Molasses???

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Squiggs, im diggin the new outlook, congrats on becoming a mod!

putembk

putembk

I would actually like to hear what you have to say, just not the way you say it. Don't come on new and start talking down to everybody. If you have something useful to say do it in a way that we will listen. Sorry you come across as a KNOW IT ALL KNOW NOTHING. Unfortunately you don't ever last anywhere for long.

squiggly

squiggly

With that lets talk about molasses more--and not at all about other stuff like congos and shit like that.

Keep it on topic. Cleaned up the thread.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

any info on microorganisms and bacterias naturally in molasses and if they are beneficial to rizhospere?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i think sea may have answered this in another thread my memory is hurting sometime :cigar:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
any info on microorganisms and bacterias naturally in molasses and if they are beneficial to rizhospere?
I do not believe you can have anything living in molasses, or you'd end up with something else (fermentation?). :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I do not believe you can have anything living in molasses, or you'd end up with something else (fermentation?). :)
fair enough....this may be one i go deep into the rabbit hole not to prove you wrong but to see if a buddy was mistaken when he told me :pompus: lol funny how its always a buddy when its questionable, im so lazy i need to learn research methods

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Im guessing extremophiles....now after that im guessing some choose some cannabis as host plants to live in harmony with.....yup and im gonna guess also that they happen to be bacteria that help plant use the potassium....man now i gotta go find out some how....is there a university of Mississippi medical marijuana research box hehehe thats my first google scholar search

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you remind me, I'll break out my cheap scope and do a schmear of molasses on a slide, ok? I'm well over 40yo, though, so I have lots of Mystery Eye Floaties.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

MOLASSES by Hubert Olbrich 2
Publish by Biotechnologie-Kempe GmbH (2006)
CONTENTS
1. Introduction...........................................................................................................
(i) Mechanical theory of molasses formation
(ii) Chemical theory of molasses formation
2. Final Molasses………………………………………………
a. General remarks.................................................................................................
b. Major components.........................................................................................
(i) Water
(ii) Carbohydrates in the molasses
(iii) Non-sugar components
c. Minor components..............................................................................................
(i) Trace elements
(ii) Vitamins and growth substances
d. Other properties of molasses............................................................................
(i) Viscosity of molasses
(ii) Specific heat of molasses
(iii) Contraction of molasses
(iv) Coefficient of expansion of molasses
(v) Elevation of the boiling point of molasses
(vi) Shift in pH in molasses with temperature changes
3. High test molasses……………………… 49
4. Composition of molasses from various countries 51
5. Utilization of molasses
a. General survey...............................................................................................
(i) Recovery of the molasses sugar
(ii) Chemical conversion of the molasses sugar
(iii) Biochemical utilization of molasses sugar
(iv) Other uses of molasses
b. Fermentation of molasses…………………………………………………
(i) Production of alcohol from molasses
(ii) Production of glycerine from molasses
(iii) Preparation of rum from beet molasses
c. Manufacture of yeast from molasses............................................................
(i) General consideration
(ii) Harmful factors
(iii) Colouring matters in molasses
(iv) Molasses colloids and suspended materials
(v) Micro organisms in molasses
(vi) Removal of ‘harmful’ constituents by clarification of the molass
(v) Micro-organisms in molasses
Statements regarding the kinds and extent of the microflora in molasses are quite divergent (cf. Table
9).
Findings that molasses contain 29 to 500 million germs per gram13 differ substantially from statements
that beet molasses contains around 10,000 to 5 million micro-organisms per gram30. Only those germs
deserve special attention which multiply during storage of the molasses or which can cause
complications in the fermentation process. Molasses have been graded in three classes with respect to
quality according to the content of microorganisms (Table 63).
A

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

:cool:
Molasses to boost soil microbial activity has been talked about for many decades and the theory has been that it provides an energy source for microbes that can be utilized equally well by all soil organisms.

However, field applications that have been studied have not tended to produce many convincing responses. For instance, Recent research by SWEP laboratories, has begun to shed light on this issue by looking at soil biology from a balance perspective (according to the principles of the Mikhail System) that has shown some significant effects on soil biology, but are now finding that the soilfoodweb is much more complex than expected - something Dr. Elaine Ingham (www.soilfoodweb.com) could have told them many years ago.
Results of these studies appear to indicate that the lowest application rates work best for fungi and cellulose utilizers, while some bacteria showed the opposite response, with activity increasing as the application rate increased. So my 'take' on this is that BALANCE is the prerequisite to consider, involving the type of microbes you want to supply, based on what you are attempting to accomplish.

With regard to feeding compost tea microbe population (liquid environment, not solids), in my opinion there is no equal in the field, to Dr. Ingham. However, tea must be aerated and fed more than just molasses to accomplish such objective effectively. :):)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I use protein crumblies also to feed microherd sugar is quick short energy and the protein is more like pasta long lasting energy......another nice read woodsmaneh you have some mad reading skills the soil food web so many different relationships in there....peace

the protein crumblies are a mix of composted veggies many legumes in there all composted veggies vegetation roots and all

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

molasses is a inefficient way to get calcium to the plant it was used by poor farmers when they couldn't afford calcium nitrate.
people like technology and innovation. molasses is not technology or innovation.and a good source for mold. they main point is that it is a unnecessary expense added to the cost of all the other stimulants and gimmicks that consumers have been brainwashed to use.
I see ur back to trolling on this subject...
Just stop dude. Show us the university studies backing up your thesis. Please. U come here spewing bullshit u believe to be true without so much as a reference.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

D
molasses is a inefficient way to get calcium to the plant it was used by poor farmers when they couldn't afford calcium nitrate.
people like technology and innovation. molasses is not technology or innovation.and a good source for mold. they main point is that it is a unnecessary expense added to the cost of all the other stimulants and gimmicks that consumers have been brainwashed to use.
Don't use it then use dry protein shake

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

And nobody is using molasses for fucking calcium. We use it to feed bennies and to supply simple sugars to the plant, which DO get taken up in minimal amounts.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Look at the mold my molasses is encouraging!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ok, so poor farmers would use molasses as a calcium supplement because they could not afford calcium nitrate. I don't know how it was back in the 1800's, but right now calcium nitrate is LESS expensive then molasses when it comes to the amount of Ca per oz. Also, NOBODY is talking about using molasses as a calcium source, they are mainly using it as a source of sugar. Another member, named We Solidarity, already explained that to you.....duh!!!.

If your gonna use the same 'talking points' over and over and over again, at least have a decent argument to present us. Everything you said about molasses has NOTHING to do with how WE use it. Everybody here talks about using it for SUGAR, but you talk about CALCIUM, it makes NO SENSE!!!!!!

STOP TROLLING!!!!!!!!!!

You say molasses has nothing to do with 'technology and innovation', but from your own words, calcium nitrate was used during the same time as molasses, so how is calcium nitrate so much more 'advanced' then molasses if they were both available during the same time?????

The more I read and dissect your posts, the more FAKE I find you to be. Read my posts and you will see I give advice based on my knowledge and I have learned ALOT since I've been part of this community (The Farm). Every thread I've seen you in all you did was either talk shit about other nutrient companies and/or promote your own 'failed' nutrient company, and thats all you have done since you've been on this site. So please.....

.....STOP TROLLING!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom