miracle grow and spider mites

• Thread starter MI_MMMP_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MI_MMMP_420

A few growers are useing miracle grow have spider mites. So is it a possibility that they are coming from the soil. I ask this because i had some bad clones given to me, 3 days later webs on clones they were spread on before brought as well. But i killed them spread down the rooms and 1get month later not probs. But its juat a theory. I know bad clones and what not but it's a theory but talking to 5 growers. I told them to switch the medium, some listened some did'nt.

M

michiganlady

I need major help. I have fungus gnats. I have read about this ins Marijuana horticulture handbook. I don't have any idea how I got them. Is it possible that they came in my soil. Moisture content is with in the normal limits. I have treated the soil. Have the glue traps hanging everywhere. They are killing my meds. HELP Sorry I forgot to mention that I have been spraying and using go gnats in the water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're using a product like GoGnats and the problem is getting worse, you may not have fungus gnats. You may very well have root aphids. One of the tells of root aphid infestation vs gnats is that the usual products (EG; Bacillus thurengiensis israelensis or kurstaki) don't work. Another tell is that the plants seem to have a whole slew of different deficiencies, and corrections make no difference or make things worse.

sky high

sky high

I personally think GoGnats is crap. Never worked at all for me. It's cedar derived, I believe, not bti. Get some mosquito dunks @ Home Depot or buy Microbe-lift bti online. (some have found it at Ace Hardware stores) The other option is to cover the soil with diotamaceous earth (however, I've seen em come out the drain holes in the bottom of the pot and just keep flyin even with DE on the soil on top...so that isn't foolproof, IMO)

bti for the KILL, IMO. best of luck

metalfire

metalfire

I have had luck with the flat two sided yellow fly traps for reducing great numbers of nats no matter what species. They work!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have had luck with the flat two sided yellow fly traps for reducing great numbers of nats no matter what species. They work!
Hopefully you are talking about fly paper and not the hanging yellow "Hot Shot" bug killer, which uses chemicals instead of getting bugs stuck in the sticky stuff. FWIW, the Hot Shot works well, but is NOT recommended for use around people that spend a lot of time around them. It isn't a pyrethrin based insecticide, it is much stronger and dangerous to people.

metalfire

metalfire

Hopefully you are talking about fly paper and not the hanging yellow "Hot Shot" bug killer, which uses chemicals instead of getting bugs stuck in the sticky stuff. FWIW, the Hot Shot works well, but is NOT recommended for use around people that spend a lot of time around them. It isn't a pyrethrin based insecticide, it is much stronger and dangerous to people.
Yes these are about half the size of a normal sheet of paper and double sided. They only use glue to subdue the flies. Amazon sells boxes of them.

Top Bottom