• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

When you guys mix nutes...

1. What order do you add nutes?

2. When do you add root zone products?

3. What ppm do you use of each ( to get to the magic 350 UCveg ppm?)

If I am not asking the right questions, tell me what the right questions are, PUH LEEZE!

I used Ionic and Oxidate. I added Oxidate to 50ppm and then brought the solution to 350 with the Ionic. It didn't work well for me.

I'm looking for good guidlines for mixing nutes for the UC...

TIA

and Merry Christmas!

Fuck....its really christmas morning and I am thinking about UnderCurrent..

i

H

hogan400

BH, merry christmas
add cal mag.
add nutes. even parts if dmaster gold
add zone.

let mix 15-30 min in top off before next addition and 350 isnt really the end all number. Just a place to start. could be too high for your strains?
Mine liked 300 at first then I slowly got em to 460 after 2 weeks. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Also I read ionic was bad ass in the uc, but I hated it. Maybe my strains didnt like it? Or maybe the veg formula that came with my 2 uc's was left in the sun for like 12 months!! Either way mine were bad after testing to their started ppm in r.o water. After 2 weeks of no progress in my veg tray and uc I tried dm and boom... things started rocking along outside my stem damage on a few ladies from rapid rooter plugs.

ttystikk

ttystikk

1. I run the Jacks Hydroponic, and the instructions are clear; add calcium containing nutrients last. I think this is because of hardwater issues, but between this and diluting my nutrients before I put them in my system, I've eliminated nutrient lockout/flocculation issues in my setup.

2. For root zone issues, I run my water at 62-64 degrees F. That's been the consistent cure for root rot problems. When I do a water changeout, I add DM Zone at 1ml/gallon, but that's the only time I add it. I also add Superthrive, and that's the extent of my additives at the moment. If it's not broken, no sense fixing it.

3. PPM measurement standards vary between nutrient manufacturers and instrument makers. The problem is that there is no agreed upon conversion. The basic measurement is EC, and that's what I'd migrate to if I were you, to eliminate confusion- or worse. For veg I run .4-.6 EC, and for flower I run up to 1.6 EC in my RDWC systems.

Z

Zensai

I only mix nutes in my Top Off tank. When its a new week and the additives change. I drain out any excess water/nutes usually its empty or maybe a few gallons. I rinse out my topoff tank, then I fill around 100g of 0 ppm RO water.

Here is the order of what I use.

100g Top Off
800+ GPH Pump mixing (pull the pump when I'm done)
200ml CalMag
Add in desired A, mix for 10min, then add B mix for 10min
pH to 5.4 (System always settles to 6.1 to 6.2)
40ml Drip Clean
100ml DM Zone
300-500ml of Silica (Depends on Strain and Cycle)
additives at 100%

The rest of this particular room is 6 sites 13g 40" Centers, 6000w Horizontal
Day temps are 85, Humid 65%, Night temps are 70, co2 is 1500 to 900 (depending on cycle)
Water temps stay at 67

G

GeneticFreak

Ok so I just did a full water change and im going to set up my top off res when my lights come back on. Just so im clear my top off res should have a bit stronger nutrient scheme in it as to slowly bring up the ppm in the system? Until desired ppm and ec is reached of course. How often and how do you add h202 and zone? Does it go straight into the epi or into the top off? How ofter if ever do you do a full change out?

G

growgrow

Gf,
I add 35% h202 every 4 days @ 1.5 mpg directly in epi (diluted of course) and I keep my topoff res with 2 mpg from start of nutes. I havnt had any probs.

Grow!

G

GeneticFreak

Gf,
I add 35% h202 every 4 days @ 1.5 mpg directly in epi (diluted of course) and I keep my topoff res with 2 mpg from start of nutes. I havnt had any probs.

Grow!

Grow,
What do you mean by "I keep mytopoff res with 2 mpg from the start of nutes"? 2mpg of h2o2? Do you use zone? How would you add that if you do and how often?
Thanks, GF

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Ok so I just did a full water change and im going to set up my top off res when my lights come back on. Just so im clear my top off res should have a bit stronger nutrient scheme in it as to slowly bring up the ppm in the system? Until desired ppm and ec is reached of course. How often and how do you add h202 and zone? Does it go straight into the epi or into the top off? How ofter if ever do you do a full change out?

We top off with RO.

G

growgrow

sorry gf... was a lil lit.... i added zone at 1mpg at original filling of UC w/ ro n nutes.... but for my top off which feeds my next weeks nutes, i put 2 ml per gal. i havent added zone directly to the epi since the beginning... they get more as they eat theyre drinking like 10-15 gals daily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom