molasses after final flush

• Thread starter stonedmaniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stonedmaniac

is it ok to feed your plant with molasses after you do a final flush.until trichomes are 50/50.

S

stonedmaniac

ok i guess that means no.uh ok what if i did already will this leave a chemical taste because the plant still has a week or two left until ready,i ask this because i flushed at week 7 and thought it would be done by week 9 but i just got my microscope a couple of days ago and i checked the trichomes they are still clear which seems wierd to me being that this is a cole train strain 6 to 8 weeks strain.any helpful tips on what i should do now .

B

Buddy Flowers

yea i know what you mean but at least next round you'll know that she goes a little longer and you'll time your flush better. instead of molasses i recommend liquid carbo load then your flush. good luck man

S

stonedmaniac

yea thanks,one feed with molasses i geuss shouldnt hurt to bad,at any rate its to late to do anything about it now lol.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

For Flushing, I try and flush for 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks if it flowers long. I'll use molasses and sucanat, both sugars, 7-10 days into flushing. the last few days of flushing I only use water. The first week of flushing I will also throw "final phase" into the mix, because it has empty chelates in it that combine with nutrients in the growing medium to help the roots ingest those nutrients easier, faster. I've had decent success creating quality meds using this method of flushing. Happy Gardening!

S

stonedmaniac

so i take it i should flush more than once,didnt know that thought i had to just flush once and then just feed with water,or is this simple what you do,and i just pulled a bud on the bottom of my plant and checked the trichomes and just a few were amber color so how long do you think i have left.going for about a 70%amber and rest cloudy

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
is it ok to feed your plant with molasses after you do a final flush.until trichomes are 50/50.
Yes, as long as it's not too much. 1 teaspoon/gallon is good.

How long to flush, whether or not to flush even, depends much on how you've been growing. Organic soil, not really needed, but can't hurt, either. Chemical salt soilless/hydro, IMO it's needed.

S

stonedmaniac

thanks SM,well dont know much about foxfarms soil is it organic and i used all of their ferts and solu,so figured i needed to flush at least once,any idea`s on how long or how quickly these trichomes will change.like i said just checked a bud and it had a few amber colored trichomes but most was clear or cloudy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you used the whole FF line-up, then you DEFINITELY need to flush. They only offer one organic product and that's Big Bloom.

Trichomes changing color--my best advice is DON'T rely solely on that. Sometimes it'll bite ya in the ass.

Look for a few other things like, are they continuing to pop out buttloads of white pistils, or is it just a few or has slowed down significantly?
Are the buds still fattening up or have they stalled?
Are the fan leaves faded with sugar leaves beginning to fade (an indication that you're feeding has become low on nitrogen, which, late in flower is MUCH more preferable than too high in nitrogen)?

I've known people who waited weeks after the plant was finished waiting for the right combination of cloudy/amber trichomes, and it bit 'em in the ass because their girls were finished and if you don't pull, believe you me, those buds *will* begin to literally shrink before your eyes.

Use these other indicators of doneness as well, not just trichomes. That's my best advice on that.

Since you've been using chemical salt fertilizers, nothing but plain water for a week at LEAST.

HTH.

420king-MASSES

there happy frog and oceans forest are organic also//and i flush last ten days im 100%organic//same day as i do my 10 day flush i add bio-boost and hi-brix[molasses] to the last gallon running thrue the soil medium and then water the until 2 days b4 harvest

S

stonedmaniac

ok now i`am confused,at week 6 my buds started to form peaks ontop of the buds and in the last two weeks 7&8 those new tops filled in now in the last 4 to 5 days there has been no growth and alot of my trichomes are still clear so what should i do....

M

mdTHC420

just like seamaden said, cant only go on trics. what percentage of hairs on the buds are orange or red to slightly brown? also, checking the bottom nugs for amber trics will mislead you as the bottom matures slower than the tops that get direct light. looks the your tops to check doneness and if you want u can just chop the top 2/3 and let the bottom finish out if you have the space, time, and patients.

and those little shits can change over night so keep an eye out.

S

stonedmaniac

yep your right i just checked my trichomes again today and they are changing fast on my cole train,and my super lemon haze plants have a bunch of cloudy trichomes think i`ll let`em go for about 4 more days since i watered yesterday...GOD I CANT WAITE MY HANDS ARE SO STICKY FROM CHECKING THESE BUDS.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cry me a river, but take care wiping those tears with your stickyicky hands! (it burns, I promise you)
ok now i`am confused,at week 6 my buds started to form peaks ontop of the buds and in the last two weeks 7&8 those new tops filled in now in the last 4 to 5 days there has been no growth and alot of my trichomes are still clear so what should i do....
Now I can't remember when you said you started flushing, but I'd take a sample, dry it (not too fast!) and try it. See how you like it. Do it the same way you'd cook, gotta taste while it's cooking, adjust seasoning (timing), figure out where you like things to be.

I have this problem, this mental thing, when it comes to chopping down girls and it's really weird, it's this whole "once you chop you can't put it back" thing. Kind of like salting the soup or unringing a bell. Pretty much can't be done, ya dig?

S

stonedmaniac

um ok dont know if your being sarcastic,or just jokeing but at any rate I GET IT!. make sure its where i want it before i chop it because once its done its done no going back.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, just talking about what a problem I have making that "final decision". It's very difficult for me because it's a real commitment and I always think, "Well, we can go another day..."

Also pointing out that you can start sampling now and decide whether or not *you* feel they're ready or not. It also helps some folks (helped me) decide just how long they want to take a given girl if they're gonna run her again. Take a bud or two today, dry them overnight, maybe you don't like them, but you haven't chopped yet.

Or, another thing you could try is a staggered harvest, where you take only what's apparently ready and leave the rest.

S

stonedmaniac

oh,lol sorry yea i know what you mean i`am trying to do the same thing waiting for the right time, hopefully within the next 4 days or so those trichomes will amber of alittle more.hey thanks for all the helpfull advise.

420healer

I know this post is pretty old. However I have over a 6ft monster in a stand alone DWC bucket. I purchased some "Grandma's old fashion molasses" it's nearly week 12 of flower and still throwing white pistils. But I'm reading a lot of debate on weather to flush or not to flush? And advice on this is greatly appreciated...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I know this post is pretty old. However I have over a 6ft monster in a stand alone DWC bucket. I purchased some "Grandma's old fashion molasses" it's nearly week 12 of flower and still throwing white pistils. But I'm reading a lot of debate on weather to flush or not to flush? And advice on this is greatly appreciated...
I wouldn't use molasses in late flower, if the trichs are mostly cloudy with a few amber I would feed straight tap water.

Top Bottom