Mixing and stirring nutrients for soil grow help

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It gets to be a lot of work adding nutes then stirring them in. I'd like to cut a few steps if possible. Currently I add to 1 gallon containers Micro then stir,Grow,stir,Bloom,stir, Kool Bloom stir, Floralicious,stir phup.stir,1/4tsp epsom salts stir......Okay for 1 or 2 bottles but I'm currently doing up to 11 gallons at a time now, its just a bit much.

Okay my question is. Do I need to stir everything separately after mixing in Micro first?

I was under the impression that if I don't add the nutes in the right order the elements won't bond together creating the complex elements the plants can absorb. Or something along those lines. . This is why we add micro first. But after that are there any steps I can avoid? Stirring is time consuming, along with slow watering of plants so they absorb the water it a lot of time I don't always have adding to screw up.

Any help would be great....thanks in advance for any help.

mancorn

mancorn

It gets to be a lot of work adding nutes then stirring them in. I'd like to cut a few steps if possible. Currently I add to 1 gallon containers Micro then stir,Grow,stir,Bloom,stir, Kool Bloom stir, Floralicious,stir phup.stir,1/4tsp epsom salts stir......Okay for 1 or 2 bottles but I'm currently doing up to 11 gallons at a time now, its just a bit much.

Okay my question is. Do I need to stir everything separately after mixing in Micro first?

I was under the impression that if I don't add the nutes in the right order the elements won't bond together creating the complex elements the plants can absorb. Or something along those lines. . This is why we add micro first. But after that are there any steps I can avoid? Stirring is time consuming, along with slow watering of plants so they absorb the water it a lot of time I don't always have adding to screw up.

Just drop a pump into your reserve and let it do the mixing for you.

Ponky

Ponky

Circulation pump. And just wait a few seconds between ingredients for them to blend.

chillywilly

chillywilly

What usually do is let's say you make a 5 gal bucket ... So let's say you premix for 5 gal in separate container with an amount of water say a quart and shake (never mix raw ingredients together) all your at time mixes, then ready your bucket and pour the mix in first then pour your water to the bucket and will fully mix with the nutes you put in... hope that helps...
cw

HighRootz

HighRootz

Get 2 5gal buckets and keep an extra gallon or two on deck. Mix accordingly to 5gal measurements and then mix a separate gallon to supplement your 11 gallons of feed/water. I do the same around my garden and got 4 5gal buckets filled with filtered water ready to mix or water when needed

mancorn

mancorn

no reserve just 1 gallon jugs,
Mixing 11 gal in 1 gal jugs is clearly your bottle neck and huge waste of time. Not sure what your time is worth, but a 5 gal bucket is $5 and chepo submersible pump is $8.

(I don’t normally use liquid ferts, but on occasion I’ll use a 55 gal drum. Just the time to fill it up is more than enough to add all your bottles. I have a hose connector on my pump outlet, so after filling I just disconnect the hose from the water source and pump the drum solution back out the hose onto the plants. It’s super easy. You actually can keep the hose connected to your pump while you fill if the pump is off. Then just turn on the pump to empty the reservoir.)

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What usually do is let's say you make a 5 gal bucket ... So let's say you premix for 5 gal in separate container with an amount of water say a quart and shake (never mix raw ingredients together) all your at time mixes, then ready your bucket and pour the mix in first then pour your water to the bucket and will fully mix with the nutes you put in... hope that helps...
cw
no that's not the question I'm asking is stirring necessary between bloom & kool bloom or grow and bloom or between adding Bloom and floralicious. what i'm getting is we add micro first because the elements attaches to the O2 but it won't if other nutes are added first.it just bounces off and therefore is not included in the complex molecules we're aiming for.

So after the micro we add Grow and what ever is in that attaches then bloom and so on but I've not heard anything about whether or not its necessary to stir in the other additives one at a time after Micro if all the elements will still now attach to the O2. The order of adding the nutes doesn't matter after Micro ( me thinks)

I go Micro/grow/bloom/ (for a for a few weeks) koolbloom/ Floralicious/ph down......If it doesn't matter after micro what order then all of the elements must attach to the molecule regardless of how they're mixed in. yes? no? huh? ....its not easy for me to get it all out right or in the correct order sometimes so If I don't make sense blame the pot.

HighRootz

HighRootz

but a 5 gal bucket is $5
Hers is a secret, you can get 5 gal buckets for free from your local big chain grocery store bakery department. Some even have holes to tie down/train if you want to make them into planters. All you have to do is ask the bakery workers if they have any empty buckets. You can also get the black buckets they use in the floral department after Valentine's/Mother's day by asking the floral workers and turn those into air pots after drilling holes.
20220615 121704
20220615 121721
20220615 121752

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hers is a secret, you can get 5 gal buckets for free from your local big chain grocery store bakery department. Some even have holes to tie down/train if you want to make them into planters. All you have to do is ask the bakery workers if they have any empty buckets. You can also get the black buckets they use in the floral department after Valentine's/Mother's day by asking the floral workers and turn those into air pots after drilling holes.View attachment 1253761View attachment 1253762View attachment 1253763

Hey don't tell everyone now where we gunna get our free stuff?! Lol j/k

Another pro-tip : Go to your local Walmart and watch their garden section - as soon as they start bringing flowers in, in April or so - ask them for their unused trays and pots - they just throw them all away - I accrued THOUSANDS of 1 gallon and smaller pots and trays, etc. just from one of the 8 local Walmarts in my area :D

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Mixing 11 gal in 1 gal jugs is clearly your bottle neck and huge waste of time. Not sure what your time is worth, but a 5 gal bucket is $5 and chepo submersible pump is $8.

(I don’t normally use liquid ferts, but on occasion I’ll use a 55 gal drum. Just the time to fill it up is more than enough to add all your bottles. I have a hose connector on my pump outlet, so after filling I just disconnect the hose from the water source and pump the drum solution back out the hose onto the plants. It’s super easy. You actually can keep the hose connected to your pump while you fill if the pump is off. Then just turn on the pump to empty the reservoir.)
no that doesn't work well for me..my water has sediment and attaches to plastic so I need to change bottles regularly, I have a big tub with a tap attached to the bottom so I can add 11 gallons stir it up then because there is no pressure on the water it takes a couple of min to fill up a watering can. Then near the bottom when there's only 3 -4 gal left lets just say its a pain.....no way its scoop time. it doesn't save time over all for me. I also have plenty of just 5 gal buckets...without holes ......it still doesn;t answer my question though

HighRootz

HighRootz

If stirring is what you want to avoid then just drop a pump and a sump as well to get that bottom of the barrel. If you want to drop a penny to avoid the stir then this is what I asked Ganja Goddess to bless me with lol

mancorn

mancorn

no that doesn't work well for me..my water has sediment and attaches to plastic so I need to change bottles regularly, I have a big tub with a tap attached to the bottom so I can add 11 gallons stir it up then because there is no pressure on the water it takes a couple of min to fill up a watering can. Then near the bottom when there's only 3 -4 gal left lets just say its a pain.....no way its scoop time. it doesn't save time over all for me. I also have plenty of just 5 gal buckets...without holes ......it still doesn;t answer my question though
Your Micro bottle should say if it needs to be added first. Ingredients like silica bond to other molecules, rendering it unavailable to the plant. But your bloom, grow, epsom salt, etc don’t make a difference. Obviously the reason you’re stirring is to make sure that the fertilizers don’t interact and are dissolved in your water before adding a different bottle - which is the right procedure. This is why everyone keeps saying to just drop a cheap pump in your filled tub so it’s mixing while you measure out each bottle and add to your tub.

And you say it takes a bunch of time to fill your 1gal. Why not just stick a 1 gal plastic milk container into your tub and it will fill in seconds. You don’t need to use the outlet.

Unless I’m missing something you have something similar to this, so not clear what question is being ask.

1BEE6177 2CAD 420A 8912 7D27DF9D1A49

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This little POS pump would do the job. $7

$7 lol you obviously haven't been to Canada recently

This is your link. I get rerouted to .ca..... I have 1 of those and my issue isn't stirring a big tub. I have a larger rectangular tub but a similar tap. I save my water in 1 gallon containers to pre heat to house temp rotating jugs regularly. 1 gallon feeds my 3 gallon pots perfectly and I stand a jug next to each plant and water a bit at a time in each pot until gone...if I don't get run off the way I like I mix another jug or 2 and give those that need it. I was just wondering about the order after Micro and if I could cut out a couple of stir steps by adding my measure of Grow then add Bloom & Kool Bloom then stir.

Top Bottom