Mist Clone Box???

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so I been doing cloning for some time now and so far not a fan of the black trays bc when I put the clones in the middle is about the only part of the tray that gets water bc the plants way down the tray so clones on the out side don't get water and dry up so I have to add more water and that gives the plants in the mid way to much water over time and just about kills them so im looking to make a cloning box with a mist spray any one done this and got any info for me

Bannacis

Bannacis

Usually clones have no roots to begin with, only reason to have water in tray is to create humidity from below.
not sure if your using cups with soil mix or rockwool cubes.
you need to water from top also, needs some moisture near the stem so roots can form.
Don't just water from bottom. Maybe get a dome.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I have the hole set up you put water in the tray so the roots have a way to feed u want the water lower so the roots will work there way out as they look for water that is why I don't want as much water soaking the cubes slowing the growth of the roots and under water where the cubes dry out killing the roots

Bannacis

Bannacis

Never used cubes, always jiffy puck or pro mix in small cup.
I understand about having water in tray, usually a heat pad underneath helps increase humidity.
getting those trays to lay flat and level has always been a beech.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

a beech indeed I never seed juffy before how do u do it with the soil??

Bannacis

Bannacis

same way you do cubes, those jiffy pucks when water will swell up to golf ball size. squeeze out excess water. usually a pre hole will show...there you put your bean, and maneuver some peat over it.
Any type of paper cup, Styrofoam, put plenty of drainage holes. use a seedling soil mix.
Hand water each one, check daily. peat holds moisture and will also dry out slowly.
you can still use those plastic trays with water, try to find something to keep them out of water. You don't want the jiffy pucks in standing water. same with cups. but you do want heated water underneath. humidity will rise off warmer water more than cold.
You can get jiffy pucks at Wall-Mart, Lowes, home depot. pretty much and garden/nursery store.
They also have jiffy pots, like a little Dixie cup, but made of peat and you fill with a seeding soil.
Roots will grow thru it, so it's easy to transplant.
Search jiffy pucks on youtube.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I use rapid root cubes and my clone kit is the black tray. black tray with dug outs for the cubes. clear dome .seeding heat mat. mir grow root starter that is every thing I have and use for clones don't like how the top black tray sags in the mid from the clones

Top Bottom