Mixing HLG LED with 6500k Fluorescent

• Thread starter TrumanBudbank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrumanBudbank

TrumanBudbank

has anyone ever added T5’s to their grow room alongside their LED lighting?!
More blue/green, better diversity, better veg growth?!

I was thinking of leaving the LED over too and hanging two t5 dual bulb setups vertically on the sides of the plants.
Watched a couple videos of cannabis growing facilities in Holland and saw they have lights running vertically between the plants as well as lights above them.

backstory
I started this grow using a T5 6500k HO setup for two young plants. Slowly transitioned them to an HLG 100w full spectrum LED Light to get them adjusted to the HLG 260 I’ll use during flower later on. Don’t wanna use it now as the large amounts of red in this light promoted heavy stretching amongst the girls in my last run... (major harvest- these lights are NUTS)

After conducting hours and hours of research on the importance of light intensity, spectrum, diversity of such, availability, distance, etc.. ive wondered how this move would effect their growth.

I noticed a few days of shock when I transition the plants to the spectrum of LED. The old leaves weren’t accustomed to that light spectrum or intensity. So they suffered a bit. But the new growth is built for it now and is thriving.

sorry if this is all over the place... stoned

BigCube

BigCube

Nice! I do kind of the same thing but with LEDs. I supplement my 3000k quantum boards with red from mid to late flower, and blue in veg.

Top Bottom