Mite Remedy? - Tetranychu Spersimilis and No Pest Strips?

• Thread starter PankFlamingoMon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

Quick description of this species:

Tetrancychus - Predatory Mite used for the control and management of various spider mites.They are killers that can’t go long without food. They continually hunt for food and starve quickly if there is none. They eat from 5-20 prey (eggs or mites) per day. High humidity (50-90%) plays a big roll in there reproduction. I've attached a photo of the tetra going to town on a mite egg.

Recently I took in three new strains and all were infested with mites. I drove down the street and bought two no pest strips and left them next to the plants for a little over a week. Results = Adult 2 spotted spider mites Dead... Eggs left behind. When will these eggs hatch? I then removed the strips and got to thinking I'd buy some Tetranychus and release them all over the plants and the eggs would be slaughtered up.

I have one question about my rooms environment for these guys. Every night when lights go out sulfur burns for 5 minutes. Will this sulfur kill these predatory mites? Should I stop using it during there life cycle?

Please feel free to add how you mitigate mites to 0 population. I would love to know more ways to skin the cat.

Thanks Pank

Mite remedy    tetranychu spersimilis and no pest strips
Mite remedy    tetranychu spersimilis and no pest strips 2
B

Buddy Hemphill

leave the NPS's in there. The eggs should all be hatched in 3-5 days.

I leave the nps's around them for 7.

My quarantine is a piece of plastic with tacky feet spread in a circle around the pots. I am drenching with Merit and leaving them with NPS's for 7 days in a sealed room. I use my bathroom and leave the exhaust fan on so that it pulls the fumes out of the house.

You dont have to worry if you got the eggs wet with poison like with Avid. Just let them sit there until the eggs are all hatched. When they do hatch.. They die before they can lay more eggs.

Just be careful to vent them well. You dont want that shit in your living area/air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom