miracle gro organic good soil? very possible

• Thread starter ogtealover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So looking back I have used some miracle grow soil here and there and I think that minus the nats that always seem to appear the soil does better in the long run than FFHF although it lacks plenty out the gate has anyone else had good results using this soil? If so what was your exp with the soil?

B

bigAl25

Fungus knats, but I have 5 of 6 healthy plants in the 4th week of flower right now. Two healthy AK48s, Two healthy bubblelicious, one healthy strawbubbakush, and one very sick strawbubbakush. In the future I will be adding sand on top to sufacate those little bastards. So far so good, but I am also using Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom and tiger bloom with molasses for my nutes.

F

foolsgold

i've used miracle gro soil for a couple bag seed grows. i never had a nat problem, but i found chunks of plastic and other small scraps of garbage in the soil. i think it's purity is pretty weak and the overall quality of the soil is very poor. i would imagine the reason for the fungus nats is that miracle gro is supposed to hold water longer making it impossible for your plants to absorb any moisture as the soil gets dryer. so the moisture just sits in the soil unused becuase the ionic bonds that allow plants to take up water aren't srtong enough to pull the moisture from the soil. so even if the soil feels moist your plant may still no be able to access that water. i've had decent results with it and if your strapt for cash or just growing for profit then it will work just fine.

F

foolsgold

as far as expecting miracle gro soil to be organic i wouldn't hold my breath on it being that organic. the methods used to process and produce that large amount of soil takes large energy consuming peices of equipment that basically negate any point of it being organic. for truely orgainic it should be created using all organic methods of production. like bio-bizz for instance.

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

I have tried their organic soils and only had burning. Burned my bud and even tomato plants hah.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
WTF? I gave them water twice in that soil from cut/seed and the yellowed up instantly. It couldn't burn a match soaked in gas if it want to.

All and All Great soil. With that being said I just use the soil for the taste and water benefit with the coco. Just seems to work for me. I ran strait Coco for a LONG time and this is better IMO. Don't have to flush nearly as much. BUT I have noticed an abundance of Fungus Gnats since using this. Easily remedied with ground up mosquito dunks mixed into the soil but a nasty side affect that's making me look for a cheap organic alternative.

All these are in MG organic and Canna Coco 50/50

Afgooey_02.jpg
WR_x_SB_A_01.jpg
WR_x_SB_B_01.jpg
WR_x_SB_B_02.jpg
Choco_Thai_02.jpg
WR_x_SB_A_02.jpg

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I suppose you can get bad soil from any company but it smells just like foxfarm soil to me folks.... The first few bags i bought of happy frog were superior to MGorganic potting mix but any more they look the same and i am sure they both have some form of construction waste filler....And I also like mixing my soil with coco and perilite.

F

foolsgold

i think bio-bizz soils are top notch organic. always have had great results and you get a bag twice the size of foxfarms for the same price. i'm sure miracle grow soils are the cheapest, and if your strapt for cash then i'm sure it does the job just fine. i just think you'll get better results from fox farm or bio-bizz.

Top Bottom