Misleading sales practices for autoflower seeds.

• Thread starter Dlsly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dlsly

Dlsly

Man it’s crazy the claims seed banks make on thc and harvest weight. Contacted a bank about their claims of 21-25% thc. Asked if they had any kind of lab results showing any autoflower in inventory reaching that range. The answer of course was no. Use caution with large banks from Europe because they make claims that are completely false. I contacted one of my friends who has been growing commercially for about 8 years now in Maine and he said to his knowledge he has yet to see a auto break 21%. So they cut and paste feminized performance into the description of the same strains autoflower which is illegal in the US under the regulations stated by the US department of agriculture. Wife’s a lawyer 😁

E

elusiveshame

Seeds banks don't breed the seeds themselves, they get them from breeders (at least sites like Seedsman, NASC, etc). Are they expected to grow every strain they sell? Does Home Depot, Lowes, every mom and pop nursery also grow every seed they have to make sure the information is correct? That's likely why you received a "no" from a 3rd party vendor. If you want that information, contact the breeder.

"The FSA regulates the interstate shipment of agricultural and vegetable seeds. The FSA requires that seed shipped in interstate commerce be labeled with information that allows seed buyers to make informed choices. Seed labeling information and advertisements pertaining to the seed must be truthful. The FSA helps promote uniformity among State laws and fair competition within the seed trade."

Source: https://www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/fsa

If they're copying/pasting information from the breeders, how is that illegal? Liability wouldn't be on the store selling seeds, it would be on the breeder.

Also, how are you going to prove that nobody can hit those numbers? Those numbers are 1.) best case scenario (optimal/perfect conditions), and 2.) probably what the breeder received.

Unsure why you felt it necessary to mention your wife is a lawyer.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you need to realize that this applies only to some seed bank. top eu seed bank are mostly legit. take anesia seeds for an example. they state blackberrymoonrocks to contain 33% and the autoflower blackberrymoonrocks to only contain 25%. autos have broken 21% definitely
exactly the same story with victory seeds and their amnesium as an example.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
this is in a long line of "possible to hit these numbers" in advertising.

go look at car amps - guarantee you'll see peak wattage advertised and not the RMS

Dlsly

Dlsly

Seeds banks don't breed the seeds themselves, they get them from breeders (at least sites like Seedsman, NASC, etc). Are they expected to grow every strain they sell? Does Home Depot, Lowes, every mom and pop nursery also grow every seed they have to make sure the information is correct? That's likely why you received a "no" from a 3rd party vendor. If you want that information, contact the breeder.

"The FSA regulates the interstate shipment of agricultural and vegetable seeds. The FSA requires that seed shipped in interstate commerce be labeled with information that allows seed buyers to make informed choices. Seed labeling information and advertisements pertaining to the seed must be truthful. The FSA helps promote uniformity among State laws and fair competition within the seed trade."

Source: https://www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/fsa

If they're copying/pasting information from the breeders, how is that illegal? Liability wouldn't be on the store selling seeds, it would be on the breeder.

Also, how are you going to prove that nobody can hit those numbers? Those numbers are 1.) best case scenario (optimal/perfect conditions), and 2.) probably what the breeder received.

Unsure why you felt it necessary to mention your wife is a lawyer.

Dlsly

Dlsly

if the range hits that high. Who out there hits 21-25% on the high range with an autoflower?

E

elusiveshame

if the range hits that high. Who out there hits 21-25% on the high range with an autoflower?
Who out there is sending their weed to a lab to get tested that isn’t a breeder?

You have some weird expectations of people.

Dlsly

Dlsly

These are their brand seeds. Also the Lanham act has amendments if you read the law subsections it is illegal in the us to “misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities, or geographic origin”

Dlsly

Dlsly

In relation, it can revoke the required hemp seed license through the usda. In the usda site it redirects you to the FTC. Which regulates marketing and business practices to protect consumers.

E

elusiveshame

These are their brand seeds. Also the Lanham act has amendments if you read the law subsections it is illegal in the us to “misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities, or geographic origin”

What site(s) are you referring to? You've yet to actually provide anything useful to your claim.

It’s $70 in Albany NY to lab test maybe people should test.

Oh right, everyone lives in Albany NY. It's illegal to mail cannabis (both state and federally), so unless you live within driving distance to a facility, that's not happening.

Again, you have some weird expectations of people. Have YOU sent the weed you grew to a lab to confirm what you're saying, or is this all conjecture?

Dlsly

Dlsly

What I’m saying is use caution purchasing. Ask people to correct and give accurate product descriptions. So everyone can make a informed decision on their purchase. Hence why I didn’t say all EU banks.

E

elusiveshame

What I’m saying is use caution purchasing. Ask people to correct and give accurate product descriptions. So everyone can make a informed decision on their purchase. Hence why I didn’t say all EU banks.
You're mentioning US laws, so I'm not even talking about EU banks, I'm talking about US banks. US marketing laws makes no difference to any other country except the US.

You're saying use caution, yet you can't even answer the basic questions. What are we supposed to use caution on? That you may not hit the numbers they claim? I'm pretty sure that's common sense with literally every product. They're giving estimates on what's possible if you have the perfect conditions.

Then you say people should get their weed tested for THC content. Why? That's not an easy thing to do for most people, or a major concern as long as they're happy with their grow.

My dispensary sells weed marketed at over 30% THC from auto strains from the cultivars. If I were able to purchase seeds here (we can't in this state), does that mean my grow is going to hit those numbers? Nope.

So, what's the point of this thread again? That US laws don't affect EU seed banks?

Dlsly

Dlsly

These are the facts of life lol. Also 37 states are legal and yes I use the lab hence why I know the cost. I don’t know try these two agencies federal trade commission and USDA both have search functions. I have my hemp seed retail and research license. Also finishing my master growers certificate via Cornell. Transferring my microbiology and environmental impact studies to their mew certificate program.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
you can also not take action using the thc percentages as, "each plant can produce different levels depending on environment and other factors unrelated to the breeder" via this loophole

"we saw the strain was able to do this under OUR system of growing" - done and done. You can't prove it wasn't the growers fault it didn't hit X & Y

Untitled

E

elusiveshame

These are the facts of life lol. Also 37 states are legal and yes I use the lab hence why I know the cost. I don’t know try these two agencies federal trade commission and USDA both have search functions. I have my hemp seed retail and research license. Also finishing my master growers certificate via Cornell. Transferring my microbiology and environmental impact studies to their mew certificate program.

What facts? You still haven't answered literally any question, and you're trying to apply US law to another country. Maybe you should consult with a better lawyer...

Anyway are you bored? Or are you offended because the shoe fits? What do trolls get?

Says the one who's trying to e-brag about their education and being married to a lawyer, all while refusing to answer basic questions lol. Are you insecure and need validation?

Dlsly

Dlsly

Good thing email corespondents work. Statements from a company rep confirming. So there is actionable information. Admitting via email corespondents with the company stating they have not texted the autoflower strains.

Top Bottom