molasses in coco

• Thread starter Abdultj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

hey guys, does molasses help increase tricomes production in coco/perlite mix?

Molasses doesnt do anything for the plant. It doesnt uptake molasses.

Sugars are meant to feed the micro biology in the medium.

But even that is more myth than reality because introducing new food for the bacteria wil cause them to stop feeding symbiotically woth the plant and start eating the orher food source.

Also it causes a micro life bloom that goes away as fast as it builds and none of it actually helps feed the plant.

Maybe not a popular “opinion” but read all the facts before deciding.

Even Jorje Cervantes has apologized for putting sugar feeding plants mis-information in his grow book. Oops. Retracted.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Molasses doesnt do anything for the plant. It doesnt uptake molasses.

Sugars are meant to feed the micro biology in the medium.

But even that is more myth than reality because introducing new food for the bacteria wil cause them to stop feeding symbiotically woth the plant and start eating the orher food source.

Also it causes a micro life bloom that goes away as fast as it builds and none of it actually helps feed the plant.

Maybe not a popular “opinion” but read all the facts before deciding.

Even Jorje Cervantes has apologized for putting sugar feeding plants mis-information in his grow book. Oops. Retracted.
[/QUO

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

my brain was asking that same question... if you feed the microbes sugar then maybe they wont eat and break down the nutrients that you want them to break down and convert the material into something that the plant can absorb...it is a valid question if you think about??

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

my brain was asking that same question... if you feed the microbes sugar then maybe they wont eat and break down the nutrients that you want them to break down and convert the material into something that the plant can absorb...it is a valid question if you think about??

There is a professor who dispels ag myth. I have a link somewhere. She writes that when a farmer sprays compost on the crops the micro life blooms excessively. Then it all competes for food so some live and some immediately die out. In a day or two all the extra created bacteria die off and the root zone goes back to the normal amount.

They found no evidence that the plants uptook nutrients any more than without compost sprayed. It is possibly less from the microbes competing and eating all available starches.

Just the micro life activity and die back is proven.

Aint got to be a weed farmer to get caught up in myth and fads.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

There is a professor who dispels ag myth. I have a link somewhere. She writes that when a farmer sprays compost on the crops the micro life blooms excessively. Then it all competes for food so some live and some immediately die out. In a day or two all the extra created bacteria die off and the root zone goes back to the normal amount.

They found no evidence that the plants uptook nutrients any more than without compost sprayed. It is possibly less from the microbes competing and eating all available starches.

So basically what you're saying if I'm reading this right is that the microbial teas aren't a complete waste of time because they do add microbes to the soil, but the soil can only hold so many microbes and sustain their life.... Kind of like a worm farm that I researched before I did my own worm castings, worms tend to regulate their population for the space that they live in... You can add extra worms to your worm bin but it will only hold so many

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

It would be great if you could find the link I can do with a good read . I’ve used worm casting teas for years mainly as a activator in my compost system , and I have from time to time added molasses to the tea as well , would that be damaging my microbes in the casting tea ?

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

It would be great if you could find the link I can do with a good read . I’ve used worm casting teas for years mainly as a activator in my compost system , and I have from time to time added molasses to the tea as well , would that be damaging my microbes in the casting tea ?
I wouldn't mind seeing that link to for a Sunday night read .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So basically what you're saying if I'm reading this right is that the microbial teas aren't a complete waste of time because they do add microbes to the soil, but the soil can only hold so many microbes and sustain their life.... Kind of like a worm farm that I researched before I did my own worm castings, worms tend to regulate their population for the space that they live in... You can add extra worms to your worm bin but it will only hold so many

Well im just telling a plant doctors findings but what the trial concludes is that adding extra microlife may not help the plants at all. The microbes appear naturally in the right conditions and live symbiotically with the plant. The newly introduced microbes merely competed with each other for available food.

I guess like most things grow more is not necessarilly better.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I wouldn't mind seeing that link to for a Sunday night read .
I did a 19 week organic farming corse when I bought a old run down organic by neglect property in Noether New South Whales , 21 km out of my home town Nimbin , Dave Forest & Dave Robey were the utters both great gardeners Horts and farmers , I was turned on to worm farming back in the early 90s and made a good side income from calling my tea and later castings under name Earthward Bound , there’s a typical analysis sheet in my pics of what the tea actually had I’ll put it up if that’s ok , ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont see the link in my phone so i must have saved it to my old one. Sorry. I did most of this research a few years ago when teas got popular.

Honestly i think that plants eat the nutrients in brewed teas but the brewing and microbes are not doing anything to actually help the plant grow better.

And then there is a ton if research that you can be introducing harmful microbes.

I will have to do a search to see if i can find some info but its time for lights on now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I did a 19 week organic farming corse when I bought a old run down organic by neglect property in Noether New South Whales , 21 km out of my home town Nimbin , Dave Forest & Dave Robey were the utters both great gardeners Horts and farmers , I was turned on to worm farming back in the early 90s and made a good side income from calling my tea and later castings under name Earthward Bound , there’s a typical analysis sheet in my pics of what the tea actually had I’ll put it up if that’s ok , ?

I would like to see any info you have very much. Always time to learn more.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

And you're just the man I want to talk to. made my own worm bin last year because I like to fish and I wanted the worm castings so I use night crawlers because that's what I like to fish with for walleyes in my backyard.. they did a great job of making me castings but I see so few baby worms I did come across numerous eggs when I was taking castings out to dry for use in gardening... I swear they're eating each other.. soon as the bait shops open up around here going to go buy another flat of worms and put them in there

Latest posts

Top Bottom