Mixing nutes and PH'd water, should i let it sit for a while?

• Thread starter magick81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

magick81

Hi everyone,

Lately, I have been growing in coco and loving it :D I was gonna post in the coco forum, but think its probably better in this one. Mod's please move if its in the wrong section :)

Anyways, I have pretty much figured out my formula for mixing 15 litres of water, nute ph'd solution.

First off, I have a small water pump to aid in the mixing. To mix I use a chef's whisk, stainless steel i think.

Anyways, should I be letting the solution sit for a while and retest before watering? I usually leave it for about a half hour with the water pump running to continually mix it, is it enough, should i let it sit longer, or is it pretty much good to go after my first mixing?

I'm using an EC and PH meter, pen type tester.

Cheers
DrMagickzX

R

rickisonline

I like to let mine "rest" for awhile after mixing to make sure there are no reactions taking place or that any reaction has ended. It has saved some funk being pushed through my rez and in to the system, particularly when mixing a new product or general screw ups from not paying attention. Ho hum hahaha

I usually let mine rest for about an hour, plus a rez change with fresh water requires me to allow it to set for awhile to warm up a bit. I've had some ph swings just from the warming.

M

magick81

Thanks, I used to let it sit for about half an hour and the readings would come out the same. Though sometimes i would test it a few days later and the PH is a little bit higher. So is that from the change in water temp?
How interesting :D

sog1313

sog1313

i let mine sit for as long as it takes for me to scrub out their buckets, about 15-20 mins. I find that if you are using a compatible line of nutes the pH should stay fairly stable after mixing. it is a good idea to check though before adding it back, you never know.

K

kes5480

some ph meters adjust to the temp of the water but the cheap ph testers dont and the ph will change as the water gets to room temp. so just mak sure u kno wat u got fora ph meter.

manitoid.

manitoid.

Using Lucas formula in DWC I also just mix and feed. I do tend to check EC/PH levels a few times over the next few hours to make sure nothing is happening, but I haven't seen any changes ever. It's the same level 3 hours after I mix it.

Top Bottom