Mirrors as side reflectors Hot spots?

• Thread starter Darkstreets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkstreets

Darkstreets

Alright so i have 2 wide mirrors that i cant use anymore since their look is worn and they seem sort of oxydated. Would using these large mirrors on the walls be a good idea because we all agree theres not much more reflective material then a mirror. Would it create hotspots like aluminum foil would?

W

WilliamsWonder

Don't use mirrors! Use mylar or flat white walls. Mirrors can cause hots pots, burn your plants, and they don't reflect the light properly.

WilliamsWonder

convex

convex

As well as hot spots there is quite a lumen loss compared to flat paint or panda.

Light has to pass through the glass to reflective backing then back out the glass - the plain glass on the way out not only impairs the lumens but also reflects a portion BACK to the backing ... and so on ... Creating a hall of mirrors within itself so to speak.

S

ShorelineTex

As well as hot spots there is quite a lumen loss compared to flat paint or panda.

Light has to pass through the glass to reflective backing then back out the glass - the plain glass on the way out not only impairs the lumens but also reflects a portion BACK to the backing ... and so on ... Creating a hall of mirrors within itself so to speak.

Lol...quantum mechanics for potheads.:nerd:nerd

temazcal

temazcal

i also was wondering this, thanks for the great info friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom