Mixing Abamectin

• Thread starter plantlife2012
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

plantlife2012

Hello everybody. I am trying to mix or dilute some abamectin. I know how much I am suppose to use with water but its son concentrated that most people put something else in it to. A friend of mine uses dish washing liquid. Have any of you ever used abamectin and if so how did you mix it?

pugliese63

pugliese63

Take the necessary precautions when mixing miticides, i.e. gloves, respirator, long sleeves, long pants as well as covering your head. Abamectin is extremely hazardous. As far as adding anything your friend is using the dish soap as an adjuvent. This reduces the surface tension of the water and is used as a spreader/sticker. Make sure if your using dish soap that its dish soap and not detergent. I recommend Dr. Bronners castile soap.

The use of an adjuvant when dealing with mites is very important. It increases the effectiveness of the miticide considerably. In addition to using an adjuvant I also highly recommend you set the pH of the final mix between 5.5 and 4.5. Pesticides are more effective when the pH is in this range.

The best adjuvant I've found is Indicate 5. Its a spreader/sticker that automatically sets the pH for you. Here's a link.

http://rosemania.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product40.html

As far as mixing use the best water you can get whether its RO or distilled. Add in your abamectin followed by your adjuvant. If you're using Indicate 5 it will turn pink when the pH is is correct.

Hope this was of some benefit to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom