Miracle grow soil good?

• Thread starter moyerjoey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

still smokin

like i said to at the first when i said i thought is was ok to use when your on a budget like he is. i use fox farm stuff now but it dose work good for veg in a pinch . im a newbee but only because i quite growing 15 years ago and foregot alot.. lol im happy to be a newbee again .. feels good man

C

caliskunker

1points who attcked you ??:sign0065:

theres way better shit out there other then mg !! the market is flooded with tons of organic nutes !! with so much knowledge on the net and in books we should move foward to produce clean good smoking herb !! to make money i see your point but pride and respect do it right !!

ONCE AGAIN IC SUCKS!!:mooning

K

Kalcu

I use mircle grow organic, ya the little green plastic balls got me worried......but it's no problem.........a little PBP and your on your way...I do add a tiny little bit of some full dry nutrient with all those tiny macros and some organic tradition for good fungus and bacteria cultures......I let that winter up.....anyhow, micro blast and PBP.....just as good as any other peat moss based soil....which yes peat moss sucks,,,whoops, I add a little lime too, but keep an eye on the PH and add good full nutrients that are PH'd when you water/feed...micros are important too! not just macro's....check the run off from time to time.......no need to go spend big money on soil, when growing a CFL or something small....nutrients are costly and where it is at, those chemi's, they leave quickly and no they don't wreck the soil, that takes about a decade to a century.

I've made my own soil, but didn't add perlite, it was good; really old cow manure; decades old.....with some highly composted bark, it was fluffy and great but lost it....fell off a truck...a nice container full was all I had..........so cheap miracle grow "organic" is what I will be using, cost to much to ship other stuff and walmart doesn't know better.

and as for everyone else KNOCK IT OFF! HA HA HA, ya people get crazy about chemi's but sorry, they are in the air! Most places, especially with cars near by (no carbon scrubbers on cars)....ha ha, ya I know it's about concentrations of the emissions floating near your grow, the rain, the history of that soil (which is mostly off record, people dumping, some is on file).

It is good to be consciousness, but not insane.

E

Elbows19

I use Mg soil almost everytime after I germinate the seed, the sprouts seem to like it, and they pop up quicker. It doesnt really matter when I transplant them outdoor anyhow..

Dince_Nug4

Dince_Nug4

Again refer to my last post. Please do not insult me or attack me. Organic Choice Potting Mix made by Miracle Gro is Composted Bark, Sphagnum Peat Moss and a tiny amount of chicken poop. The only thing that could even be debated is the wetting agent that Miracle Gro claims to be organic. I will not post in this thread again, and am not trying to stir the pot. MG moisture control is a completely different product. Please do not talk about a product you have never used. I mean, would you tell a person not to use Miracle Gro perlite? It's just perlite for crying out loud. I understand disliking the company and what it stands for, but that does not mean this particular product is bad. Just don't call me a newb....or do, but know I will not tolerate it. I have been a member of CW (old and new), the Cabana, Devil's Harvest and have never been direspected like this. Heck, I have never received anything but love from even ICMAG.
They talk trash, but even MG moisture control potting mix is cool. I've tried several methods over my course of growing and my best, biggest, densest, tastiest buds come when I use miracle gro. I get a pound or better per plant of top quality grade A bud.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
They talk trash, but even MG moisture control potting mix is cool. I've tried several methods over my course of growing and my best, biggest, densest, tastiest buds come when I use miracle gro. I get a pound or better per plant of top quality grade A bud.
I’ve used em outdoor on seed but not on clones , seeds veg long enough to use up the slow release they add and I’ve had good results but I do tend to add crap to it! 🤓

KonaOutdoors

KonaOutdoors

how many of these bags would I need to fill one 3x3x3 hole like I said I need enough soil to fill about 5 of these holes
You will need 4 of the 3 cubit ft bags for that size hole. I use about the same amount of space but in 100 gallon water troughs. THe Miracle Grow organic gold will work fine and you can get it at the local chain stores. My store has a generic brand for less and its just as good. I enrich it with a little Plant Tone fertilizer in the top half. Fertilize regularly for best results.

Dince_Nug4

Dince_Nug4

White Runtz at week 6 of flower growing in Miracle Gro moisture control potting mix.

20200324 175824
Anthem

Anthem

One bag per hole I think. The bags are 3 cubic ft.
OH it that new math? 3 x 3 x 3 = 27 cubic feet, standard size for Fox Farms is 1.5 cubic feet so like 18 bags to fill one hole sounds about right to me.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Miracle Grow is shit, very hot, has both food and sodium in it wtf? + pests and garbage, try fox farms ocean forest thats the stuff.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Miracle Grow Moisture Control soil in 5x 3gal fabric smartpots. These are just over 6 weeks from seed. Doing great, from what I can tell. One plant has slight tip burn on a few leaves but nothing too serious. Hopefully come flowering the soils depleted enough to not cause any issues with too high nitrogen or anything, will know once im to that point I guess haha

TL:DR: works fine thru veg, but unsure of how it will effect flowering.

20200326 155842

Latest posts

Top Bottom