mites and aphids!!!!! please advise

• Thread starter JodolphBitler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

found some aphids AND mites. its lights on so I started with a mild bleach/alcohol spray and covered soil, top and bottoms of leaves and killed the light and turned on just a regular incandescent. fans on full and ac on cold. will this kill them buggers? this afternoon i will go to a friends and get some stuff he uses. sposed to be all natural and effective. i’ll use that before lights out.
bit will the bleach solution kill aphids and mited?

mancorn

mancorn

Yikes, don’t spray bleach on plants. (Some people use it as a weed killer.) Isopropyl alcohol is OK if the plant is in veg. Here’s an organic recipe for a mite & aphid spray (any brand of castile soup will work)

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

it was like 3ml of bleach for 1 quart. plus about the same in isopropyl. cant undo that now. you think the bleach will kill them. all stages plus eggs?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I wish I had better advice But somehow I just don’t go k it’s that easy mites are gonna take you multiple treating/killings and root aphids haven’t had em yet ! Knock on wood but I’ve heard they can hang around from grow to grow if your not careful

savagesleep

savagesleep

I use Neem. It's organic and will not affect the bud like pesticides would if injested. Spray a fine mist after diluted according to instructions, especially on the undersides. Should take care of them. I had to apply more early in the season.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

it was like 3ml of bleach for 1 quart. plus about the same in isopropyl. cant undo that now. you think the bleach will kill them. all stages plus eggs?
I hope you meant to write H2O2 instead of bleach. I use hydrogen peroxide occasionally and get good results. DrBonner’s soap w/peppermint oil. I believe vegetable oil will kill mites also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom