Miracle Of 1985

• Thread starter Glas Plandai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

I call her Miracle of 1985 because I have no clue WTF she is.

My Pops was cleaning out his shed and found a five old seeds in an old tool box. He said he has not used that box since 1985. As a joke I tossed them in a wet paper towel and shoved it in a ziplock bag and tossed it upon the old water heater in the old dark utility room and forgot about them for over a week. I went in looking for a hammer and gazed upon them and out I muttered "SHIT forgot about them" Oh well not like some 30 year old seeds sitting in a damp shed threw 15 winters of no heat and 15 summers locked in a hot box are going to live.

....but I had to look.
Now I'll be the son of a left handed Irishman with a right hand full of the barley if all 5 popped taps. Two casualties as forgetting about them led a couple to run out of seed feed and tithered out. Unprepared for triplets I scrambled to save the remaining three whom had taps nearly 3/4 an in long. I checked the garage and gather up 3 small 2oz plastic mouthwash cups and some good old Miracle Grow time release and dropped em right on in with a drink of good old tap water. One more would be lost to poor plantental parenting planning.

A 1/2 shot of good old tap water every other day for the next 2 weeks Somehow they made it to there 2nd node and outgrew there makeshift cribs. Well shit never expected to get this far guess its time to get serious. I figured WTH they made it this far lets try out NFT for the first time. A few lessons in root rot and res temp an emergency transplant to some well balanced soil. What plant could survive battling root rot and why not add in underfeeding due to miss reading 3ml per liter as 3ml per gallon. Well 3 weeks go by and no growth but no death either. time to crack that pot out of just being curious what was going on with what when I last saw was a rotting slimy mess. WOW shocked again ROOT BOUND.

All the stress got to one plant and it hermied so he/she got shipped off to a new home to keep from tainting the other that turned full blown woman by now. Took some clippings and ended up getting 7 to re root. 6 found there way to a 5gal. condo.

So Momma has her babies waiting for her to be done in her room so they can move in. She is an odd one for sure. She like to just eat a random fan leaf every week. Just one at a time no more. every 3rd node grows a 7-9 set of leaves and they grow out in a spiral twist. not the rest of the plant just every 3rd node. This trait she passed onto her now mature and ready to blossom children.
Nightbud

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Is it a sativa or an indica? Looks good. Could be the next big thing. They all seem to happen by accident.

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

Is it a sativa or an indica? Looks good. Could be the next big thing. They all seem to happen by accident.

You tell me what you think here is a better pic and a reference image from SensiSeed
By looks alone she looks an indica. Pops said he has no idea what it was but 30 years ago he only smoked the best bud so it had to be some ok stuff. He tells me back in the 70's and 80's most bag bud was imported and almost always had some seeds. best he can recall is it may be what he called Sensimilla but if it was there would be no seed.

With no way to tell what the 30yo seed was I just call it Miracle Weed and I added the 1985 to show its retro status.
IorC

Indica vs sativa

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Yeah...looks like an indica dominant Skunk hybrid to me. You got a jem homie. Whats her smell?

P

Pimples

Lucky bastard!!! Iam jelly. Cant believe 30 year old seeds popped. Thats unheard of. Cannabis is a strong plant no doubt.

P

Pimples

Back in those days most good seedbanks were based in Europe. Netherlands to be exact. And all of it was big yielding and kick ass. My pops smoked and grew fine cannabis also. Wish i could find vintage plants like that. I would work with her. Keep the original but make some simple crosses. See what you come up with. You could have the next biggest thing. Like the name too.

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

Lucky bastard!!! Iam jelly. Cant believe 30 year old seeds popped. Thats unheard of. Cannabis is a strong plant no doubt.
I reserved 1 of the 7 clones from the 1 plant that survived . It has been an adventure with lots of 1st time hydro mistakes and learning curve. So the reserved clone went into soil my more knowledgeable area. ATM she is veging off 600watt MH ~ 30in tall. I kept the light high to let her stretch. I ordered some Colloidal Silver Spray and when she is more bushed out I am going to take a dozen more clones and try flip 1/2 the remaining plant to male and get some femed seeds. The fact this thing grew amazed me and after everything I did to them plants I am sure it has some good genetics lol. hate to see he die off over some freak thing.

Smells strong and pungent even with a carbon scrubber in her room it hits you in the face and she still isn't ripe yet.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I had a similar experience with 80s seeds. Alas, newer seeds don't seem to be as hardy. I'm having a bitch of a time getting < 5 yo seeds to crack and develop

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

I had a similar experience with 80s seeds. Alas, newer seeds don't seem to be as hardy. I'm having a bitch of a time getting < 5 yo seeds to crack and develop
You know PhatNuggz I don't think Femmed seeds are all they are cracked up to be. (pun intended) I never found a fresh grow from newer femmed seeds to produce as well the 1st gen as some of my older stock. If am am able to get some seed out of this strain via silver spray I hope nothing is lost in her hardiness genetics.

Top Bottom