Mixing My Own Cal Mag

• Thread starter Zakattack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

what is that about a 1 1/2 ft ? in your pics your plants look like they are veg clones that where took in flower??

Zakattack

Zakattack

what is that about a 1 1/2 ft ? in your pics your plants look like they are veg clones that where took in flower??
Yea they are clones that I got from someone. They didn't come in the best condition but I was talked into taking them before I knew what I was getting an I'm pretty much where I am now.. With regards to the purple stems on the quite widow plant. What is the best way to get that sorted?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

1 tsp of Epsom salt per gallon put in warm water then let it cool down to room temp then spray on the leafs

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

and coming from some one that is dealing with calmag bs your don't look like it to me

you getting a lot of stunting from the re veg clone as u see all them one tip leafs does this when u take a clone to late in to flower takes way longer to get back to normal

the plus side is when doing this u super crop it whit out having to do all the lst and toping bc the plant goes nuts and grows tops every where

C

Clarksville

Keeping the 400 mh light 50cm away..
Hey guys. I've had to go the route of mixing my own cal mag because I don't have the option of purchasing a product like calimagic . I have it(calcium nitrate & magnesium nitrate) in granular form. I am working off a table that instructs me to put 1tsp of calimagic in 1gallonn of water.

How do I go about mixing the cal an mag in water and then adding it to my nutrient mix. I'm using the tri nutrients (micro, gro, bloom)

Thanks
Hey man I'm currently in dock but used to be a regular on RIU, do me a favour as content block stops me getting on the site!!! Go to my old thread, new UK growers or summat I called it, let them know I'm still alive! Anyway trust me on this as I have used this mix for many years! 100g mag n 300g cal to a gallon of warm water assuming its nitrate and you'll be cool, mix them separately
Hey guys. I've had to go the route of mixing my own cal mag because I don't have the option of purchasing a product like calimagic . I have it(calcium nitrate & magnesium nitrate) in granular form. I am working off a table that instructs me to put 1tsp of calimagic in 1gallonn of water.

How do I go about mixing the cal an mag in water and then adding it to my nutrient mix. I'm using the tri nutrients (micro, gro, bloom)

Thanks

C

Clarksville

Hey guys. I've had to go the route of mixing my own cal mag because I don't have the option of purchasing a premixed product like calimagic . I have it(calcium nitrate & magnesium nitrate) in granular form. I am working off a table that instructs me to put 1tsp of calimagic into each 1gallonn of water.

How do I go about mixing the cal an mag in water and then adding it to my nutrient mix. I'm using the tri mix nutrients (micro, gro, bloom)

Also my growing medium is made up of 50% coco and 50% perlite.

Thanks
Hey man its easy trust me on this but do me a favour? You want 150g cal and 50g mag nitrate to a gallon. Mix them seperate in Luke warm RO water or distilled if you can't get RO but make sure your total liquid is only 4 litres max. I mix mine 1 litre at a time then add 2/litres of plain water. It'll work fine at 1ml-2ml per litre but remember it's roughly 2-0-0 so you're feeding N along with your other shit! Are you on RIU forums?

C

Clarksville

Hey man its easy trust me on this but do me a favour? You want 150g cal and 50g mag nitrate to a gallon. Mix them seperate in Luke warm RO water or distilled if you can't get RO but make sure your total liquid is only 4 litres max. I mix mine 1 litre at a time then add 2/litres of plain water. It'll work fine at 1ml-2ml per litre but remember it's roughly 2-0-0 so you're feeding N along with your other shit! Are you on RIU forums?
Basically 3cal to 1mag but obviously check ec when you use it, the 150 & 50 combined mix is best for tap water but I use the 300/100 and about 1ml per litre RO, never had issues! I'm in a UK holiday camp at moment but go on google search canna ab homemade recipe coco and go down a few posts, he's got the mix right but wrong way round its 3-1 in my experience! Good luck

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

with coco there is stuff living in the soil that u have to feed so u don't want to give straight water

u want to do like full doss then 1/4 then full and so on

also never let it dry out fully
Your explanation on why not to feed straight water, that doesn't sound right at all. Soil is full of life. I understand that yes you never do feed plain water. Not sure of the exact reasoning. Could you post your fact findings please? I would love to be straightened out.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

if u know plz share if u thinking im wrong u have something u thinking and that is???

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

if u know plz share if u thinking im wrong u have something u thinking and that is???
LOL alright I asked if you could provide any evidence. Seems not. I will use my Google foo to find out the real answer lol brb

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

its bc coco has no nute in to feed the life in it so if u give just water the mico don't have any food soil dirt as u said has tons of stuff in it where coco don't so the life has nothing to feed on and dies

same for the plant it used all that nute up so fast so if u don't keep feeding u will get stunted for def in the plant

Last edited:
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

its bc coco has no nute in to feed the life in it so if u give just water the mico don't have any food soil dirt as u said has tons of stuff in it where coco don't so the life has nothing to feed on and dies
Google foo isn't working well today. I was just wanting to know the scientific explanation, what it does to the roots etc. Something about it shocking the roots when there is no nutrients readily available. I'm a very against misinformation, which surrounds this industry quite abit, that is why I am always asking questions and skeptical. I believe you have some of that right yes, just like seeing the bigger picture when it comes to plants and how they work together. I will look up coco in my Jorge Cervantes Cannabis Encyclopedia tonight and see if I can find anything.

Edit: last post, sorry for that. Got to go play with the kid

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

all I really know first hand is do not let the coco dry out

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I give mine 5ml/gal of gh micro and grow never more than 7.5mlgal of each along with 5ml/gal of calimagic calmag until two weeks or so into flower until they stop stretching. Then I switch to micro and bloom at the same rates, starting low at 5 ml and working up as I watch the plants response.
I follow this schedule up intil the trichs are mostly cloudy and the lower fan leaves start to turn color and then give them straight un phed water for one or two weeks, however long I can wait.

Zakattack

Zakattack

I've read elsewhere that I have to add 5g of calcium nitrate to a gallon. Your 150g/gallon is 30 times more then that. Are you sure on your amounts?

Zakattack

Zakattack

I suppose there is
and coming from some one that is dealing with calmag bs your don't look like it to me

you getting a lot of stunting from the re veg clone as u see all them one tip leafs does this when u take a clone to late in to flower takes way longer to get back to normal

the plus side is when doing this u super crop it whit out having to do all the lst and toping bc the plant goes nuts and grows tops every where
I suppose there is one upside to it then. Hoping they grow out nice and bushy eventually. Those photos are taken after 9days in the lights.. The one is doing really well.. Gona grab some Epsom salt today to spray on the leaves of the white widow. Is that the correct method for foliac feeding? Just mix it in the quantity u mentioned and spray it onto the leaves?

Top Bottom