Minnimum Dimensions Aimed At 1lb A Month For A Mediocre Grower?

• Thread starter MisterAce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MisterAce

Before I start, I did try my best to search, and I apologies if you have already answered this question so many times. This seems like the best place to ask and I couldnt find an answer anywhere else..

I'm new to growing, and looking to spend equal or less than $2100 on a grow box with equipment. I know better than to buy into some of the crazy marketing done by some so dont expect me to go buy a two grand superbox.

I'm hoping to aim somewhere near half a pound a month, the issue is space. I have no clue if that's either achievable or a moonshot, and could really use some help and advice!

Any tips about grow boxes or if I should avoid them, tricks and what not, are greatly appreciated.

Here are the dimensions of the space I plan on growing. (P.S its a big ol closet)
Six feet wide
Three feet deep
Six feet tall at the lip(IF I use a grow box, as there is a 'doorway' it will have to fit through)
Nine feet tall inside the closet

Whats the minimum space I need to easily have 1 lb a month? or 3 lbat harvest and use over those months?
How does the odor fair with the small tents? are they stealthy/secure and safe?
If you believe its do able with a metal locker/storage thing please let me know why and how!

I'm almost certain this is in the wrong place, again, sorry for the clumsiness. (I tried)

chemistry

chemistry

I don't think you can do it with such a small space, far to small to run a 1000 watt light, so your not going to do it, lower your expectations and settle for one plant a month and 2 to 6 ounces per plant. What I did when I had a small space was to put a plant into flower each month and harvest one a month (I ran 3 plants for 4oz each), that way I had a smoke coming out every month. Bare in mind that it takes 8 to 12 weeks to flower out a plant, so even if you get a 1lb a month from 3 plants, your only going to be able to do it once every 2 month, IF the plants flower out in 8 weeks.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I don't think you can do it with such a small space, far to small to run a 1000 watt light, so your not going to do it, lower your expectations and settle for one plant a month and 2 to 6 ounces per plant. What I did when I had a small space was to put a plant into flower each month and harvest one a month (I ran 3 plants for 4oz each), that way I had a smoke coming out every month. Bare in mind that it takes 8 to 12 weeks to flower out a plant, so even if you get a 1lb a month from 3 plants, your only going to be able to do it once every 2 month, IF the plants flower out in 8 weeks.
2 x 600s will do a rectangle better...... the veg time is rough on only 3 plants tho

chemistry

chemistry

2 x 600s will do a rectangle better...... the veg time is rough on only 3 plants tho

It was the heat that beat me growing in that size space with the 1000 watt, you nearly have to suck the space inside out to get the temps down.

Leew421

Leew421

If you get a portable ac and remove the baffling you can secure a duct onto it and use that to inject cool air. Have the air come in high so it falls down. You could always switch to high quality led

chemistry

chemistry

If you get a portable ac and remove the baffling you can secure a duct onto it and use that to inject cool air. Have the air come in high so it falls down. You could always switch to high quality led

Retired now dude, but solved problem with a 400 watt and pulled all the heat though a sealed hood to a 6 inch outlet to an exhaust fan in the end, less electric than the 1000 too.

M

MisterAce

I run a 4x4 table and get 2-3 bows depending on style run. It can more than be done. I harvest once every month

Wow! Do you have any layout suggestions on tips on what I need to set something up like this? Or, is there a 'From Newbie to Extreme Grower in a closet guide' guide?

I greatly appreciate the comments, and as much as Id like a cabinet setup, looks like that wont be achievable. The largest cabinets I could find won't seem to be enough space to sufficiently grow.

Thanks guys! :)

Leew421

Leew421

I use a 5x9 for flower and a 5x9 for veg. I have 2 4x4 tables in each. I can cycle my 4x4s and harvest once a month.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Do you have a plan for ridding the closet of heat build up, moisture and smell?

Top Bottom