mmc contracts?

• Thread starter muchacho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

LOL...it may look good on TV but ive yet to meet anyone that enjoyed operating a 40 light grow getting paid for a 4 light grow.

Well In oregon if your operating a grow of any size you get paid as if you arent growing at all. No compensation for time allowed by law. Only reimburse for cost of meds. 0% profit margin.

You guys live in candyland and are bitching about getting paid 50k+ a year for a job that doesnt even require a formal education.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

lol I guess. Is there an outdoor grow scene in colorado? I would work as an intern for a season to proove I'm not a complete dumbass. Any co-op guys lookin to exploit a strong young man with 6 years experience for a season in exchange for a job next season?

Skummy

Skummy

Haha funny how everyone from the outside looking in still have the ”Dream” of getting paid.Big $$ for growing.....
Come down be my guest grow someones warehouse and get done dirty just like the best of em... This business is alot more cut throat then you think....
I speak from experience every type of deal ive made any mmc or person involved with a mmc has ended up shady not including setting up and running a family owned grow only to be locked out when everything was on the way to success...

shit isnt all that it seems out here just sayin

T

triangle kush

Well In oregon if your operating a grow of any size you get paid as if you arent growing at all. No compensation for time allowed by law. Only reimburse for cost of meds. 0% profit margin.

You guys live in candyland and are bitching about getting paid 50k+ a year for a job that doesnt even require a formal education.

Why in the hell would you operate a grow for free? My time is worth money, even without your so called "formal education". :rolleyes:

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

um...no...no they dont.

So you are saying they were not being truthful ?
It was owners telling me not employee's.
I didn't say all mmc's pay that most places don't pay shit because there product reflects there yearly income.
How much do you think growers for mmc's make a year on average?
A wise man once said.
YOU CUT YOUR OWN DEAL.

Skummy

Skummy

So you are saying they were not being truthful ?
It was owners telling me not employee's.
I didn't say all mmc's pay that most places don't pay shit because there product reflects there yearly income.
How much do you think growers for mmc's make a year on average?
A wise man once said.
YOU CUT YOUR OWN DEAL.

Yeah just because the owner says he pays that much means he is telling the truth?
The owners are the worst ones in most cases... They are not dumb why not have someone work in.hopes of a big pay day and then.just lock em out... Its called free labor and im sure there is alot more of it going on then you think....

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Why in the hell would you operate a grow for free? My time is worth money, even without your so called "formal education". :rolleyes:
Because there are people dying and suffering on they're way out and in my youth and exuberance I can do the hard work required to ease these peoples last days on earth. I do the work that people who can afford to do it dont have the time to do because they are out making money. There are some well off folk with big hearts out there and I help those people help sick people.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It's really hard for people to understand how it really works in the MMJ biz, especailly those that have no idea at all how it works...it is a business, plain and simple, no benevolent weed biz for the sick in any way...if you want to blow out your garage/basement/warehouse with all its expenses and hassles only to give it away to the less able or fortunate...more power to ya...but thats not what this is at all, its a job, its a business, its how people make a living, and how other line their pockets

You think the seed biz is shady...lol...you aint seen nothin yet

Owners tell people all the time they are paying big bucks.....thats the golden carrot....go find a real grower workin for them gettin paid anywhere near that and not gettin screwed...good luck with that....that is pretty much the standard pitch right now, you just show up a couple times a week, supervise the grow, everybody else does the work, and you get paid the big bucks....I swear they should be military recruiters, hell maybe they are...lol...oh and you may get paid once or twice but then you are expendable for the most part in the eyes of the owners and your not goin to get paid, your goin to get your gear jacked, and then locked out of your grow cuz your just a worker bee....thats how it works alot of the time out here..what a bunch great guys those despensary owners/hustlers.....the whole thing is a hustle/shakedown from top to bottom

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It's the absolute truth, TK. People just want to get high, and business owners just want to get rich.

outwest

sky high

sky high

And...unless I'm wrong or something has changed radically.... the thought/idea/statement BH made that the owners would take more heat and charges than the lowly guy trimming or watering or cleaning up the grow is WRONG.

>>>IF<<< the house of cards falls...EVERYONE involved would be charged with the same "Conspiracy to Manufacture a Controlled substance" charge...amongst other charges...'cus...well...there are >always< other charges when you go down hard.....

needless to say...just 'cus you have a hose in yer hand and are >merely< watering the plants doesn't mean it won't be shoved up yer ass for a looksee with the owner/rest of the perps involved in the crime at hand....

if you gave your name/info to the State under 1284....you iz on the list.....period.

Skummy

Skummy

People dont realize we all lived the so called dream that was just all a nightmare....
And then they wonder why all the best growers go back underground...

Some of these centers cry about paying for genetics and clean cuts let alone paying those 6 digit numbers to a grower haha

I been growing before this shit and will be here long after doing the same thing....

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Likewise skummy......It's crazy the best growers I know have all been screwed out of their position sooner or later.

I got lawyers and sued the fucks. They cut me off, the day I started flowering my second round of 24kw undercurrents. I've shared my lawyer with a few growers, and know for a fact that most everyone wasn't making much more than 50-80k a year at best.

Oregon has fucked laws for med. The whole scene is fucked if you ask me. Non-profit growing, 2 oz a month to each patient for free....That was shit, so I got the fuck outta there.

Most of the time people are getting paid an equivalent of around 1/6 of what they produce, if their lucky ......figure those numbers out......

as skummy said all the best go back underground....I only know one good grower still doing the mmc thing, and their product has gotten worse and worse.

I lost genetics, time, money, tears, blood and sweat. They threatened to call the cops on me for having excess meds due to them paying me my final commission in nug. Had to return it all and get lawyer-ed up. I had no crops out of my personal grows because I was to busy taking care of their grows. They stole oil from me, undermined me, learned my system and swooped on it.

This place is still kicking to...can only hope they go back to cali...

sky high

sky high

TK always puts it out there "as it is". Respect.

Not to say that such a viewpoint (it's about business, not medicine) is what the PUBLIC believes/knows MMJ to be...or what they voted in when they passed these laws to allow individuals who qualify with certain ailments to grow/medicate at home.... but it IS what the long-term growers/dope dealers have made it out to be over time. (more "as it is"....)

I'm amazed the Gov't (State) has played into it/has helped to change the intent of the original law itself from an individual right to a business scheme, but it is what it is @ this point in time.

Where it goes from here...nobody knows. The only constant truly is...change.

be safe, all...

s h

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Kinda of sucks more for the worker bee if the feds roll in because the owners will have money to lawyer up and all you'll have is the promise of riches, no gear, no ownership/vested interest, no keys and especially no money...

As an industry, it has to have the highest turn over rate than any other out there..like strippers or car dealers...lol owners are the biggest crack up, they think because they have watched you do a flip or two and it just looked sooooooo easy that they don't need you anymore, they'll take over, after building their reputation on your work, your out on your ass......kind of like watchin the quick lube guy change your oil and then thinkin you can tune a race car now, how hard can it be..lol

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

There is no protection from the feds for anyone... Federally illegal is federally illegal... If you get rolled by the feds in a warehouse that is full of plants you can bet your ass you are going down for it... So are the owners, but it will be obvious that you are the one cultivating the plants...

And Trust me on this one, working for a shop sucks! I started one, brought all my gear and genetics in (genetics that I have had for years and worked really hard at selecting from hundreds of seeds) and things were great for a while... Then shit hit the fan, the state came in and made it really hard to make any money and regulated the shit out of it... I ended up getting out of the company but in the process had to hand over all my genetics to the center because of all the laws and cameras and MMED looking up our asses... I got cuts of all my shit that I had worked on so hard, but the center got all of them for nothing and they have no idea what they are doing anymore...

And in CO, you can't sell to centers so there is no profit in that either... Everything is regulated by the MMED and the regulations are pretty strict... You guys don't even realize what you give up by getting licensed by the state and going to work for a MMC... It is unreal and nowhere near as much of a "dream job" as everyone thinks...

sky high

sky high

the dream was realized before the MMC's came online. WHY anyone felt the need to take it all public and flaunt it via dispensaries and warehouse grows...other than just being greedy selfish bastards.....is beyond me.

Thankfully, karma will sort it all out eventually....as always....

s h

S

SoCoMMJ

As an industry, it has to have the highest turn over rate than any other out there..like strippers or car dealers..

Like any other business, it depends on the owners and management. In the last 3 years with 10+ employees we have never lost a worker. If you take care of your people, they will hang with you.

Part of the problem is that dispensaries had either:
an owner that was a grower with no business acumen
or
a business professional that had no idea how to grow marijuana.

We were lucky enough to have both essential skills in hand...an unlikely combination.
I do have to say that if you can run a dispensary, you can run any other business with total ease. It's that difficult.

Top Bottom