Mobile scrog screen ideas please

• Thread starter Worldwomble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Worldwomble

Worldwomble

Hi all
I’d like to set up mobile scrog screens on wheels similar to what’s pictured.
I was thinking of making the frames 32” x 32” out of pvc and elbows, using nylon string for the mesh and varnished wood on castor wheels for the bases.
Can anyone suggest how I might attach the screens to the bases please?
Mobile scrog screen ideas please

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi all
I’d like to set up mobile scrog screens on wheels similar to what’s pictured.
I was thinking of making the frames 32” x 32” out of pvc and elbows, using nylon string for the mesh and varnished wood on castor wheels for the bases.
Can anyone suggest how I might attach the screens to the bases please?View attachment 1298489
If those corner posts are ....1/4"- 3/8" all thread you could use a lock washer a washer and nut. I was just thinking how I could make similar....Good idea in the right place

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Great idea, Thanks
I think I'm going to turn some 1" x 1" wood posts I've a belt sander and after adding up how much it would cost me to do pvc I thought fk it $100 bucks or make it for nothing. I'll keep you posted ( lol) I haven't done any wood work in a while, this should be fun.

Worldwomble

Worldwomble

I think I'm going to turn some 1" x 1" wood posts I've a belt sander and after adding up how much it would cost me to do pvc I thought fk it $100 bucks or make it for nothing. I'll keep you posted ( lol) I haven't done any wood work in a while, this should be fun.
Posted.. haha. That’s a great idea.. I didn’t realise how much this whole thing was going to cost me to set up from scratch. I’ll look forward to your update

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Posted.. haha. That’s a great idea.. I didn’t realise how much this whole thing was going to cost me to set up from scratch. I’ll look forward to your update
Hey, I made something similar yesterday & today from a 4ft x 2"x10" pine board I cut into posts & turned down on my belt sander, a few screws and hot glue. Its a bit small only 14" wide, I measured my 5 gallon fabric pots then added enough room for the posts. I still have to stain it then I'll drop a pot in and put a grid on it. I'm going into flower with 5 plants any day now and I'll see how this thing works out before I make any more. I think if I made any more I'd go for more of a " V " shape instead of the "U " shape I made to give me more spread on top.

IMG 2157
IMG 2152
IMG 2150
IMG 2151
2Bad

2Bad

Hey, I made something similar yesterday & today from a 4ft x 2"x10" pine board I cut into posts & turned down on my belt sander, a few screws and hot glue. Its a bit small only 14" wide, I measured my 5 gallon fabric pots then added enough room for the posts. I still have to stain it then I'll drop a pot in and put a grid on it. I'm going into flower with 5 plants any day now and I'll see how this thing works out before I make any more. I think if I made any more I'd go for more of a " V " shape instead of the "U " shape I made to give me more spread on top.
Noiceeee Pipe!

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Damn man, that’s some good carpentry work. Looks really good 👍🏼 I’m gonna be making some mobile scrogs in a few weeks with some extra plumbing supplies I have at my flipper. Pex, pvc and fittings. I’ll post when completed

Worldwomble

Worldwomble

Wow, they look awesome, nice work!

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

So here’s the first mobile and height adjustable scrog I made from plumbing materials i had at my fixer upper. My flower space is 3x3 so I made them 18”x18” I have shorter blue poles I can switch out to make it shorter for short plants. I’m gonna use spring clamps to adjust the poles.
AF369AB4 1D74 447C B9FC 2423A75337F5
It’s a double bucket system, if you stack buckets there is 3” space to collect runoff. The first bucket is the pot and the second catches the run off and will drain from the middle. I drilled holes into the side of the second bucket three inches from the bottom to air out after it drains. I’ll post another picture once I have all 4 in my flower room.
My wife laughed and said why do I keep so many buckets and waste materials from work, who’s laughing now😂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So here’s the first mobile and height adjustable scrog I made from plumbing materials i had at my fixer upper. My flower space is 3x3 so I made them 18”x18” I have shorter blue poles I can switch out to make it shorter for short plants. I’m gonna use spring clamps to adjust the poles.View attachment 1304667 It’s a double bucket system, if you stack buckets there is 3” space to collect runoff. The first bucket is the pot and the second catches the run off and will drain from the middle. I drilled holes into the side of the second bucket three inches from the bottom to air out after it drains. I’ll post another picture once I have all 4 in my flower room.
My wife laughed and said why do I keep so many buckets and waste materials from work, who’s laughing now😂
There ya go, that works with a lot less pvc & connectors. Things we can create when we think about it for a bit. Now to fill it up and get a blooming...nice job!😃

😃

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

There ya go, that works with a lot less pvc & connectors. Things we can create when we think about it for a bit. Now to fill it up and get a blooming...nice job!😃

😃
Thank you PC,
Yeah I’m super happy with it and my wife loves that I’m actually using things im accumulating too much of 😂
Yes I can not wait to get some plants in them!

Moshmen

Moshmen

😃
I don’t scrog I’m usually awe natural but I’m gonna have to make one out fence pieces - give me the holiday and I’ll post up a creation as well ! Lmoa

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I don’t scrog I’m usually awe natural but I’m gonna have to make one out fence pieces - give me the holiday and I’ll post up a creation as well ! Lmoa
Do it Mosh!
Cant wait to see what you come up with. It’s so good for someone to see different ways people built scrogs and come up with there own creation!

Top Bottom