Mixing Oil and Kief efficiently - Opinions

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

globe_toker

Hey,

I usually mix my kief with oil, just preference and all the patients enjoy it. On a medium scale though its becoming harder with my current technique to completely mix the kief into the oil (achieve full saturation). I'll mix the two together at about 10% to 90% kief. or 15% oil/85% kief. Anyways, mixing about a lb. at once is starting to take a while and I'm finding what I'm doing might be ineffecient.

I'll first start out by mixing the full amount of oil, say 2 oz. with about 4 oz of kief. Once the kief has been fully saturated i'll start adding more and more. Mixing it in more with puddy knives and such. By the time all the kief is mixed in it gets alot harder to mix everything.
So I'm looking for some tips. Working the material in under a hot plate helps a bit.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I do 60/40

Get it hot and mushy and knead it....thats the only way I know how.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

it is too hot to touch....I got a stiff blade paint scraper

jyip

jyip

yep, that oil gets hot,, i had alil piece stick to my finge as i was trying to dunka chunk on my nail, and it melted alil,like bacon grease and hurt alot,b careful

Mustard

Mustard

I have taken my kief and laid it onto parchment paper then crumbled the oil up and spread it across the kief or hash at at 3:1 (kief:oil). Then pressed it with A mason jar full of boiled water. Put it into the freezer and crumbled into small pieces and repeated until one smooth consistency.

Worked great but I didn't do a pound it was probably only a couple oz i can't remember

Graywolf

Graywolf

I sprinkle the kif into the oil while it is sitting in a hot bath, and stir it in, but we have never made it in huge batches.

I use a similar technique to make Super Cannabuttons, where a mixture of finely ground bud, is mixed with oil, and then compressed into buttons in a hydraulic press.

squiggly

squiggly

A heat gun might help. If it was me, I'd do this in a very large double boiler.

Latest posts

Top Bottom