Mixing a and b nutes! Is this a must to....

• Thread starter Hugo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hugo

Ok, I have been out of the game for 3 years. Finally back.

I used to use gh 3 part.

I would mix a,b and c ...one at a time , in a 1000litre Rez.

I would have a 1/2 horse power pump at bottom of Rez mixing rapidly, creating a "volcano-like" mixing effect...if u know what I mean...

Plants were normally healthy

My friend uses advanced a and b. He tells me when mixing in a, he would mix in b in a seperate barell(200ltr) and transfer the diluted b into the 750 litters of mixed a....

He says that if you mix in the a, and then the b, that will cause nutrient lockout, and this is why u would see a clouding effect when adding pure b into a Rez that has already diluted a.

Is he off?

I always remembered that u can't mix a and b concentrates together directly.

Is there issue with mixing "a" into 1000litres of water that is rapidly mixing, and then measure out the b nutrient and mix that in also?

Is this friend taking total unnecessary precautions for no good reason?

Please advise...

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Ummm, totally not needed. Used many a 2 part lines and never had issues. Like you said just dont mix a and b concentrates together without dilution. I try and wait about 15 to 30 minutes in between mixing a and b to give the a part a minute to mix well.

Your buddy might be OCD or something..:)

Cheers!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Normally that won't happen when you have enough circulation. Some additives will do that like silica till its mixed well. Mixing ph up and down in the same tank will do that til mixed well. Sometimes its better to mix part b before part a.and also sometimes its best to add in additives first like silica but its not necessary.

Mixing them in seperate tanks seems like major overkill to me. If your friend has the circulation you say I'm not seeing a problem. What nutes is he using?

F

fuzzy

Ive had lockout when not adding A First in gh yrs ago.But i dont think you really have to dilute the B before adding it to the A, just make sure A is first.peace,fuzzy :banana1sv6:

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I mix my additives 1st then Connie A&B in no order maybe A then B sometimes B then A i don't even mix them 1st I add everything then mix but I only mix 4gal. At a time.. I mix additives 1st cuz I use the base only 2 bring my ppm's 2 where I want them.. I haven't had a issue yet

hiboy

hiboy

No just keep them cycling with your pumps in the rez. Make sure they are well mixed before feeding
h

Top Bottom