MMJ staffing companies?? What's your take

• Thread starter OldStageCoach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Killerapplesauc

take that job and shove it

Don't know anything about cannacounsel cannastaff ect.. and really don't want too but I do know temp agencies. Business love them because the get skilled labor at a fraction of the price (which in turn hurts the worker) they are also better suited at hiring people that shouldn't be in the country anyway (Which REALLY hurts legal workers) if you get my drift the only people that get paid well is the temp agency itself not the worker I say avoid at all cost and if I had a say I would ban them completely.

C

CannaCounsel

HC - We are sorry for any experience with any person in our companies that isn't great. We will work harder to make sure no one else has to feel how you do. We will continue to do our best to sort through the flames and find constructive criticism. If you want the opportunity to sit down with me personally, one on one, I will take the time out of any day and I will take in every single grievance you have and give you distinct feedback on how we are addressing your concerns going forward. I am saying thank you for making us better.

1) We share an office with other companies to save money (nobody has cashed in, you know that if you've seen us). We do share the good and the bad, sorta like roommates, and I feel strongly that you shouldn't have to deal with the issues you mentioned. We will work to correct it.

2) Please google the cost of employing someone. You will find all sorts of information not coming from us and the % of pay and other items. Please understand that only a handful of centers can pay $20/hr for trim (they are not our clients), most are offering $10/hr to the company or less. Calculate that with the information you find on Google, and you will see that we are currently lucky to make a couple pennies. See #1 above, nobody has cashed in.

3) To anyone here, please share what you would like to see. It's easy to come in here and blast us, or me, negativity is the easy part. Building something, and admitting that there will always be imperfections, and asking for criticism and help, and giving honest and positive feedback - that's the hard part.

H

HighCreek

i did come off a little harsh and did indeed edit my orig post but i can see you decided to re-post on it anyway. ;)

C

CannaCounsel

^^ I tried to write individually but am not allowed to send directly yet, and it was early this morning but was just added/approved. Thank you for the edit and sentiment. We really are committed to ensuring a more pleasing experience, and I will personally give of my time if you are willing to discuss. [removed] and I will receive it.

R

Rednick

(nobody has cashed in, you know that if you've seen us). .
That's Tipton's favorite line! Ha-ha.
marketingwail.jpg

Good luck with the endevour.
Just curious, how much is hand trimmed, how much is machine trimmed?
What machines employed?
:harvest:

K

Killerapplesauc

It was my understanding that "business's" are in the "business" to make money wonder how you stay in "business" if you only get a couple of pennies per employee. Smells fishy to me the industry is legal what is to stop them from posting in the help wanted section of the newspaper.

T

The420Deal

I don't understand what is fishy? They offer a service that helps the Medical Marijuana centers legitimize payroll and stay compliant. I don't see anything fishy about that? Am i missing something

G

GrapeStreet

Meh, seems like a natural reaction to a surfacing market. Legitimization of the industry has opened the doors for other facets to form. Some of these will be beneficial, others, a detriment.

Oaksterdam is unionizing. Franchise shops are growing. These may be good or bad things, probably both.

The market will evolve.

K

Killerapplesauc

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=551505

I don't understand what is fishy? They offer a service that helps the Medical Marijuana centers legitimize payroll and stay compliant. I don't see anything fishy about that? Am i missing something

If your running a business and you can't do that yourself and have to outsource that should say something right their.

R

Rednick

Not so much fishy as just abunch of assholes like yourself that see green and then try to capitalize on the compassion of our community.
There is a right way to do things and there is a wrong way.
Mucking up a grower site with all your commercial bullshit, because you are too cheap to pay for the adverts properly is fucking annoying.

Perhaps you/they should work for a McDonalds franchise...There is absolutely no creative drive needed. Just follow the book and make money.
:evilgrin0040:

R

Rednick

If your running a business and you can't do that yourself and have to outsource that should say something right their.

I agree it is hard to find good help, but really?
@20 hr you can find a lot of ppl willing to work 60+ hrs a week.

Fuck go to Ready Labor for some Mexicans at 10/hr, put them in the van, put on shade glasses, unload in the garage, tell them not to say anything and have plenty of Coronas handy...B.C. Style w/ an American twist.
:harvest:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I don't have a problem with the industry legitimizing itself, and "niche" occupations coming in, such as pro-trimmers, clean up crews, etc.

The main problem I see though is greed. Every businessman in the state is trying to come up with some kind of secondary industry to get rich off of without actually doing the hard work. Its like the groupies are trying to make it rich off the hard labor of the long time rockers just from swinging off our jocks.

Sorry, but I see most of these consulting companies as people that want to make $$$$ off our industry without actually putting in the hard work to grow it. Hey, if you don't have good knowledgeable growers, what industry is there really? Same story, everyone wants the money, everyone thinks weed is "cool", but only a select few are ready and willing to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty.

I

IVIars

Temp agencies are a rip off 95% of the time. The agency charges double to the company while the worker only gets half. And 95% of the time the worker isnt productive at anything. I can understand not cashing in when youre getting your business up and running, but i really dont think youre going to do this for free cause its fun

M

mdTHC420

its damn easy to make money on the backs of skilled labor that is hard pressed for a job in this economy.

G

GrapeStreet

Do you know what kind of work it takes to run a small scale commercial MMC? Do you know how much is produced regularly? Do you know the average investment capital of a MMC? Do you know how many hours of work it takes to run a retail business and a manufacturing facility at the same time, all while making time to help lobby the politicians to try and save the industry you've invested so much in?

Doesn't leave much time to do what 10 focused workers take 10 hours to do weekly while maintaining the rest of the operation...

Not so much fishy as just abunch of assholes like yourself that see green and then try to capitalize on the compassion of our community.
There is a right way to do things and there is a wrong way.
Mucking up a grower site with all your commercial bullshit, because you are too cheap to pay for the adverts properly is fucking annoying.

Perhaps you/they should work for a McDonalds franchise...There is absolutely no creative drive needed. Just follow the book and make money.
:evilgrin0040:
You ignore 600 ads a day, now cuz it's about weed, you're all hotty? In any burgeoning marketplace, you will see an ebb of exposure marketing, and heavy competition until the market stabilizes.

As the governments keep changing the laws on us, it's not stabilizing very quickly (In Colorado, At Least). In fact, it's exacerbating the situation, drawing out the instability and legislating a false balance scenario.

I don't have a problem with the industry legitimizing itself, and "niche" occupations coming in, such as pro-trimmers, clean up crews, etc.

The main problem I see though is greed. Every businessman in the state is trying to come up with some kind of secondary industry to get rich off of without actually doing the hard work. Its like the groupies are trying to make it rich off the hard labor of the long time rockers just from swinging off our jocks.

Sorry, but I see most of these consulting companies as people that want to make $$$$ off our industry without actually putting in the hard work to grow it. Hey, if you don't have good knowledgeable growers, what industry is there really? Same story, everyone wants the money, everyone thinks weed is "cool", but only a select few are ready and willing to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty.

Probably very true. But it is a recession, and cannabis is the #1 cash crop in the country...what did you think was going to happen? I'm all for legislating a "organic-economic" model, forbidding franchising, inter-state ownership and employment, inter-state sales. Sure, it's a localized product, and it does a lot of good for the communities that maintain control of the product, and I want it to stay that way. But assuming it's all going to be the same as it was in the 90's is asking too much.

The game's changed, and now that the threat of litigation has been dampened by the medical industry, the product doesn't have as much capital value. The deflation of value comes as the opportunities for cooperation and outsourcing becomes a real option.

If you like it the old way, vote for prohibition, it's the only way to keep the market free, is to keep it black.

its damn easy to make money on the backs of skilled labor that is hard pressed for a job in this economy.

Too true. Many of the MMJ employees are working because they have few other options.

Nature's Kiss Dispensary on Broadway (famous for their mold and mites on buds) makes employees work for free for at least a month before they hire them...illegal, yes, but then, it's Nature's Kiss, not much about that place is legal.

M

mdTHC420

Do you know what kind of work it takes to run a small scale commercial MMC? Do you know how much is produced regularly? Do you know the average investment capital of a MMC? Do you know how many hours of work it takes to run a retail business and a manufacturing facility at the same time, all while making time to help lobby the politicians to try and save the industry you've invested so much in?

yeah, i also know the profit margins on things like self produced meds, kief, and hash. the laws have really fucked those with skills that actually need jobs to survive

sky high

sky high

If the Centers/those who are "licensed" under the 1284 scheme think it is tough NOW.... wait until the State-mandated MONOPOLY they are enjoying at present has expired.

Up until now it's been a "fixed" game of musical chairs where >everyone< has a chair.

soon the chairs will start to disappear. (or more players will be added...same thing)

s h

R

Rednick

:music You know what this is Grapestreet?
It's the world's smallest violin, playing a song for all the poor MMCs out there that are learning the hard way.

Enjoy your monopoly while it lasts, 'cause if your bitching about how hard harvesting is, just wait till flood gates open, the price crashes and operations like Moonshine's are considered niche operations.

Me getting hotty, you bet. Motherfucker can advertise through the proper channels and leave the growers threads to who???
Oh yeah, the growers.

When someone starts hawking their wares on grower thread, I think to myself "Now this is one professional operation. This person must have put down the meth pipe long enough to finish college. With unsolicited advertising like this, the quality of his workforce must be amazing...What? He isn't making any money, well that is just another good samaritan of the MMJ community. We are so blessed to have all these benevolent individuals in our midst.":evilgrin0040:

Here I'll plug your services for you
[removed]
P.S. You need a better Macro lens.

R

Rednick

You see me bitching about the paid advertising?
No.
Just the freeloaders trying to put on a growers clothes.

Top Bottom