Missouri Guy Here

• Thread starter themogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

themogrow

Bought a tent and light last year and grew 1 decent plant. May be able to find pics later to upload. Gonna get back into it heavier. Have a Amazon special 4x4 ZENY tent which is actually impressive after taking it down and putting it back up so many times and it holding up to the abuse. Have a 300w Taurusy Light which is also from Amazon but also impressed with the quality in general. Ordering a 4x2 and a 400w light soon. 400w going in 4x4 and 300w going in 4x2. Will McGyver my Own ventilation until I pull the trigger on a vent system. Will post pics and updates soon. Thank you.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

You could always add another 300 or the 400 and the 300 in the 2x4 for veging and use the 4x4 for flowering. What ever works for you.
But keep in mind a 300 is only good for about 16" squair right under the light! Beyond that it falls off very quickly.

Pick up a 1,000w light for the 4x4 tent. You can get away with a lot less when veging but if you want to flower you need the punch of a 1k light.
Anything less and you won't be happy.

Plants don't care about fancy! But they do eat light so if you want good plants. Invest in the best lights you can afford. Even big used lights are better than not enough light to flower. You can always turn them down a bit.

T

themogrow

You could always add another 300 or the 400 and the 300 in the 2x4 for veging and use the 4x4 for flowering. What ever works for you.
But keep in mind a 300 is only good for about 16" squair right under the light! Beyond that it falls off very quickly.

Pick up a 1,000w light for the 4x4 tent. You can get away with a lot less when veging but if you want to flower you need the punch of a 1k light.
Anything less and you won't be happy.

Plants don't care about fancy! But they do eat light so if you want good plants. Invest in the best lights you can afford. Even big used lights are better than not enough light to flower. You can always turn them down a bit.
Thank you for the input and advice. Could go the chm route to save $ per fixture. But I just started reading into that so we will see.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

That’s also 300 and 400 true watts if that wasn’t clear.
I use an old Mars 300 - 60led. It requires about 120w of power, light is = to a 300w bulb.
I know it has a very small footprint. Like I said about 16" x 16" for flowering. Just saying take care that you get enough light that your not disappointed in it's performance.

T

themogrow

IMG 7399
IMG 5017
This was my first and only grow last year.

Top Bottom