Mites-Indica vs Sativa

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Hey community this is quite curious to me. I have 3 Indica's and 3 Stavia's growing in the same tent under the same conditions (organic soil and Led lighting). All plants 4 weeks into flowering stage and doing well. The Stavia's have mites no big deal (neem oil taking care of the problem) but, the Indica's are not phased by this blight. Has any one come across this situation before? I am a seasoned grower with lots of Indica grows under my belt and never ventured in to the Stavia realm (just my preference). Your thoughts on this will be appreciated.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Perhaps your mites have just developed a preference for the sativa high :P

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

Never found any preference by mites. I'm sure some specific plants, and maybe even strains, have lower defensive capacity to mites, but I more than doubtful that would extend to sativas and indicas in general.

indicabush

indicabush

Never found any preference by mites. I'm sure some specific plants, and maybe even strains, have lower defensive capacity to mites, but I more than doubtful that would extend to sativas and indicas in general.
Thank you....I always thought that if 1 plant as mites then all plants would sooner or later have mites. So that is why everything is still sharing the same tent (3 on 1 side and 3 on the other side). Oh yeah, it is a 16 sq ft tent.

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

Given enough time in a enclosed space, I'm sure those mites will moves to all the plants. But plants do produce defensive compound to ward off attackers, so it may take a while or may never even become an issue. Usually it does though!

indicabush

indicabush

Given enough time in a enclosed space, I'm sure those mites will moves to all the plants. But plants do produce defensive compound to ward off attackers, so it may take a while or may never even become an issue. Usually it does though!
It has been a good 3 weeks since discovery and I just checked them again with a large magnifier. Shade leafs and flowers showing no signs of mites.....LittleDabbie might be right:p

pdxfire

pdxfire

i had broad mites and they definitely preferred the sativa dominant plants.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey community this is quite curious to me. I have 3 Indica's and 3 Stavia's growing in the same tent under the same conditions (organic soil and Led lighting). All plants 4 weeks into flowering stage and doing well. The Stavia's have mites no big deal (neem oil taking care of the problem) but, the Indica's are not phased by this blight. Has any one come across this situation before? I am a seasoned grower with lots of Indica grows under my belt and never ventured in to the Stavia realm (just my preference). Your thoughts on this will be appreciated.
Yes, regularly. Same with stuff like powdery mildew, I've had plants right next to each other, different strains, one gets it, another gets it BAD, and another is looking at the first two like, "Mang, you fucked up bitches!"

I generally grow Sat-doms, don't see PM very often, see mites a bit more regularly (OD grower). The PM I have seen affects those Afghan-doms really, really hard.

Right now, I've got bull thistle on the north side of my house just covered with PM. The temps have been in the high 90s and the RH has been in the low 20s. The PM is killing the bull thistle, for which I am mighty pleased!

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

SM love the heat, so do Sativas, it could be suggested that the SM that love the Sativa could have all come from the same place, Indica domes on the other hand come from a cooler climate in higher elevations which are not as accommodating to SM, perhaps they never developed a taste for Indicas

Top Bottom