• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Last nights game a heartbreaker..
Todays Dodger game postponed so it's hash tokes then naptime
Tonight will be a great game 2 Giants at Cubs...
Playoffs

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
No way, we got Bum on the mound at home tomorrow. Maybe a come from behind sweep. :)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
We have been here before right Giant fans?

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Bum is a tough pitcher, should be a good game tomorrow.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I thought I was gonna stroke out last night. Hats off to Rizzo for not swinging wildly and striking out again... His demeanor set the tone as we FINA quit swinging for the fences, and decided to just put the ball in play...
We got beat by the Mets last year with the same attitude. 1 more inning of that and it might have been a tough pill to swallow today...

We need to get Rizzo going if we gonna even compete for a ring.... Cubs fan for 45 yrs.... Sandburg and Billy boy Buckner...
We fought for this, we deserve this, it is our destiny...
BUT WE STILL GOT TO PLAY THE GAME.....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Last nights game a heartbreaker..
Todays Dodger game postponed so it's hash tokes then naptime
Tonight will be a great game 2 Giants at Cubs...
View attachment 638980
I'm a cubs fan so I'm thrilled of course. But I feel for you because 1. You guys deserved to win that game.2. Dude has NEVER PITCHED that well in his life.. Should of left him in. 3. Head coach made some glaring mistakes. Several of the them in the 9th.

But on your behalf, you have enjoyed several post seasons, and now please be kind enough to let us have our turn. ..especially since all we have is Trump and Clinton, we need a feel good knock the monkey off our back,,, storyline. ...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Not a sore lose. Go cubs!!
They deserved the win, the Cubbies, both teams played hearts out..
Have been a Giants fan since I can remember 50 plus years..
But now GO CUBS!!!!!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
My dad and I were at this game..
Giants pitcher Juan Marichal had hit two Dodgers batters with brushback throws. Dodgers pitcher Sandy Koufax disliked retaliation and only threw a very high pitch over the head of Willie Mays. When Marichal came up to bat later, Koufax apparently had no interest in retaliation directly against Marichal, but Marichal felt that Dodgers catcher Johnny Roseboro was interested, as he claimed Roseboro was returning Koufax's pitches dangerously close to Marichal's head and had clipped his ear with one throw after dropping the ball on the ground. As Marichal and Roseboro began to argue, Marichal (#27) hit the Dodgers catcher on the head with his bat. A bench-clearing brawl ensued. Giants infielder Tito Fuentes (#26) also threatened to wield a bat, but did not use it. The fight was broken up by peacemakers Willie Mays of the Giants and Koufax of the Dodgers. Mays helped the badly bleeding (but not severely injured) Roseboro off the San Francisco field. Roseboro and Marichal eventually became close friends up until Roseboro's death in 2002. Marichal spoke at his funeral. Actor and performance artist Roger Guenver Smith performed his one-man show on the incident, "Juan and John," at the Public Theater in Manhattan in December 2009. Roseboro's daughter, Morgan Fouch Roseboro, attended the debut

Way cool tho that they became friends...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not a sore lose. Go cubs!!
They deserved the win, the Cubbies, both teams played hearts out..
Have been a Giants fan since I can remember 50 plus years..
But now GO CUBS!!!!!
You guys played with heart! 3-1 series doesn't even explain how good of a series this was. We were tied up and whipped for 8 innings with out a doubt. That is why I say it's our destiny... cause we shouldn't of won, and facing Q again was probably not gonna turn out good. The story line would be totally different today. .. imo...

Top Bottom