• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budhog

A California gun dealer uses federal loophole to discriminate

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
To ask that question violates your 5th amendment rights!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, I don't know what's up with this statement:
Yet marijuana is a controlled substance under federal law, while Vicodin and OxyContin are not.
But that is patently UNtrue. Those are two highly controlled substances. So now I'm incredulous about the rest of the reporting, how accurate is it?

Violation of 5th Amendment rights? Here is the text for your perusal.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Mmm... I'm not so sure that this is applicable in this case. It does seem a violation to select out only MMJ users of all other drug users.

It seems to me, though, that as a business licensed to operate in the State of California then the onus is on the business owner to operate in accordance to state laws. However, gun shops are unique as I believe they are overseen and regulated also by the feds.

Seems to me the simplest solution is for MMJ users to not identify themselves. This is how I operate in the outside world.

Blaze

Blaze

It states VERY CLEARLY on the application to buy a firearm, that if you use cannabis, you CANNOT PURCHASE A FIREARM. This goes for ANY depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any controlled substance.

If you answer "yes" to this question and willingly identify yourself as a cannabis user to the federal government, then you are an idiot and should not own a gun to begin with!

budfriend

budfriend

It is againest the law to incriminate your self per the constitution, so you do not have to say you use cannibus even if it is a lie.

Z

Zeldar

Can't really blame the store owner...he has to protect his own interests as well, doubt anybody wants trouble with the ATF.

R

radical farmer

Any business can refuse anyone for any reason... Doesn't mean its GOOD business, but it certainly is true. If they feel that they don't want to serve whites/blacks then they do not have too, unfortunatly.

G

Gro

not to start shit but,i live in the redding area.i personally know both the gun store owner and the purchaser.the store owner is anti mj,but in this case that doesn't make him the bad guy.the purchaser filled out the ap the way he did to instigate a fight.he is with ca.normal and is not the best guy for the job.ca.normal is there to fight for us,but this guy starts conversations with bombs not words.there is going to be a re-election of the c.n.positions in our area soon and i can't wait to elect competent individuals.

we need thoughtful and intelligent individuals to represent the m.j.community so all of u in the redding area show up and vote.i'll be there with a serious crew to make sure the good work gets done!

free the leafs.

Top Bottom