Mites and what to do…..

• Thread starter Greenthumb1967
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenthumb1967

Outdoor it’s inevitable. Mites soon after flowering. I tend to be lazy outdoors and early September they came hard. Tired of daily spraying I found myself in trouble. I bought 3000 ladybugs by mid September I released them. Holy shit. Perfect for greenhouses! They ate mites like crazy since no other food was present. My weed is usually done mid September but not this year. By harvest mid October there were no signs of mites. Humping ladybugs everywhere lol. Not a single mite or web. Sweet! Not only that my loss from catipillars Was the least ever. Maybe 10 %! I highly recommend ladybugs for greenhouse grows. Get them in veg stage so they can lay those eggs! The larvae eat catipillar eggs 🤣

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Outdoor it’s inevitable. Mites soon after flowering. I tend to be lazy outdoors and early September they came hard. Tired of daily spraying I found myself in trouble. I bought 3000 ladybugs by mid September I released them. Holy shit. Perfect for greenhouses! They ate mites like crazy since no other food was present. My weed is usually done mid September but not this year. By harvest mid October there were no signs of mites. Humping ladybugs everywhere lol. Not a single mite or web. Sweet! Not only that my loss from catipillars Was the least ever. Maybe 10 %! I highly recommend ladybugs for greenhouse grows. Get them in veg stage so they can lay those eggs! The larvae eat catipillar eggs 🤣
I never really have issues with my outdoor besides blight for my tomatoes if it rains a ton

G

Greenthumb1967

I never really have issues with my outdoor besides blight for my tomatoes if it rains a ton
Lucky you 😁. In Oregon it’s always an issue. I’ve even had them indoors they smell it and get in. I don’t recommend ladybugs indoors even with leds. They find a way to kill themselves lol. Typically I lose 30% plus to catapillars outdoors. I’m picking ladybugs out of my dried weed and releasing them LOL.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Lucky you 😁. In Oregon it’s always an issue. I’ve even had them indoors they smell it and get in. I don’t recommend ladybugs indoors even with leds. They find a way to kill themselves lol. Typically I lose 30% plus to catapillars outdoors. I’m picking ladybugs out of my dried weed and releasing them LOL.
My house is full of spiders and the woods are at the end of my yard, have tons of daddy long legs, lady bugs, spiders, butterfly, ALL the predators

Top Bottom