Modifying Masterblend like Jacks please help... Some People use Jacks 3-3-1 instead of 3-2-1

• Thread starter plumsmooth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plumsmooth

plumsmooth

Ironically now that I have some Master-blend to try instead of Jacks with the easier 2-2-1 recipe -- well I now am starting to think I need a little more Nitrogen and Calcium in my RDWC. I feel if I don't keep up on the top-ups at Full strength fast enough or change out the Small RDWC reservoirs, I end up with slight Calcium deficiency. I think it could be temperature related as well. But even under my CMH with a warmer LST I still seem to be getting that slight twist white-ish tips and in one Case obvious Calcium deficiency. I also thought my Addition of Potassium Silicate in my mix might be aggravating an already close to too much K in veg? with the Masterblend (which is high in K)

Humidity is not too high and I have good air movement.

My PH is definitely not too far out of range even though it drifts up a little when I am not watching. I have still seen mixed Viewpoints on optimum Calcium PH in Hydro?
I have seen one chart that says lower PH is better for Calcium but in general I believe 6.5 -7 would be fine. I do have a hard time keepinbg my PH with my Bennie array below 6.5 in Veg.

Well mathematically it would be easy enough to adjust Master-blend to be like a 3-3-1 Jacks. Simply add 50% More calcium Nitrate to the Master-blend 2-2-1 and get a 2-2.5-1 etc..

I have more or less run out of ideas as to why I always seem to be having trouble with the Calcium pathway but sometimes I think since I use R.O. even a 1/2 tsp per gallon of any standard Cal/Mag with REs change and even Topping may not hurt. I could try that and look for the signs of Calcium overload or Toxicity. I am guess it would be something like Potassium deficiency that would manifest first? Any ideas thanks for your time...

plumsmooth

plumsmooth

I think maybe I mean 3-3-1 not 2-2-1. In other words raising Calcium Nitrate not lowering Jacks Base Hydroponic! O.K. I was able to change the TITLE of the thread!

Latest posts

Top Bottom