Mitt Romney on Medical Marijuana

• Thread starter Casper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

Keep in mind that the video was in 2007. I'm hoping that with all that has happened since then in the world of mmj that his stance has softened. As it stands now Romney will most likely be the Republican Candidate. If he is going to take that attitude into the White House the movement could be in trouble. I am really disturbed by his attitude as he just walked away. :no

M

MTM

What did you guys expect from a MORMAN.Another person playing GOD with peoples lives.He cant beat Obama,hes just too fuckin stupid

B

Bluenote

What did you guys expect from a MORMAN.Another person playing GOD with peoples lives.He cant beat Obama,hes just too fuckin stupid

Actually the problem is that he's *not* stupid , and while I detest the man it would rather seem that an individual who would accuse of him of being " stupid" might also ascertain exactly how to spell the word ** M O R M O N**.

And nope , O'Bummer isn't any better. And don't throw up Ron Paul to me , the fake Libertarian that many weed folks want to vote for because he'll " legalise it"..........best examine the man more carefully.

Rick Perry?.....is there ANYONE living in Austin who *doesn't* have a " hookers-n-blow" story about Perry?

Newt Gingrich?.........salamanders and Newts are usually benign , this one is a poisonous control freak.

Michelle Bachman..................the theme song from the Twilight Zone autoplays every time that one opens her mouth.........

Santorum?.....................yeahright...........look what happened to the last Catholic that got into the Oval Office and talked like him. Very troubling stances on certain items intimately connected with religion.

Huntsman?.................can you say " massive trade deficit with China"? Look where his money came from , the environmental record of said industry and where his money *actually* is........

In short we are completely and totally screwed no matter which way we jump. But then what else is new , same as it ever was..........

putembk

putembk

totally agree bluenote. Watching this country slowly deteriorate has turned me into a bitter old man. I get furious when I read the news. HIDE!!

T

TreFarmer

Hey MTM.... my entire family is MORMON and very open and loving... infact support my cannabis use! So I expect alot more from a MORMON!!
Infact the message from "God" (as they believe) is that as long as it does not comtradict the law of the land it is ok...

Romney is just another puppet... he would vote pro herb if he thought that was gonna win it!

MTM I know of other religious propaganda... but that died out in the 40s...

I have been righted and wronged by every type of person! There is not a statistic that holds true in my eyes!! Good and bad has no tangible form.

With this said... I call people like Romney "Horse Thief Mormons"... this term is used to decribe the fork tongued, church going, hide your ill will behind your faith, type of Mormon... this is alittle mote proper since the majority of LDS people are good people, just like every religion!!
There are these types in every religion..
Good Day.. sorry about the rant.. I get tired of religious finger pointing!!

T

TreFarmer

Actually the problem is that he's *not* stupid , and while I detest the man it would rather seem that an individual who would accuse of him of being " stupid" might also ascertain exactly how to spell the word ** M O R M O N**.

★★★well said

And nope , O'Bummer isn't any better. And don't throw up Ron Paul to me , the fake Libertarian that many weed folks want to vote for because he'll " legalise it"..........best examine the man more carefully.

★★★He (Paul) is the vote sponge... sucking up important votes to swing the election....
I look at campaign logos... Ron Paul's logo is a small red/white/blue pyramid!!! Illuminati? Masonic?? Open your eyes.

Rick Perry?.....is there ANYONE living in Austin who *doesn't* have a " hookers-n-blow" story about Perry?
★★★ I need to move to Austin and become a politician!

Newt Gingrich?.........salamanders and Newts are usually benign , this one is a poisonous control freak.

★★★ And is still in bed with those other guys that got us here.

Michelle Bachman..................the theme song from the Twilight Zone autoplays every time that one opens her mouth.........

★★★gotta have some eye candy

Santorum?.....................yeahright...........look what happened to the last Catholic that got into the Oval Office and talked like him. Very troubling stances on certain items intimately connected with religion.

★★★when did they obolish the seperation of church and state?

Huntsman?.................can you say " massive trade deficit with China"? Look where his money came from , the environmental record of said industry and where his money *actually* is........

★★★ look where all the money comes from!

In short we are completely and totally screwed no matter which way we jump. But then what else is new , same as it ever was..........

★★★pencil me in lol

M

MTM

I apologize to any Mormons who Ive affended. Im sure their are good Mormons ,I just dont think Mitt is one of them.Who names their kid MITT?Yea my spellings fucked up but I believe that was the only time in my life I had even tried to spell Mormon.Im 50 and only been typing a couple years and live in the deep south.Not many Mormons here!!!!

T

TreFarmer

I apologize to any Mormons who Ive affended. Im sure their are good Mormons ,I just dont think Mitt is one of them.Who names their kid MITT?Yea my spellings fucked up but I believe that was the only time in my life I had even tried to spell Mormon.Im 50 and only been typing a couple years and live in the deep south.Not many Mormons here!!!!
Here is a stereotype↑ that I will just leave alone;)

Maybe Mitt is a family name... Cleetus work better? Or Jim Bob?
Really bro, a little closed minded down there?

darkmatter

darkmatter

the republicans should just bow out this time.ron p. might could catch a wave or somebody completely different, some actor? obamas got it on lock. You got to get the crossovers back and these front runners aint doin it, yo. med mj, im not expecting or counting on it, if it comes my way cool if not life goes on.

squiggly

squiggly

President matters almost none in the legalization debate.

If you guys really care about this, you will vote in the mid-term elections and see that dems take the house/senate. I'm of the mind that its improper to be judging Obama's performance when he hasn't been allowed to present one. The man has had like 3 bills sent to him in 4 years, that's gotta be a record.

Repubs literally filibustered his appointment of the assistant mail room clerk ffs. What's the guy to do?

People assume the president gets to just do shit, and that if a bunch of awesome things didn't become law while he was around that he failed. Back in the day when bipartisanship was possible, this may well have been fair.

These days, it is much different. Senate/House appointments matter FIRST--worry about who's the president after the ability to filibuster is removed.

I'm personally of the mind that repubs and dems both have good plans (fiscally ONLY). The problem is we're not getting to undertake either of them. We're instead getting 45% of one plan and 55% of the other, and it ends up being some retarded franken-plan that will never work.

The country would run better if either repubs or dems has an unfillibusterable majority. Obviously I have my preferences--but I'd rather swallow them than watch my country consume itself as a result of stubborn men pretending to be patriots.

T

TreFarmer

Bring it squiggly!!! +1

President matters almost none in the legalization debate.

If you guys really care about this, you will vote in the mid-term elections and see that dems take the house/senate. I'm of the mind that its improper to be judging Obama's performance when he hasn't been allowed to present one. The man has had like 3 bills sent to him in 4 years, that's gotta be a record.

Repubs literally filibustered his appointment of the assistant mail room clerk ffs. What's the guy to do?

People assume the president gets to just do shit, and that if a bunch of awesome things didn't become law while he was around that he failed. Back in the day when bipartisanship was possible, this may well have been fair.

These days, it is much different. Senate/House appointments matter FIRST--worry about who's the president after the ability to filibuster is removed.

I'm personally of the mind that repubs and dems both have good plans (fiscally ONLY). The problem is we're not getting to undertake either of them. We're instead getting 45% of one plan and 55% of the other, and it ends up being some retarded franken-plan that will never work.

The country would run better if either repubs or dems has an unfillibusterable majority. Obviously I have my preferences--but I'd rather swallow them than watch my country consume itself as a result of stubborn men pretending to be patriots.
Well said!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

@Bluenote
I am sorry to chime in so harsh here, but I must address at least a few of the things I have issues with when talking about the republican party and Obama in regards to mmj. First, while Obama has by no means been perfect nor consistent for that matter on the issue, it is entirely unarguable that the mmj movement is not light years ahead of where it was in 2008, before President Obama took office. Colorado, Washington, Montana and many other states now have mmj dispensaries and that truly is an impressive leap from where we were. Second, I am from Montana and saw first hand what social conservatives will do to mmj when they get elected; the local legislature all but destroyed the mmj industry and they were voted in on the whole "tea party" fever that had many in the mmj industry believe that there so called libertarian platform would be better to our movement: they were dead wrong. Lastly, we must look at Mitt Romney and truly evaluate the possibilities of him giving any credence or assistance to our movement.......personal encounters with individuals aside, Mormons or the "Church of Latter Day Saints" by in large is one of the most social conservative religions of all time: (I was briefly involved in the church in my youth so this comes from first hand experience) from the "Word of Wisdom", to "Choose the Right", Mormonism employs many various and strict social conservative platforms within its ideology, to assume that a leader within that religion if elected President of our country will do anything to loosen the mmj laws is at best an illusion. In conclusion, don't believe the hype.......the mmj movement is much better under Obama than any other candidate that is out there with the exception of Gary Johnson and possibly Ron Paul.

T

TreFarmer

@Bluenote
I am sorry to chime in so harsh here, but I must address at least a few of the things I have issues with when talking about the republican party and Obama in regards to mmj. First, while Obama has by no means been perfect nor consistent for that matter on the issue, it is entirely unarguable that the mmj movement is not light years ahead of where it was in 2008, before President Obama took office. Colorado, Washington, Montana and many other states now have mmj dispensaries and that truly is an impressive leap from where we were. Second, I am from Montana and saw first hand what social conservatives will do to mmj when they get elected; the local legislature all but destroyed the mmj industry and they were voted in on the whole "tea party" fever that had many in the mmj industry believe that there so called libertarian platform would be better to our movement: they were dead wrong. Lastly, we must look at Mitt Romney and truly evaluate the possibilities of him giving any credence or assistance to our movement.......personal encounters with individuals aside, Mormons or the "Church of Latter Day Saints" by in large is one of the most social conservative religions of all time: (I was briefly involved in the church in my youth so this comes from first hand experience) from the "Word of Wisdom", to "Choose the Right", Mormonism employs many various and strict social conservative platforms within its ideology, to assume that a leader within that religion if elected President of our country will do anything to loosen the mmj laws is at best an illusion. In conclusion, don't believe the hype.......the mmj movement is much better under Obama than any other candidate that is out there with the exception of Gary Johnson and possibly Ron Paul.

+1
:sign0055:"Fundamentalism"....boooo:no

B

Bluenote

MTM I know of other religious propaganda... but that died out in the 40s...

With this said... I call people like Romney "Horse Thief Mormons"... this term is used to decribe the fork tongued, church going, hide your ill will behind your faith, type of Mormon... this is alittle mote proper since the majority of LDS people are good people, just like every religion!!
There are these types in every religion..
Good Day.. sorry about the rant.. I get tired of religious finger pointing!!

UH HUH. I like you Tre but I hope you're not pointing that finger at me and trying to start something , you aren't going to like the results of a theological arguement with me. Trust me on that one and let it go , I'm asking you this politely.

And of all Hoekema's " Big Four Cults" LDS is the worst of the bunch , it's by a narrow margin not the most controlling , unless you look at FLDS.

And quite frankly I *will* "point the finger at LDS" all I care to , fact is that I am now an agnostic....

Because I *was* a Mormon.

And since I tauight within their system at the university level I *know* the system inside and out and I'll willingly completely dismantle it and expose *every* theologically aberrant point in the whole house of cards.

And NO religious propaganda " died out in the '40s" , none. If you think so then you haven't taken a look at the " cult scene"........and yes though it will sound conceited I *am* considered in certain circles to be an expert on certain cults , though I just consider myself an informed layman.

In closing , kindly save the " bind their mouths" for the meetings at the local Stake , I for one am lloooonnnnnnnng past the time where LDS or any of it's adherents are going to muzzle me. It's been tried.....right to the Temple...get my drift?

Why don't you just let sleeping dogs alone 'eh......

B

Bluenote

@Bluenote
I, Mormonism employs many various and strict social conservative platforms within its ideology, to assume that a leader within that religion if elected President of our country will do anything to loosen the mmj laws is at best an illusion. In conclusion, don't believe the hype.......the mmj movement is much better under Obama than any other candidate that is out there with the exception of Gary Johnson and possibly Ron Paul.

Keerrrist now I got two of 'em. Care to point out WHERE I endorsed Romney or Mormonism? Maybe you better read the post I just put up before you step in it further.

And don't telly me what to believe , O'Bummer IS adn always WAS all hype , he's a freaking puppet.

And I have got to laugh yet again , I'm tired of hearing this endless crap about which Oval Office resident will be " good for MMJ" , for cripes sake is that the ONLY damn issue some of y'all see? Bloody damned shortsighted that one is.

Yeah O'Bummer has been good for MMJ , uh huh sure he has. Yup I don't know a dman thing , yup I'm blind , those raids etc are just a figment of my damn imagination.......all that after....what was it O'Bummer *originally* said on the subject?

What was it again?

And by the way , if you think the Tea Party is even remotely real Libertarian then guess again. Don't even bother attempting to argue it with me , the teaparty in Norcal has been co-opted by Neo-Cons and Big Ag.

And Paul's got *nothing* beyond a buncha rehashed , regurgitated Spooner and Rothbard that only impresses those who read the Cliff's Notes on Libertarianism. He's the LAST stop on the way to facism , a false panacea to feed to the sheep so they have the false illusion of " Freedom" until they're bleeding out.

B

Bluenote

I'd rather swallow them than watch my country consume itself as a result of**** stubborn men pretending to be patriots.******

That last that I highlighted...............best description of the clowns inside the Beltway that I've heard in eons.

B

Bluenote

Oh bullshit..........and tell you what , quit judging folks within LDS by the clowns in SLC and jerks like Romney.

I'm an EX Mormon , very . and I damn sure won't shut up about the Church when they try to muzzle me , but I also won't sit idly by and watch all the damn ills laid at the feet of the average Stake-Goers.

So becasue SDA stinks to hig Heaven of sordidness are you going toslag off all of 'em? Hows about the biggest of all the RCC?

What people such as yourself just don't seem to get is that the basic probelm isn't *religion* per se but instead it's humanities various corrupt implementations of religion , all of which set the various groups apart from the rest of humanity as " special".............all of 'em...Watchtower .LDS , SDA ,WCOG and COG , C.O.G. ( different) , the various Pentecostal sect , hardhshell Baptists.....etc.etc.....they've all got The AnswerTo The Truth.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg on the Christian ones.Not even counting the other Abrahamic religions and scads of other systems.

B

brncow

Ron Paul has a case of bad press. I don't know who he pissed off but they have been slinging shit at him ever since! If you actually go and research what they are saying, you will find a bunch of twisted nonsense that are lies and bullshit!

Perry is gone ...now maybe Texas will send the tax raising bastard back to the feed store to sack feed where he belongs! It takes 4 permits to the tune of $1k or better to open a fucking hot dog stand in Texas and the traffic tickets and DUI "surcharges" of $3k for the first one - after fines and court coats and alcohol school suck and ruin many people making them have to drive illegally with no insurance. Fuck Texas politicians! Its and hour or two across Houston...

Gary didn't get a chance...

Huntsman was washed off his surfboard by the waves

Newt the Poot is a con who would make it well with the present structure but we need a real change..

Beavis and Butthead look like brothers in the pics! Pretty boys! Great for cheerleaders to fuck but snobs and cobs to the rest of us. Fuck those war pigs! We are supposed to be all about peace but these fucked up politicians always seem to be letting their rocket launcher making friends be making big $$$$$ and people are dying as test dummies for their sick fuck products. And the pigs won't let a normal citizen buy one to try out. Fucking war pig only toys...fuckers! So fuck those mirroe gazing fuckwads!

Obunny is gone. Sorry is the best word I can think of without having TSA sweep down on me for commenting or typing on my computer. Whoops - there goes another of our rights...one a minute by this con artist bastard!

And all of the Mormon people I have met seem to be good folks. I'm sure there are some fucks as in every group. The thing I have a problem with is the Mormon religion. Shit reminds me of Superman comics. K'ael packs his son in a rocket and launches him to earth as the planet blows up as he lifts off and he lands on earth and has super powers...bullshit if you ask me...not that my interpretation is exactly right...but most religions are bullshit and veer 90 degrees away from the Great Spirit of Life. That's my God! The one that gave me life! Fuck the rest of the phony bastards! In every breath I feel him. In the gentle wind when I am alone also. Especially on a hiking trail in the mountains by Bailey,Co. He lets me get stoned without making me feel guilty like religions try to do. And so far, he hasn't asked me for money or tried to screw my children or old lady when I had one...or struck me with lightening for getting a nut with my neighbor...or laughing at dogs fucking in the lawn at city hall and stuff...

So (drum roll) the only choice even though the media hate him - which makes me like him all the more - the old one with the most experience that seems to be a gentle soul and not chickenshit like fucking Carter was - Ron Paul....voting for any of the others will likely give the one world government crowd and the religious mean muggers another step up towards total dictatorship as well as another power asshole fucking politician screwing other counties around and getting another airplane crashed into the white house or something. Notice that they always go for the WTO buildings? Of course the media always skips the obvious. The WTO must be screwing foreign countries!Duh! Ron Paul says "Leave other countries alone" and I agree with that! And although he has good intentions, about all he could get done is to audit the Fed and check the gold in Ft. Know - which we really need to be done. We really need a new accounting system with the latest and greatest computers working 24/7
giving us a monthly total of where our money is going, I suspect much is going in politicians pockets some way. Would take the profit out of the system and might help straighten up the countries finances. Later kids...grandpa is going to bed...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

ahahahhahahhahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahaa!!!!!!!

"morman"

Ron Paul for president. The only one who wants to talk about real issues time and time again, like fiat money and the gold standard, the fact the FED is not a government entity, free market economics, Letting businesses who get greedy fail... etc...

Here if you havent watched it do yoruself a favor and watch this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc3sKwwAaCU&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom