days. I cannot determine what the “E4” code means, and the importers GT World cannot, or will not, supply the information. Needless to say I am very frustrated.

First unit purchased was their 2-ton inverter type unit. Great price delivered to my door in Southern California ($1,067). Had a professional install it, vacuumed the lines, etc. and the unit ran great for two-three days. Then one afternoon I looked up and “E4” appeared on the display. The outdoor unit was not operating. Hmmm, so the barely adequate “manual” advises to turn the power off for three minutes, and then turn it back on. This doesn’t work. I reset the remote control unit and still nothing. My technician looks it over, checks the pressures and everything looks fine.

I contacted GT World and they send me two new printed circuit boards for the outdoor unit. I paid $130 for overnight shipping because I wanted to fix it as soon as possible. Installed the boards which went well but they did not correct the fault. I still had the “E4” showing on the display. So I called GT World and arranged to return the unit and get another one, only they were out of 2 ton units and I would have to get a 1 ½ ton instead.

Luckily the west coast distributor is located only 10 minutes from my work location, so returning it was easy (but I had to pay for my technician to de-install the unit). I picked up the 1 ½ ton unit and my guys installed it. It worked just fine.

For two days. Then imagine my surprise and frustration when it also displayed the mysterious “E4” fault code!

So the owner of the installation company came out and went through the unit very carefully. He checked the pressures (high and low were okay), the supply voltage (it was fine), the wiring (all connections tight and wired properly) and everything else he could think of. Without the fault codes he was also frustrated at being unable to accurately and specifically identify the problem.

So we’ve settled on the possibility that my drain system might be filling up in the indoor unit and causing the unit to turn itself off. When the unit sits for a while and the water evaporates it will run again until the tray fills, the float switch activates and the outdoor unit is deactivated. It sounded plausible, and I will pursue that avenue of inquiry next. I suppose I will need to disassemble the indoor unit and check for this possibility.

But it would be so much easier if I only had the Shinco Fault Codes. I would then know what the heck “E4” meant and might be in a position to do something about it. As it stands now I feel like a one-legged blind man engaged in an ass-kicking contest.

Anyone have the Shinco fault codes? Or has anyone else had a similar problem with a Shinco mini-split? Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Don
aka “Orangeroost” because I like to “roost” (throw dirt) on orange KTM dirtbikes.

C

ClimateControl

I recently purchased two different Shinco inverter type mini-split air conditioners and have had problems with both of them, each giving an “E4” error code after operating okay for a few days. I cannot determine what the “E4” code means, and the importers GT World cannot, or will not, supply the information. Needless to say I am very frustrated.

First unit purchased was their 2-ton inverter type unit. Great price delivered to my door in Southern California ($1,067). Had a professional install it, vacuumed the lines, etc. and the unit ran great for two-three days. Then one afternoon I looked up and “E4” appeared on the display. The outdoor unit was not operating. Hmmm, so the barely adequate “manual” advises to turn the power off for three minutes, and then turn it back on. This doesn’t work. I reset the remote control unit and still nothing. My technician looks it over, checks the pressures and everything looks fine.

I contacted GT World and they send me two new printed circuit boards for the outdoor unit. I paid $130 for overnight shipping because I wanted to fix it as soon as possible. Installed the boards which went well but they did not correct the fault. I still had the “E4” showing on the display. So I called GT World and arranged to return the unit and get another one, only they were out of 2 ton units and I would have to get a 1 ½ ton instead.

Luckily the west coast distributor is located only 10 minutes from my work location, so returning it was easy (but I had to pay for my technician to de-install the unit). I picked up the 1 ½ ton unit and my guys installed it. It worked just fine.

For two days. Then imagine my surprise and frustration when it also displayed the mysterious “E4” fault code!

So the owner of the installation company came out and went through the unit very carefully. He checked the pressures (high and low were okay), the supply voltage (it was fine), the wiring (all connections tight and wired properly) and everything else he could think of. Without the fault codes he was also frustrated at being unable to accurately and specifically identify the problem.

So we’ve settled on the possibility that my drain system might be filling up in the indoor unit and causing the unit to turn itself off. When the unit sits for a while and the water evaporates it will run again until the tray fills, the float switch activates and the outdoor unit is deactivated. It sounded plausible, and I will pursue that avenue of inquiry next. I suppose I will need to disassemble the indoor unit and check for this possibility.

But it would be so much easier if I only had the Shinco Fault Codes. I would then know what the heck “E4” meant and might be in a position to do something about it. As it stands now I feel like a one-legged blind man engaged in an ass-kicking contest.

Anyone have the Shinco fault codes? Or has anyone else had a similar problem with a Shinco mini-split? Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Don
aka “Orangeroost” because I like to “roost” (throw dirt) on orange KTM dirtbikes.

And Did you actually read all of the thread? Come to find out, he wired it up wrong- LOL, It helps if you actually read the thread till the end.

Nice you found 1- thread of someone bitching about how they wired it up wrong- Good Job!

I wonder if I can find someone bitching about a Mitsu?? Hummmmmm- I wonder

One Of Many: Mitsubishi Mini Split Problems

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I ahve a LG 18,000btu<<>>I did a lot of checking around before I made my purchase:)
I like the LG because it operates all the way down to 0 degrees ambient temperature<<
Snow's like a mo fo here in winter. It would really blow if it was so cold outside that your AC wont kick on<<>>LG's keep this from happening. Gonna get a 36,000 dual zone mcguillicutty and re do it mo better
:passingjoint:

gtd

C

ClimateControl

I ahve a LG 18,000btu<<>>I did a lot of checking around before I made my purchase:)
I like the LG because it operates all the way down to 0 degrees ambient temperature<<
Snow's like a mo fo here in winter. It would really blow if it was so cold outside that your AC wont kick on<<>>LG's keep this from happening. Gonna get a 36,000 dual zone mcguillicutty and re do it mo better

gtd

Nice, Ill have Friedrich soon- They hit those low temps too
As Much as they charge for one of those LG's, they better hit low temps- LOL

I bet youve got an awsome set up, sounds good to hear Mini Splits are the best way to go!

stickyicky

stickyicky

Don

I have a 24K Shinco and the thing runs like a dream.

CC does appear to have the best prices I have seen anywhere. I just got mine 2mos. ago and thought I got a good deal at 1299 delivered. Too bad I did'nt have CC hookin me up.

As for CC on this site... Who gives a fuck? if he's not spammin' us, so what? Rock on w/ your bad self CC.

E

evlme2

I owe a huge apology to Climate Control for attacking him on the Shinco's.
Shinco's are not the only brands he carries and he offers great support.
I've dealt with other mini split distributors that will leave you hanging once your money is in their hands.
Climate control, my apologies bro.

C

ClimateControl

I owe a huge apology to Climate Control for attacking him on the Shinco's.
Shinco's are not the only brands he carries and he offers great support.
I've dealt with other mini split distributors that will leave you hanging once your money is in their hands.
Climate control, my apologies bro.

No problem, Apology graciously accepted- :passingjoint:
No hard feelings

Top Bottom