Mites! Help Too Much Invested To Give Up

• Thread starter GroWorx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GroWorx

GroWorx

Need help, never had mites before and I have too much invested to lose my crop. I am growing in two greenhouses and have mighty in one. Hard to controll heat other than fan and roof vents and growing in 40 gallon earth pots,too big to remove from house. Just started with takedown spray,but think I need to fog. Starting to freek, any help would be appreciated . Thanks all

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Safer soap foliar spray
wait 3 days
wipe out foliar spray
wait 3 days
Safer soap
Wait 3 days
Wipe out foliar spray
Repeat for 2 ton3 weeks.

This should kill off everything. Trick is you must saturate top and underneath all leaves. Spray everything at lights off.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

How far In flower are you? Yes, if you have an atomizer that make life so much better.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Also, make up gallons of IPM stuff to spray on your walls and floors. In use cedarwood oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and neem. 5ml/gal of the oils, 10ml/gal of neem. Shake well, spray everywhere but not on plants! I spray every 3rd day.

GroWorx

GroWorx

Still in veg
Also, make up gallons of IPM stuff to spray on your walls and floors. In use cedarwood oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and neem. 5ml/gal of the oils, 10ml/gal of neem. Shake well, spray everywhere but not on plants! I spray every 3rd day.
Have been reading about foggers as well, plants are six feet tall and still have a long grow season ahead am in zone 5

GroWorx

GroWorx

Safer soap foliar spray
wait 3 days
wipe out foliar spray
wait 3 days
Safer soap
Wait 3 days
Wipe out foliar spray
Repeat for 2 ton3 weeks.

This should kill off everything. Trick is you must saturate top and underneath all leaves. Spray everything at lights off.
I sprayed with take down spray how long should I wait for different applications.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You want to spray and rotate sprays every 3 days, then scope them and see if things are still moving. I believe Grandevo is supposed to be good for mites, look into that.

P

PharmHand

Need help, never had mites before and I have too much invested to lose my crop. I am growing in two greenhouses and have mighty in one. Hard to controll heat other than fan and roof vents and growing in 40 gallon earth pots,too big to remove from house. Just started with takedown spray,but think I need to fog. Starting to freek, any help would be appreciated . Thanks all
Azamax, therm x 70( or another non ionic surfactant) , bucket feed paint sprayer wait a few days then spray with something else.... I like entrust or conserve, not approved for cannabis yet but definitely will be since it's approved for tobacco, combustion of spinosad doesn't produce toxic substances. Insecticidal soap works well for mites but ya might get some phyto toxicity. Something pyrethrin based is great too. It's good to rotate although bugs aren't supposed to develop resistance to azadirachtin. Every few days for a couple weeks- no more bugs. Mix at the weak end of recommendations if spraying frequently as sprays are cumulative. A rinse here n there is good to help with that plus mites like it dry. Spray at dusk so it'll stay wet all night, better your odds of killing stuff if it remains wet longer....

GroWorx

GroWorx

Azamax, therm x 70( or another non ionic surfactant) , bucket feed paint sprayer wait a few days then spray with something else.... I like entrust or conserve, not approved for cannabis yet but definitely will be since it's approved for tobacco, combustion of spinosad doesn't produce toxic substances. Insecticidal soap works well for mites but ya might get some phyto toxicity. Something pyrethrin based is great too. It's good to rotate although bugs aren't supposed to develop resistance to azadirachtin. Every few days for a couple weeks- no more bugs. Mix at the weak end of recommendations if spraying frequently as sprays are cumulative. A rinse here n there is good to help with that plus mites like it dry. Spray at dusk so it'll stay wet all night, better your odds of killing stuff if it remains wet longer....
Sprayed this am would it be ok to re apply this eve?

P

PharmHand

If they're a decent sized plant maybe prune em up/hollow and thin them out. Not only does it make spraying easier and more effective mites usually colonize the bottoms first. Good luck on the battle:)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Any thing with ambectin in it will kill mites.

Like said above, every 3rd day, spray. Do this for 3 weeks and you shouldn't have any more mites. This is if course if you get ecmvery square inch of the plants, pots, floor, walls, ect.

GroWorx

GroWorx

If they're a decent sized plant maybe prune em up/hollow and thin them out. Not only does it make spraying easier and more effective mites usually colonize the bottoms first. Good luck on the battle:)
Read your mind have been working on that,thanks for the input and I keep all posted

GroWorx

GroWorx

Read your mind have been working on that,thanks for the input and I keep all posted
Man, the battle goes on and I'm standing ground. Thins out and burned shit can't wait to spray again

Top Bottom