Mites Issue

• Thread starter Robert Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Robert Gray

Asking for a friend -- He has a pretty high infestation of spider mites. He has 36 girls that have just entered the flower phase. Our current plan of attack, is to top everything and get it out. Vacuum, high humidity, some type of doctor doom product? And then alcohol all floors and spray his trays & pots. Repeat process every 2 days, 3 total times.

Any suggestions to a better game plan? Better product that would be better for the plant? Or just really any tips from experience etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Juicebox

Juicebox

I have never had em at my grow but we had a bad infestation at work once and used ladybugs ....it can get messy though....but they did the trick

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I just had the dreaded 2 black spotted spider kite issue a few weeks back.

Safer soap
3 days later
Wipe out
3 days later
Safer soap
3 days later wipe out

I did a 50/50 bleach water cleaning 2x, then 2x with 99%iso on everything . Walls, floors, cloners, sandles, kneeling mat, everything.

No issues since.

jipp

jipp

are spider mites in the soil, or hitch hikers from out side?
never mind , if hydro guys can get them its not in the soil. laughs.
chris.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

They can come in soil, hitch rides on nute bottles, boxes, fungus gnats, aphids, pets, socks, pretty much anything.

tifosi

tifosi

If you are in the first week or two of flower neem oil should smoother them out without leaving that lousy taste on the buds.Most products i have used seem to just keep them at a manageable number.A hot shot pest strip strapped to a fan after harvest running for a week seems to work for future grows

Top Bottom