Minor problems in closet grow.

• Thread starter nuker1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nuker1

Hi! My associates and me have a small indoor closet grow going on right now. There is one White widow(Nirvana) one White castle(Nirvana) one Cough(bagseed) one Haze(bagseed) both the Cough and Haze were the real deal.The closet is about 7 feet long and 2 and a half feet wide.But anyways the plants seem to have powdery mildew not even a lot but we have already sprayed them with water and a little milk.We read on the internet that it helps their immune system and keeps the Pm at bay what else can and should we do?The other problem is we keep seeing some burn like tears on some leaves sometimes it looks like the were eaten but are no bugs at all in the closet.its never bad just slight tears on some leaves.Not sure if it burned(but i doubt it)or if there is some sort of bugs in the closet.(i also doubt that)Thank you for your time,and please reply, leave comments and suggestions.If you need more info on the grow the clarify things up a bit more feel free to ask.Thank you once again for taking the time to read the thread and leaving comments.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pix would help, and the milk thing was tested in an agricultural situation (open air), so I'm not so sure how well it would work in a small closet op. There are many products you can use for PM, Greencure gets just about everyone's vote, but I'm going to be moving to Eagle 20 because this time the Soya'nara and OxiDate aren't knocking it out completely.

The other stuff, based on a description only, too difficult to offer a guess.

M

mamaherb

pm

baking soda and water has been known to work on PM. There are plenty of good products out there, Serenade works. Not sure on the ratios for the baking soda. maybe someone else knows???

G

GirlCarny

When my caregivers grow got PM we bought a bottle of Serenade. Nine dollars for a bottle of it and it is omri certified I think he wound up using it twice to kill the pm.

N

nuker1

Thanks a lot man.Is there a specific website to find the Serenade?or at the local hydro shop?The nearest hydro shop is in Texas and i live in New Mexico.Thank you for your response and your time.

N

nuker1

Thank you I will look into that as well.Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and respond to it.

N

nuker1

Sure thing, we will upload some pictures of all of them,including the closet itself.we also found out that they are all alkaline at 7.I know that leads to problems such as nutrient deficiencies.And i know that some lime juice will bring it down.but i need ph down.This is a budget grow so we dont have a lot of money.Thank you for responding.We are mainly outdoor growers so this is new to us.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
1tsp baking soda per quart of water, but it's a pretty wimpy method of battling PM, you will be spraying every day.

Serenade should be AT ANY GARDEN SHOP, not just a Hydro Store. New Mexico is a medical state, and with all those stoned hippies in Santa Fe and Taos (two of my favorite places to visit) there must be a Hydro Store, or maybe a drive to Pueblo, CO is in order. Eagle 20 works the best, but is expensive.

A sulfur burner can be made for like 20 bucks, and you use Deer Repellent in it, Google "Ghetto Tech Sulfur Burner," and I'll bet they sell all the stuff at your local Five n Dime.... run that thing with your lights off, like 4 hrs, and don't spary any oil based stuff on your plants for a week before, or after, or you'll burn your plants.

Good luck! PM isn't the end of the world, you will get through it.

N

nuker1

I live near Las Cruces so that is too far a drive for us.thats why i said the nearest hydro to me is in Texas.But thank you for your suggestions.if the baking soda technique is weak like you say then would i be better off sticking with the milk method?Until a permanent solution is purchased.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I live near Las Cruces so that is too far a drive for us.thats why i said the nearest hydro to me is in Texas.But thank you for your suggestions.if the baking soda technique is weak like you say then would i be better off sticking with the milk method?Until a permanent solution is purchased.

I reread your post, if you have 4 plants, like my stoned ass brain is deciphering, just use the baking soda, it will be okay.... it's weird that you have PM, and are such a small grower, growing from seed... how did you get it? You live in the desert! Where did it come from? It's a problem typical of bigger grows, or people who use clones, or live in a more humid environment. Anyway, best wishes, and like I said before, it's not the borg, there are way worse things to have.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Stylet oil, IIRC, is one treatment for PM, I can't remember if neem has any effect.

Bud, just as with so many things, there are many species of PM fungi, and not all require high humidity. As I've been told by one who studied such things, there are species that require low humidity.

L

lil miss lone

When I first started growing I had a small closet. I sprayed my plants with water everyday because it got hot in there and I figured it would cool them off. I got pm on one plant and my husband (then boyfriend), Cemchris, came over, looked at them, and explained you don't need to spray them with water. He had me mix one tablespoon liquid antibacterial dish soap with one tablespoon lemon juice and spray all the plants with the solution. And I stopped spraying with water, lol. It worked! I believe that it worked because the pm was a problem on a small scale.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You sprayed all the plants with only 2 tablespoons of liquid?

:giggle

L

lil miss lone

You sprayed all the plants with only 2 tablespoons of liquid?

:giggle

Yes. I only had four plants. It may have been an ounce of dish soap and an ounce of lemon juice, but the point is to mix it in equal parts.

I

itsdadie

Eagle 20 is a great answer to PM. As far as the tear markings are you Foliar feeding w anything ?? If so it could be burning. Would like to see pics.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes. I only had four plants. It may have been an ounce of dish soap and an ounce of lemon juice, but the point is to mix it in equal parts.
I will have to remember that recipe! Does it matter if the lemon juice is fresh or not? I can't remember if you told me whether or not it matters.

Does the brand of dish soap matter, i.e. Dawn versus the stuff you get at the dollar store?

J

jack_ripa

I can not see spraying leaves completely with straight dish soap and lemon juice, that sounds like death.

I have used serenade and sulfur but nothing beats regular old milk and water. Do 2 tbsps of milk in a half qt of water with two drops of dish soap. Do it every other day for a week and make sure to get every leaf all over and the surface of the soil. A soft new paint brush helps get the leaves completely wet. Be careful not to spray the leaves with too much pressure. Keep an eye out for moisture after that and you should not have a problem.

L

lil miss lone

I will have to remember that recipe! Does it matter if the lemon juice is fresh or not? I can't remember if you told me whether or not it matters.

Does the brand of dish soap matter, i.e. Dawn versus the stuff you get at the dollar store?

I used the lemon juice that comes in a bottle in the produce section, and any old antibac dish soap will do, regaurdless of brand.

L

lil miss lone

I can not see spraying leaves completely with straight dish soap and lemon juice, that sounds like death.

It worked for me. I had a Cascadia, a Casey Jones and two Killer Queens in my little veg cab. The biggest, the Cascadia had it and one application worked. I never got it again, and I have learned so much about growing since then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom