Mite Resistant Strains???

• Thread starter Werunwild69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Ozone will kill the plants at a high level.. yes it will also kill the bugs and eggs, but I think at that point it won't matter cuse the plants will be dead.

Start over.. Don't use ocean forest (for starters) to pop seeds.. Heck you might not want to use ocean forest at all, some bags are full of bugs.

Once the grow area is fully clean. Start with new seeds and immediately with beneficial bugs, don't wait till you see new bugs before introducing beneficial bugs. Beneficial bugs work best when they have time to establish themselves, it's very important to get beneficial bugs in there early. Basically from the start if you can, and from what i'm reading you have the money to get beneficial bugs in there from the start.

Don't use POISON of any kind. Stop wasting money on POISON.

1. Get your credit card out and go here.

2. The only products you should be spraying on your plants is either Met52 or AzaGuard, in veg only IMO. Both are compatible with beneficial insects.

3. Order predatory mites. Dont be afraid to order a few different kinds. But definitely get Neoseiulus Californicus for sure. They hang in the garden long after their regular food source is gone.

Even if you think you don't have spider mites. It's a very good idea to put predatory mites in the garden on regular intervals, like every few months until you're 100% sure you got the source of the infestation fixed. Small price to pay for piece of mind.

4. Next: Same place but different beneficials. These are Nematodes. Get these as well. These kill thrips, white flies, gnats and a ton of other harmful insects that the predatory mites don't get.

Regular intervals of both of these beneficial bugs will make you a happy farmer.

5. PROBLEM solved.

6. Never look back

7. Grow dank flowers.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

@dognova, thanks! Yep I checked out that site for the predators Saturday. I've already bought grodan chunks & pieces and going to use 10 gal. containers. I don't even want a speck of dirt in my place now. The local grapevine suggested the same about the ocean forest as well and since the grow shops all store there stuff in the same warehouse, all the soil products are harboring the little bastards. They said the same thing you did. Start over, get predators, it doesn't matter if I use grodan chunks and can still use Bio war which they suggested. Thoughts? By the way, like your Nova! Had a bracket Nova '70 with a 572" that I built. Flying is a cheaper hobby than racing I found.

HiPlainDrftr

HiPlainDrftr

Thats the way, use nature not poison!
Keep them beneficial insects over populated in the garden and the bad critters can never get a foot hold. Watch out for contradicting practices though, don't add benes then spray the Met or Aza a day later. Gotta get a solid schedule down.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Thats the way, use nature not poison!
Keep them beneficial insects over populated in the garden and the bad critters can never get a foot hold. Watch out for contradicting practices though, don't add benes then spray the Met or Aza a day later. Gotta get a solid schedule down.
Being that I just know it's some kind of voracious mite, and not specific, can you tell me what bugs eat what bugs? My wife says they are broad mites. Folks here that got some of the same clone stock I did say they are rust or russet mites.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Hmmmm... maybe take your mattress and frame onto onto your front lawn and torch it with kerosene just to be sure....
I have honestly considered that. Being that I still have 4' of snow in my front yard the kerosene would do the trick.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Are you sure it is not weaponized fusarium wilt? Please Lordy don't tell me weaponized fusarium wilt took the last #5.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Are you sure it is not weaponized fusarium wilt? Please Lordy don't tell me weaponized fusarium wilt took the last #5.
fusarium was probably in the game too. I hope it was not my last #5 I still have a few seeds from my early batches but I'd call it a Emery Medley as a few got loose and couldn't remember what container they belonged in. I hope their is some #5 in there somewhere. What breeder do you feel has the most "real" NL#5 in the current era?

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Well, Finshaggy was gifted the #5 and told to keep it on strict lockdown. The breeder that passed it to him with those conditions was last seen running wild in a geriatric ward in West Virginia, so shaggy is not releasing any NOS until he has the blessing. Keep your fingers crossed. In the meantime Keep the Emery Medley close to your chest as possible.

dogznova

dogznova

Not sure about bio war.. If it's compatible with predatory mites and nematodes then sure.

But I think if you start over fresh and use beneficial bugs.. You shouldn't need to spray anything, at least for awhile I would think..

You must find the source of where they are coming from. If it's a clone, then no more outside sourced clones. If it's your pets bringing them in, no pets around the garden. Just thinking out loud and trying to give examples..

As far as what bugs eats what.. It's in the description of each bug plus you can go on the learning center on that site. I think all the info you are looking for is there.. Put an army in there and be happy.

Yeah, im looking to go racing with the nova in a few weeks.. Just starting to get warm up here.. Hoping to get her in the high 8's in street trim this yr. Shes a pro charged F1r 498 big block.
Nova Pics 8 002

Last edited:
DOGBUDS

DOGBUDS

If your grow room looks that nice?? Holy SHIT!, you're definitely rocking some bad ass plants!!

Top Bottom