Mixed up!

• Thread starter Ladyleaf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

I’ve accidentally watered my plants with grow instead of bloom!
They’re at flowering stage with about 3 weeks to go.
Should I also be on 12/12?
First time grower :)
Thanks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve accidentally watered my plants with grow instead of bloom!
They’re at flowering stage with about 3 weeks to go.
Should I also be on 12/12?
First time grower :)
Thanks.
I'm going to assume your growing autos? If so no need to change the lighting to 12/12.

I wouldn't worry about it to much it's in there now. I feed mine grow nutes for the entire grow with a bloom booster.

Have some pics?

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

Lights off at them moment.
Here are my clones though. Changing pots tomorrow.

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

Some are starting to get burnt leaves? As soon in pics. Any ideas?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can you get pics in natural light. It's hard to tell but they look hungry.

Are these autoflower or photo period? They look like photo and not in flower yet so you have at least 8-9 more weeks

Answer these questions to the best of your ability.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When they say 8-9 week strain that's is from flip. Mean from the time you change lighting schedule to 12/12.

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

No these aren’t in flower but ready for next stage. Light on 18/6 at the moment.

Waiting on the others to be harvested before moving these.
I’ll get a photo tomorrow, they’re looking awesome!!

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

I’m not feeding these bloom only grow.
I messed up with the ones in flower by feeding the grow instead of bloom 😩

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m not feeding these bloom only grow.
I messed up with the ones in flower by feeding the grow instead of bloom 😩
And this is why I should refrain from posting until after coffee. I thought these were the plants you are posting about.

Anyhow feeding grow nutes once is not going to do any harm.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also these plants have some calcium and possibly magnesium deficiencies. I can't tell because of the light but also looks like possible nitrogen deficiency.

az2000

az2000

I notice they're sitting on the tent floor, no saucers. When you water, do you water until you get a fair amount of runoff? (Something tells me you don't. I think I see a couple containers where the soil's dark/wet in the center, but not the edges.). That could be a problem.

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

Aquaman I’m feeding them MED-TEK Coir Vega A + B shouldn’t that be enough? Or would you recommend to add something else?

az2000 yes they’re just on tent floor should I have sauces under them? I water till it overflows the top soil? Is that right?
Thankyou

az2000

az2000

az2000 yes they’re just on tent floor should I have sauces under them? I water till it overflows the top soil? Is that right?

It should flow out the bottom. There should be drain holes. You' water slowley until a little runoff. Give it a minute, pour more for 10% runoff. The idea is to saturate the soil, and perhaps wash away salt buildup. But, it comes out the bottom. There should be drain holes down there.

That's where saucers come in handy, so you don't make a big mess and have dried salts all over the floor. I use a hacksaw to cut Home Depot buckets down to 4" tall and use those as saucers for 3gal containers. I often do 20% runoff. The typical shallow saucer doesn't work well for that. You can do the same with smaller buckets (for smaller containers).

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

Oh yes they are pots with drain holes at the bottom :) only a little dropped out the bottom by the time I finish watering.
Do you have any ideas on what i could do to fix this though?

01B1E4B0 4FD1 4B15 AA09 0B95F3ED30AC
az2000

az2000

Aquaman I’m feeding them MED-TEK Coir Vega A + B shouldn’t that be enough?

Are you in coco? In another post you said you don't get much runoff. It's been my impression coco growers do a lot of runoff to keep the salts from building up. Do you ph your nutrient solution? I think that's imperative when growing in soilless.

Are you following a schedule with those nutrients? How much do you feed, how often?

Ladyleaf

Ladyleaf

No soil and perlite mixed.

5ml of A&B in 2litres every second day.

az2000

az2000

No soil and perlite mixed.

5ml of A&B in 2litres every second day.

Maybe using coco nutrients in soil is a problem?

The schedule says to feed 2ml/L of each (it's not clear if it's each, or total). You're feeding 1.25ml/L each? (which would be 5ml total for two liters?).

Usually I can find the NPK values for a product and calculate (roughly, as a sanity check) if the amounts are too strong. I can't find that info for those two bottles. Or, at least, it doesn't make sense. What I saw: A = 6.0-0.0-0.5. B=0.0-2.0-0.25. 1.25ml/L of each wouldn't amount to much ppm. The site says it should be 1.5ec (at 2ml/L, each I presume). That's 750ppm. I don't see it that way. So, I'm not understanding what I'm seeing. Maybe your fertilzer labels represent something other than percent of weight. I can't figure it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom